• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

outgoing mail slow

mattsoftnet

lately my email has been kinda slow to deliver when I'm sending. sending to another account on the server is instant, but sending to yahoo.com accounts takes a good 20 minutes to get there. incoming mail has a bit of a problem too. some websites like world of warcraft registration send me an email and I never get it. I have to resourt to a dusty old hotmail account for some sites. any idea?

lately my email has been kinda slow to deliver when I'm sending.

Big mail providers now have strict filters and blocklists in place. Think about the number of spammers using/targeting yahoo addresses. The delay most likely a yahoo problem. There's not much you can do about that.

Ok
I see what you mean now.

The being able to recive mail part should be able to be fixed though :p

I finally figured out my old aim password. aim.com is one of the sites I was having trouble with. I never get any password recovery emails or activation emails for new accounts. when I finally got into my account, I changed the password. seconds later, I get an email letting me know my account has been updated. duh.. is it their system or mine with the problem?

Maybe I am missing something,

Some how, you changed your AIM Mail password and your servers mail server fixed itself?

Maybe I am missing something,

Some how, you changed your AIM Mail password and your servers mail server fixed itself?

I get most emails fine without a problem, as far as I know. there are a few sites I've tried to register on or reset a password and I never get emails from them. I'm still not getting activation emails or lost password emails from aim.com, but I do get account updated notices from them.

I get most emails fine without a problem, as far as I know. there are a few sites I've tried to register on or reset a password and I never get emails from them. I'm still not getting activation emails or lost password emails from aim.com, but I do get account updated notices from them.

As long as you understand, your making no sense to me.

Have you checked your Junk Mail settings? is AOL on your allowed senders list? What mail client are you using?

Have you checked your Junk Mail settings? is AOL on your allowed senders list? What mail client are you using?

I use outlook express and have spam assassin on my server. I have it send all emails marked as spam to a special email account, and I checked there for the email too.

Back