• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. M

looking for a northeast vps

I'm looking for a reliable vps server at a good price, located in north east usa. my budget is $20-$50. I need 50gb disk space and 1gb ram. 250gb bandwidth is enough. semi-managed or managed should be good. I manage my own servers, but it's good to have tech support just in case. centos 5.5 or...
  2. M

colocation - pa, nj, ny

I'm looking for colocation service for a single tower in the pa/nj/ny area. my budget is $70, but must be reliable
  3. M

team up with cms project

I've been working on a cms called prositemanager. it is open source and the alpha code is available on prositemanager.com . if I had someone to help me with the project, it would help motivate me to get more done with it. I think the project has a ton of potential and is very powerful. it just...
  4. M

need dedicated server

I am interested to know what is out there offered to me. I currently have a celeron 1.8ghz, 1gb ram, 80gb drive, and cpanel. I have a new project that requires me to upgrade the server, but at the same budget. here is what I'm looking for: 1.8ghz minimum cpu 1gb ram or more (more is better)...
  5. M

pentium or celeron?

what would preform better for a web server that runs php, mysql, and a bunch of file transfers. what has better performance, a pentium III 1.2ghz or a celeron 1.7ghz. both with 1gb ram and an 80gb hard drive running cent os.
  6. M

outgoing mail slow

lately my email has been kinda slow to deliver when I'm sending. sending to another account on the server is instant, but sending to yahoo.com accounts takes a good 20 minutes to get there. incoming mail has a bit of a problem too. some websites like world of warcraft registration send me an...
  7. M

vbulletin license

can anyone get me a 1 year vbulletin license for a better deal then what they have on their website? I know they offer bulk discounts, maybe someone here does buy in bulk and can offer me one. just no used or illegal copies, and obviously no more then $85 a year.
  8. M

aol or other isp ip addresses

I've heard here and there that aol puts it's dialup users on a proxy fr downloading web pages. do multiple aol users share am ip address or are there other isp's that do this? I'm working on an authentication system and I need to know this for the brute force detection. I want to detect someone...
  9. M

vps review

to anyone wondering what a vps is like: I've been using a virtuozzos vps for a few months now. the first month was a bit sluggish and I really noticed a difference moving to it from a pentium 4 3ghz dedicated server. tech support from the supplier has always been pretty good, so between that...
  10. M

xen vps hosting

I was reading about xen vps software tonight. does anyone on here offer such a thing? it's supposed to be nearly double the performance of other vps software.
  11. M

help running server - will pay

I'm putting together a small dedicated server to run some websites. some are mine and a few are customers. I don't have a lot of tech support to take care of running a server, it's just that I need better preformance then a vps, but at a lower cost then leasing a dedicated server. anyway, my...
  12. M

ProSiteManager first release

hope this isn't considered spam by the staff. this is a project I've been working on for a while. I decided to let people download it as open source and I just finished the first release. I could really use some help with it right now. there are a bunch of side projects that need to get done to...
  13. M

aclandhost.com

has anyone ever used a hosting service from aclandhost.com ?
  14. M

anyone from Pennsylvania?

anyone on here from Pennsylvania?
  15. M

dedicated server or vps

checking into my options.. if I deside to order from you, it will be tonight or tomorrow morning, so please hurry. I need a minimum of 40gb hard drive space and 150gb bandwidth. it can be a small dedicated server or a vps. no celerons. I'd like 100 base-t ethernet but 10 base-t will do...
  16. M

css centering problem in mozilla firefox

I've gotten most of the css working well in both ie and firefox, but there's one problem I can't figure out. http://www.prositemanager.com/psm3/?page=home the whole page block should be centered. the only thing I've found about the problem is centering only works in mozilla if you set a fixed...
  17. M

http hacking

I'm looking for a way to "hide" information in an http header. I can legally use post to send information, but I need to receive hidden information too. I don't want to do anything that could possibly brake a browser. any ideas?
  18. M

looking for graphics help

I need some help with graphics. I'm a programmer, not too good at graphics. I have 2 non-profit websites that need a few things. the first one is pretty simple. schematicsforfree.com - I send dvd's to people who make a donation to the site. I would like just simple dvd covers. I would like...
  19. M

preformance, str_replace vs. preg_replace

I want to squeeze out every bit of preformance out of the template system I'm making in php. what would give me better preformance, always using preg_replace and other regular expression functions, or using preg_replace when needed, but str_replace when I don't need the extra regular expression...
  20. M

cron running backup

there's no tech forum or anything, so hope this is where I should put this post. how do I run a backup with a cron tab? do I call the cpbackup script with arguments or something?
Back