• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Phpwebhosting are a pain

Global Spider

Hi all

I setup an account about a week and a half ago with these people and I found out the next day I didn`t need their service so I posted as they say and waited...waited...waited...I`ve now posted from their home page 5 times and they haven`t bothered to respond at all, the account is still active and they have taken the first payment, I`m not using it at all as they don`t give very good url instructions either regarding accessing your cgi-bin from the browser, has any one else had problems with these and how can I get the account stopped as there isn`t an email address as I can see.

Yours a very unhappy Dean.

http://www.globalspiders.com

(877) 582-9093 whois record shows this to be their billing phone number so you might try that. their billing e-mail address also appears to be billing@ so if their form isn't working that's another option.

You should probably confirm with your CC company that the refund hasn't been made yet as sometimes it does take a few days to go through the hoops.

Hope that helps.

Greg Moore

This is mad, they still haven`t emailed me, I sent them an email as soon as you posted here :), FTP is still running and no refund as yet, it`s as if they aren`t there and the systems are running with no real person been around.

Dean

Back when I left them I just sent a message through the crap control panel to kill the account... They never replied but they never charged me again so it worked...

hehe,

well at least it appears they're not trying to rip people off, just being rude when someone goes elsewhere :)

Greg Moore

Still bugger all from them and the account is still active :( I feel like I`m giving a day to day account here, but if it helps others then why not.

Call them?

I highly recommend you just call them (www.dialpad.com). It will save a lot of hassle - although, from the sounds of things you might get some form of an automated system - and no 'real' human being. Hum...

Anyway, as mentioned by someone else - your whois record has the Billing # on it etc. (have a look at http://www.opensrs.org/whois and check your domain).

Caio,

moz.

I didn`t reg or transfer a domain with them, I was going to use them on a redirect at the time, I also have to watch calling them abroad as I don`t want to run up more cost on the phone bill, I feel stuck on this one, the bank says that they have to cancel as it was setup from the card, they just don`t seem to be alive, I know it sounds daft, but I`m getting no response from them at all.

Dean

Like I said...

Like I said... call them. It seems silly for you to run up more costs on plastic when a quick call could sort it out.

Also, it need not cost you to call them... http://www.dialpad.com

Good luck buddy,

moz.

(877) 582-9093

Just put the country code infront of that as 1 and whatever your international number is there before that. eg: from here in Australia it would be

0011 1 877 582 90093

Hope it helps.

Greg Moore

Well lastnight I was so fed up of all this that I used their frontpage again to leave a message, which was this.

Hi

This is now the 7th time I`ve been in touch with you this way and I`ve also sent an email and yet you don`t respond to any, will you shut my account down, I`ve had enough of this chasing you up, and return any monies taken, this is stupid and I will be spreading the word on forums about this.

today is 28/4/01

Guess what, an email has come in from them, and how long has it been, well heres the email.

This account was canceled 04/12/01 as per your request and $9.95 refunded to your credit card.

The reason you have not been receiving our emails is because you are using an email address assosciated with your domain and unless you have your domain transferred successfully to another host, all email to that domain will bounce.

This email is begin cc'd to the email address I found with your domain registration.

Best regards,

Nancy

What a load of crap, and the FTP is still active too, anyway it`s all done with now and I will Never go with these people again.

Thanks to all for their input on this thread. :)

Dean

Back