• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. A

LIMITED - Special Thanksgiving offer

Hi Jan, Thanks. There's quite a few forums I'm looking back at lately now I have the time again - busy times. I'd forgotten you control traffic over here. :) Wow, 10.5 k posts. Even my best postcount elsewhere still leaves me 3k behind and I signed up here seven month before you!
  2. A

LIMITED - Special Thanksgiving offer

Happy Thanksgiving! akashik.net is a privately owned and funded web hosting business. Running at profit since inception we continue to build strong growth and maintain high customer retention levels over the past four years though careful planning and high levels of customer service...
  3. A

New Plan Rates and Features

To celebrate our successful move to our newer, faster servers, akashik.net is offering lower prices for our plans. We've also increase many of the features to make our services even more value for money than before. Feel free to check out our site today, and contact us at any time if you...
  4. A

How much does Webdesign prices vary?

of course you have to remember that a $100 000 to several million dollars for a site is a rare commodity. The sites themselves are very complex beasts, sometimes running across multiple servers, and backs by investors with more money than brains. (scape and boo.com as great examples). For...
  5. A

do coloured scrollbars look good?

I put colored scroll bars up there with blink tags. Just annoying gimmicky rubbish. People see the window as the website not the browser. Scrollbars are a part of the browser, and therefore should just stay as they are. I pity the day people are able to alter the browser color along with...
  6. A

look at this image

actually just right click the layer, select 'effects' and play with the drop shadow one. To do it manually duplicate the text layer, but change it to black text. Render the layer (if in photoshop), then use blur or gaussian blur. Place the black text layer behind the original text layer and...
  7. A

Has anyone tried addr.com

Long time ago I had an account with ADDR for about a week. After a ton of e-mail regarding getting my site set up, and not a single response I cancelled. Still no response and ended up having to send a very nasty e-mail to them mentioning my next move of contacting a lawyer regarding getting...
  8. A

grammar help?

I hear Mandarin Chinese is another tough one. Maybe that's just from english though. At least German, French etc all come from a latin root. Asian languages are a whole new ball game with no historical background at all. Personally I want to learn Thai so I have an idea of what my future...
  9. A

best reseller program?

saxmatt, you'd do a lot worse than to poke the link in Annette's signature. Hostmatters is probably the most professional collection of people I've has the pleasure of knowing. Annette, you owe me a twinkie *grin* In all seriousness though - they are the best - hands down. I'd happily...
  10. A

grammar help?

it is getting odd though. I've always used english this way: an honour a horror but in the past year or two I've heard newsreaders use things like: an horrific accident ... To me it sounds wrong (and makes it more difficult to pronounce), but I have to presume they are correct. I...
  11. A

i need help with my website...

album reviews, concert info, band biographies, discographies, links to official sites, major record label links, links to buying albums online. Umm, that's about all that pops into my head right now Greg Moore
  12. A

cookies: good or bad?

contrary to some people's opinions cookies aren't bad. They do nothing but store information for when you access a website. In fact they are good in some repects as they allow you to access things such as forums without having to log in everytime. How do you think a forums remembers you were...
  13. A

Cmod settings

I'll check to see how this looks. :D Imagine the 9 boxes look like this x x x x x x x x x x = the box you tick. The numbers are as follows... 777 x x x x x x x x x 755 x x x x x x x 766 x x x x x x x 666 x x x x x x (third row - no ticks) Greg Moore
  14. A

this forum

Most forums will set up the database for you. It's little more than uploading the files with the config set to the database (username, pass, database name). After that you just load the admin screen and fill in the boxes. I used to have boardpower up and running in under 10 minutes (used to...
  15. A

A place for my scripts

meow, First thing.... this is probably no help at all :D But in general the reason it's hard to find a remote host for cgi is that it can be pretty server intensive running scripts. As free hosts makes most of their money from ads and whatnot, they're giving up CPU power for no visible...
  16. A

Portland.co.uk

We've had a few people come over from Portland's servers with most having more than a few complaints about reliability. I've never used them so this is all second hand information naturally.. They don't appear to be the best though Greg Moore
  17. A

Help with sub-domains, please!

I'm generalizing here, but usually all it will take is an e-mail to support. As soon as they get the e-mail they should be able to set up up straight away. A few hours later you should have your sub-domain activated. I agree 48 hours is a pretty long wait for a reply to a support issue...
  18. A

Looking for a host....

how much space and data transfer do you need as well? The more information you can provide, the better the chance of being contacted by someone with the right offer :) Greg Moore
  19. A

Phpwebhosting are a pain

(877) 582-9093 Just put the country code infront of that as 1 and whatever your international number is there before that. eg: from here in Australia it would be 0011 1 877 582 90093 Hope it helps. Greg Moore
  20. A

Girls ?

I think it's just a computer thing... Hosting is the same. I can count the women hosts I know on one hand while the guys are everywhere... It's changing though (for the better I think). Greg Moore
Back