• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is going on with Valuablehost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Toefur,

We have not had any downtime on the new server, as you can see by this quote:

Toefur.com will be back in the land of the living very very soon!

I sincerely apologise for the downtime over the last few days, but it will hopefully not happen again. None of the links to the right currently work, so if you want something to do, please send me some hate mail!

Warm Regards,

- Toefur
- toefur@toefur.com

Regards,
HostEXP

Curses... it must be doing what it was doing the other day. Everyone can load my site except for me??

It's giving me a page cannot be displayed message. Guess it's my ISP or something :mad:

Ah, thanks man.

Reliability of FTP

Does anyone else feel that uploading to the new server via FTP is less than wholly reliable?

Sometimes I can manage to upload a couple of dozen or so files before it hangs, other times I can only manage one or two.

I have yet to have had an FTP session that I haven't had to restart at some point -- in fact, whilst writing this, FTP has hung three times whilst uploading seventy files.

I never had a problem with the old server - but this new one seems to be quite temperemental.

Hello,

What FTP client are you using? also i've upload 2-3 gig of clients files with no problems whatsoever. I will get a tech to look at the issue closely though.

Regards.
HostEXP

Hi HostEXP,

I'm using CuteFTP 4.2.2 (registered) on Windows 98SE.

As an aside, thanks to you or your colleagues for sorting out the lacking sub-domain issue I wrote to you about yesterday! Though only 4, not 8 (4 domains and 4 sub-domains) ?!?! ;)

Andrew Wood

Hm, I am using CuteFTP 4.2 as well, and FTP has worked fine for me.

ValuableHost - My site still won't load at all, and other people have said that it won't load either. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Edit: In the Control panel, I just turned the WWW Prefix off. Now I can load my site if I go to it, but not if the WWW is in it.

Could this be some sort of bug?

I'll re-add the WWW prefix and see if it works.

Edited Again: I added the WWW prefix again, and again NOTHING loads for me at all; even if I try with and without the www.

:confused: :confused:

Last edited:
Dear Woodster,

Sorry about the mistake with the domains, you can create 8 now.

Toefur your site is accessible with and without the "www" prefix, but please keep the "www" prefix ticked.

Regards,
HostEXP

Yes man, im having the same problem for the ftp, im using the cute ftp with registration code, leech and also ws ftp, all having the same problem, the connection sure hang each time i send or upload files, now even worse, i can connect to the ftp at my college, i dont know what wrong... i have to wait very long only i get connect to the server, btw... i wanna ask about here is, will there have another login page to visit the plesk login page? cause at my college here cant load the page, anyone know whats the problem?

Originally posted by Valuablehost
Dear Woodster, Sorry about the mistake with the domains, you can create 8 now.
Hey, no major problem - I really just needed the one, but many thanks all the same.

All I need now is for my V5 a/c greektvidents.com to be up and running on the new server (I've got loads of updating I want to get done!) -- then everything will be great for this customer!

Any time-frame ? :D

Andrew Wood

Am I on invisible mode?

I have emailed, ICQ'd, posted, triple checked everything and DQ'd (I got hungry while waiting) and still no account access.

I want my VH-1. I could have had a V-5.

dazed and confused,
carhops

and i need my answer, do anyway to login instead of going the link you send me? cause i cant load that page at my col.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back