• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

cookies: good or bad?

contrary to some people's opinions cookies aren't bad. They do nothing but store information for when you access a website. In fact they are good in some repects as they allow you to access things such as forums without having to log in everytime. How do you think a forums remembers you were here a day ago *smile*

The only bad thing is the clutter up a folder or two on your hard drive. I personally clean mine out every now and then (maybe once a month or so), but for the most part couldn't care less that they are there :)

Greg Moore

:( cookies are bad because not everyone allows them so you can't rely on them in your code

:) cookies are good because I don't have to remember my password to add this message

swings and roundabouts

The only cookie I want is the cookie for this forum. Unfortunately, I can't block out all the other ones... :(

:) Newly baked, still warm cookies are good with cold milk
:( Too many and too much milk makes your tummy wanna burst. That's bad.

cookies really dont do anything and you can get a program to stop them if you want. all they do is tell sites that you have been there once but not that many sites have cookies.

I don't delete them because I don't want to screw up all the stuff I've read on these forums. But then again, they screw up by themselves.

Back