• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The "1st Annual FWS Gathering" Discussion

Where would you travel for a FWS gathering?

• Total voters

Dan

Bullah
NLC
Ok folks,

After discussing with Peo in Private and after running the poll in the other Thread, it seems that the idea of holding an Annual FWS Gathering has been safely given the Green Bulb.
This thread is to discuss the where and when details and also to suggest ideas etc, age groups and all that jazz.

It was suggested in the other thread that it can be held in different locations at the same time and to somehow hook up via Webcam at some stage. This, I feel is a good idea and could work successfully.

It was agreed with myself and Peo that the first one should be held somewhere close to where most of the members come from. In this case we have chosen either Britain or Ireland.
Please vote which location you would be prepared to travel to in order to attend this Gathering.

At a later date, closer to when it is due to be on, I will post up some more information as to age restrictions (unfortunately it may have to be that way) and what each attendee should do, bring, send etc.

This thread is to discuss the gathering ONLY and any off-topic discussions will be removed.

So lets have your ideas and input as to what, where and when.

Cheers,

Dan

I'm not flying overseas for a web space message board meet. At least not until I have a career which I could afford to make a vacation overlap on the meet day.

However, I'm still up for a USA meet.

Like Nick, I can't fly overseas and am up for a USA meet. England/Ireland may be the most equidistant location for most members, but it's still too far for me :p

Any rules as far as non-FWSian guests go?

I too can't afford to go flying somewhere. There should be more locations than just those two... most of us don't have enough money to fly overseas for something like this.

Maybe one location on each continent? To save us from $1,000+ flights (in your respective currency) for a small meet ...

Well Ben for us it doesn't really matter, $1,000 is like the same as $1,000 CAD :D

I should make everyone from Canada go to BC!!!111

We can have our lame 3-6 person party :lol:

Well Ben for us it doesn't really matter, $1,000 is like the same as $1,000 CAD :D

I should make everyone from Canada go to BC!!!111

We can have our lame 3-6 person party :lol:

I meant that more for those who use GBP, EUR, etc. Ha.

And yeah, it's going to be small if it's divided between continents. Might still be fun/interesting. Then again, a lot of people wouldn't be able to make one central meet so it may even itself out.

Meeting over teamspeak is a stupid idea, no offense. We can all talk on skype whenever we want. I haven't decided an opinion on this.Flying to the U.K would be rather expensive though.

Although I think it would be interesting to know what you bunch are like IRL, I don't think I'll be participating. Something about meeting people you met on the internet just seems a tad weird, yanno?

Although I think it would be interesting to know what you bunch are like IRL, I don't think I'll be participating. Something about meeting people you met on the internet just seems a tad weird, yanno?

We all had our suspicions that Colin was a pedo since day one, but we got over that months ago!

I never said anybody was a pedophile :p. In fact I think it's unlikely that any active poster on this forum is one. Just saying I think the whole idea's a tad odd.

He doesnt want to come because hes getting a slap from me....the bastard :ninja:.

England, Ireland, USA, Canada, AUS or the moon, I will follow the gang.

Opinion: This issue would have been much simpler if the users were forced to choose country of residence at registration.

I don't see an option for Singapore. :p

I am really interested but I know for a fact I cannot make it. I am not even officially 16 yet; where am I supposed to get the money for a flight to somewhere so far away? Unless someone is willing to pay for me, of course. ;)

Ye, things are more fun when they are forced. For people who are forcing it.

Back