• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The "1st Annual FWS Gathering" Discussion

Where would you travel for a FWS gathering?

• Total voters
I'm amazing ;) Thats how.

On a lighter note. I personally feel that London would be much better than Dublin. For one, the traveling costs are much less when flying to London, than flying to Dublin.

I am up for May but it would have to be the first weekend of May as I plan on flying out to Australia on May 24th

Dublin, Ireland 8 27.59%
London, UK 10 34.48%

From this data & scientific analysization using the data supplied, London is a clear 6.89% in favor thus enabling us to confirm London as the host. My calculations can be backed up by a professor from the university in Uzbekistan namely ''Colin'' who has vast knowledge in the field of bros before hoes.

:)

I am also up for London, but not up for organizing one in London as I know nothing about the place.
So, if someone from London is willing to organize a hotel etc then that would be mighty.

Ok, we're leaning towards London instead then. Since we're not too many it doesn't have to be too organized. If you live in London, nearby or know London well, please suggest some hotel. We don't all have to live at the same hotel, but some suggestion could be useful so that most of us live in the same area atleast. If we can get a discount that would be good too.

First weekend in May is now suggested. That's May 3-4. Who would be able to come to London that weekend? And what would you like to do?

Joe,

Basically what would happen is this:

Each persona attending would book into a hotel designated to the group as it were. The weekend or whatever would be filled with events such as major piss ups, live bands, amusements etc. Just basically a weekend of good Craic.

There would be no admission fees unless a certain venue with live music will have a cover charge.

Can we also do some crime fighting ??

I'd go to one in Ireland also ...

So how will the group things work at what sorta service are we looking for from a hotel ?? Like Travel Inn service or even more hotelly than that ?? The size of the groups will probably greatly affect the price of booking a hotel ...

Joe, me and you will go under cover and get rid of the drug lords of London. Just leave Ray Winstone alone. He's tough. :D

Yeah a Group booking will give room for discounts. Most hotels do that anyway.

i would never go to this in a million years but i feel like i would be doing an injustice if i didnt say:

avoid all travelodges in inner london. i mean for real. i've stayed in a few and the semen-covered sheets and general dirtiness of it was disgusting. i know people say 'well, if its like that in one, doesnt mean its like that in the rest' but trust me, there is a reason travelodges have a reputation for these things. well, i suppose it is only £19...

take your own blanket. and that whirring in the ceiling? dont worry about it. ;)

I have to agree with Decker that these things are near impossible to pull off.

I tried to have one for a local community forum and like 5 guys showed up out of a couple hundred. Keep in mind these were all people living within 50 miles of one another.

Nice thought though.

Best way - sell tickets upfront (proper security marked ones, you can get 1,000 for about £70, so 7p per ticket extra won't break the bank - money at the door an option), that way you at least can ensure the venue is paid for.

Advertise the bash round different forums, then have a complete bloody bath :D

Have you thought about venue/entertainment/food/etc. what's going to be laid on or is it just meet in a pub then scatter ?

If you need any help with that side Dan drop me a note, promo work is one of the things we do, concerts and such. One point it is late on in the day to promote such a thing, so it might end up being a booking for a phone box that's needed. :)

Ok, let someone take action.

London (some club) 5th/04/08, start with a meet at some pub then onto a club at around 10PM (would be cool to get a VIP area).

These things ain't that hard to pull off, I do allot events. As long as am not the only one who turns up am happy.

Could be a good idea to get a guest book up so we know 100% who's coming then we can book some club area & get all other stuff going, without knowing who's turning up you may as well forget it! :)

Back