• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

A place for my scripts

meow

Rebutted, enshrined
NLC
I've been thinking. :confused: There is this freesql.org. I'm wondering if there is a CGI host, free or paid? A place where you can run your perl scripts from another server? A little like mycgiserver once was, only it doesn't need to provide any web space. I wouldn't mind paying (a little) if necessary.
Does such a place exist?

Originally posted by meow
I've been thinking. :confused: There is this freesql.org. I'm wondering if there is a CGI host, free or paid? A place where you can run your perl scripts from another server? A little like mycgiserver once was, only it doesn't need to provide any web space. I wouldn't mind paying (a little) if necessary.
Does such a place exist?
Where are you going to put the scripts then? I don't get the use of this, there a lot of good cgi webhosts out there, maybe you can just use them?

There are better hosts that don't have CGI. ;) I'm especially interested in discount-hosting.com that doesn't seem that bad after all.
mycgiserver was useful because they allowed you to link to the scripts from anywhere. The number of suitable free hosts, domain or not, gets much larger if you don't need the host to support CGI.

meow,

First thing.... this is probably no help at all :D But in general the reason it's hard to find a remote host for cgi is that it can be pretty server intensive running scripts. As free hosts makes most of their money from ads and whatnot, they're giving up CPU power for no visible gain. I'm quite sure there will be something somewhere, but I'd be spending a fair amount of time checking out terms of service pages first...

Greg Moore

Quating myself: "I wouldn't mind paying (a little) if necessary."
But thanks anyway ;)

Back