• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

vps review

mattsoftnet

to anyone wondering what a vps is like:

I've been using a virtuozzos vps for a few months now. the first month was a bit sluggish and I really noticed a difference moving to it from a pentium 4 3ghz dedicated server. tech support from the supplier has always been pretty good, so between that and the competitive pricing I got on it, I felt it was worth dealing with the performance issue for a while. after that month, I don't know if the company moved some accounts off the server or did some tweaking or what, but I usually don't notice any degrade in speed anymore. occasionally on peek days I think it's noticeable, but over-all, not bad. my advice, if you're looking for a server with root access and a vps is the size you need, shop around a while. find the best deal, but as always, make sure it's a reliable host with fast tech support. a vps isn't always as bad as they say, it's all in how it's managed. good luck and happy hosting:)

I just moved over to a DirectAdmin VPS too but then I am still quite new to both DirectAdmin and VPS.

to anyone wondering what a vps is like:

I've been using a virtuozzos vps for a few months now. the first month was a bit sluggish and I really noticed a difference moving to it from a pentium 4 3ghz dedicated server. tech support from the supplier has always been pretty good, so between that and the competitive pricing I got on it, I felt it was worth dealing with the performance issue for a while. after that month, I don't know if the company moved some accounts off the server or did some tweaking or what, but I usually don't notice any degrade in speed anymore. occasionally on peek days I think it's noticeable, but over-all, not bad. my advice, if you're looking for a server with root access and a vps is the size you need, shop around a while. find the best deal, but as always, make sure it's a reliable host with fast tech support. a vps isn't always as bad as they say, it's all in how it's managed. good luck and happy hosting:)

Are you tryiing to prove that VPS is better than dedicated? Sorry, if I have misinterpreted your post.

Are you tryiing to prove that VPS is better than dedicated? Sorry, if I have misinterpreted your post.

definitely not. just giving my opinion based on experience. I would still love to move to a dedicated server, maybe spring or something. but if you're on a budget and don't need the full resources of a dedicated server, it's an option that's not always as bad as people say. just depends on the host.

how is DirectAdmin so far? I think I'll be paying for cpanel for years to come.

I use directadmin on my dedi all the clients and me love it
Most did have cPanel hosting befor the only thing it really lacks in is no script installer for n00bs ;p
lol
apart from that you could also try it at there website they have a demo.

What OS is the vps running? I have found that Debian 3.1 and DirectAdmin control panel run quite well together :beer: when setup on vps.

I've been running centOS on all my servers for the last few years. I've been pretty happy with it. I heard centOS is good for servers and fedora is good for workstations, so I'm about to try ditching windows once again, but that's a whole other mess. I've been surprised at how stable my vps has been. some down-time is always normal when you're paying under $300 a month, but tech support has always been there for me and usually just a reboot or something fixes everything. in all honesty, it's been as reliable as a true dedicated server. lacks performance a little, and not every vps is as stable, but maybe I have found "the right host".

Back