1. Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 125.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Add your web host to our brand new web hosting directory (beta).
    Dismiss Notice
Dan
Last Activity:
Aug 29, 2012
Birthday:
Feb 12, 1971 (Age: 47)
Home Page:
Customer Service Representative

Share This Page

Dan

Bullah, 47, from Bendigo, VIC, Australia

NLC
Dan was last seen:
Aug 29, 2012
    1. AdamJ
      AdamJ
      Dan! Nice to see you back!
      1. Kayramear likes this.
    2. Dan
      Dan
      Corruption Adam and nothing more or less.
      1. Kayramear likes this.
    3. AdamJ
      AdamJ
      Dan! How comes your not a mod anymore? :(
    4. Dan
      Dan
      I do not own Budlo. Contact DeiseHost.Com
    5. belladonna
      belladonna
      Cant seem to get into the Budlo forums the past few days and I just got a message telling me my account was suspended for not posting. Is Budlo down for good?
    6. Dan
      Dan
      It's not. :D
    7. Zombie
      Zombie
      Wow, sounds fun fun fun :S
    8. Zombie
      Zombie
      Eh, slowly dying... and trying to come up with a new script to code and things to add to FLDS
    9. Zombie
    10. GlennBeforeTime
      GlennBeforeTime
      Sure thing Danno!
    11. GlennBeforeTime
      GlennBeforeTime
      Hey Dan,

I won't be able to get to Bendigo this time around (A lil too far to travel for 1 day) perhaps some time in March but who knows.
    12. hamster
      hamster
      Heh, I've got years to go :)
    13. GlennBeforeTime
      GlennBeforeTime
      Yeah mate, that's cool. I'll call ya.
    14. GlennBeforeTime
      GlennBeforeTime
      Ok. Give us an address and time :) I am on my P's so I wont be able to drink myself.
    15. hamster
      hamster
      You're one fast bugger eh Dan? :P Good job bro.
    16. GlennBeforeTime
      GlennBeforeTime
      Well... We'll just have to do something about that.

Want to catch up for a beer on the weekend?
    17. GlennBeforeTime
      GlennBeforeTime
      I would love to hear your accent :P

Sup Danny Boy!
    18. crosswinds
      crosswinds
      Hey Dan,

I reviewed your website and I have a few pointers/tips for you.

#1 - your costs for your shared hosting are too low. People will look at the $1.99 and $3.99 and think "hrm, cheap" and wonder what the problem is. I would go $3.99 / $5.99 / $8.99 - and remove resellers

I went the route of eliminating all tiers and went with 1 tier at one price. Yearly get a discount.

Resellers - we stopped offering them due to the cost to support.

Dedicated servers - good mix. 7 day deployment is harsh considering most of the "big guys" will turn it around in 1 hours. IF you can get a supplier to get you gear quickly, I would offer 2-3 business days after payment. Also, charge setup on the monthly, and remove it/give discount for yearly prepaid. Or look at reselling another providers systems and act as the service/support rep. Your turnaround would thus benefit from the bigger provider (like Serverbeach) and they get better/personal service from you and you both get the reliability of the bigger guys.

I'm no designer as the forums will attest to, but you might want to look at a more graphical/polished template. I do well with your site looking for substance. Most hosters aren't tho - they want the "ooooh" factor.

The goal is simplification and cost reduction. Paying out of pocket sucks - I did it for years.
    19. crosswinds
      crosswinds
      Dan,

I can understand why you lump me in with overselling scum, but I am not. Read my post HOW TO post, question me, anything. I have put a huge amount of time, money and effort in the past 1.5 years to do do CWahi up and to be attacked by others, including yourself, is frustrating to no end.

I am attempting to reprove something I started to do 11 years ago that I got screwed in doing and am leveraging my knowledge and experience in an attempt to do it right this time.

Tony
  • About

Birthday:
    Feb 12, 1971 (Age: 47)
    Home Page:
    http://www.vichost.com
    Customer Service Representative
    The best free host is:
    The one that is open the longest
    Twitter:
    danriordan
    Music (playing and listening) surfing the net, website hosting, boozin with me mates, me

Interact

Content:

Signature

[URL="http://www.danoriordan.com.au]Dan O'Riordan[/URL]
    Author of 'The Everyday Idiot's Guide to Web Hosting'.