• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The "1st Annual FWS Gathering" Discussion

Where would you travel for a FWS gathering?

• Total voters
I went on the tear in Dublin a few times and I know a few good haunts to visit, such as The Temple Bar in Templebar in Dublin. Good hotel to stay in is the North Star Hotel near Connelly Train Station.

Is a great idea, I would guess that the USA will win the popular vote this time around, maybe we could have a USA and a UK/Ireland meeting, I'd love to take a day out to put a face to the names around here ( not that I'd remember the face for more than 7 seconds, but still ) ...

If we do have one in the UK, I'd be up for getting the misses to look into coaches, maybe one of the older members here ( with a 10 year no-claims bonus ) could be the driver and we could circle the M25 in the morning ( before rush hour ) picking people up from the Greater London areas ....

Also, what sort of venue are you looking at hiring for this and will an admission fee be applicable ??

Joe,

Basically what would happen is this:

Each persona attending would book into a hotel designated to the group as it were. The weekend or whatever would be filled with events such as major piss ups, live bands, amusements etc. Just basically a weekend of good Craic.

There would be no admission fees unless a certain venue with live music will have a cover charge.

I think we should focus on getting an event in Dublin. Other cities can be added later on. Dan is the organizer of the Dublin event. Those who have voted for other places, feel free to contact me about organizing something there aswell.

So, I guess sometime this summer. Any suggestions on which weekend?

I think mid july would work for me, but I think hotel prices would be lower in for instance May.

I would be all for may yeah im back from santa ponsa on the 13th so anytime after then.

I get what your coming at though Peo, with the schools still being in it would be cheaper aswell as being off peak season.

A flight to Dublin would cost me £96.30. Overall, if you are willing to invest some time in it, rent out a hall, or something, etc. Then yeah, I would come.

EDIT: I would much rather it be London :p But its cheaper than going to the US.

Last edited:
Instead of hotels, we could look at caravan parks i know a caravan may be cheaper than a hotel and far more fun :D

The day I stay in a Caravan park, is the day hell freezes over. I am having second thoughts about meeting some of you if thats what you call fun. Lol

Is there a place that does 'bunkhouse' type accom Dan?

That way the party is allll night :D

Only reason i like caravan parks is - Every time i go my caravan is convienently placed next to the pub in the park :p Stumbling distance back home for me :lol:

Back