• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is going on with Valuablehost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough is enough!
My site is really slooooooooooooooooooow now.

What's going on?
One of my user can't even access it... it has been like this for him for days.

Same here too - and just when I'd uploaded my site to the new server as well...

Interesting to note that the creation date for the site on the new server was 17th September...

Anybody contacted valuablehost about this latest downtime? Not that you'd get a response, but what the heck....

I'm just transferring over my files now and none of my cgi scripts are working. i get the following error:

[Mon Oct 1 23:03:18 2001] [error] [client 151.197.233.76] Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/counter5.net/cgi-bin/rand_text.pl
failed to open log file
fopen: Permission denied

Any ideas? My path for perl is correct.

Okay, since my files have not been transferred... I have a heap that I just backed up off the older server...

Theres a HEAP of files, as they are from my old message board... it is just not possible to upload them all. So, I need to upload a zip file...

I used to unzip zip files on my account by going through ssh program/telnet, and now I can't... Anybody... is there a way to do this?????? :confused:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Vargas
It doesn't even load now... so slooooooooooooooooooooooow that it's just unusable. Even simple HTML!!!
Yep, last night was unbearable 8(

I will say, though, that when it does work, it fair flies - it certainly does this morning (8am here in Greece)

Andrew Wood

Hello,

everything should be fine now, we host a political organization who was hacked last night. I mean hacking is not going to solve anyones problem, when will these people stop :( Also we were only contacted once by a message from 'dave' but we had already picked up the problem.

Last edited:
i'm still at a dead end with my cgi scripts so i'll ask again. has anyone seen this cgi error?

failed to open log file

is there anyone else that is still having problems getting cgi and perl scripts working on the new server?

is /usr/bin/perl the correct path for perl? i just want to verify. thanks!

Send a e-mail to support@valuablehost.com..

Regards,
HostEXP

Originally posted by AgentUSA
i'm still at a dead end with my cgi scripts so i'll ask again. has anyone seen this cgi error?

failed to open log file

is there anyone else that is still having problems getting cgi and perl scripts working on the new server?

is /usr/bin/perl the correct path for perl? i just want to verify. thanks!

Well after two weeks I finally received my dbase. It was supposed to be transfered to the website, but instaed it was mailed to me--it is a *.sql file. I have zero idea what I should do with it. I suppose I have to integrate the old information (from the *.sql file) into my new and empty dbase. Can someone tell me what to do--or provide me with a link. I have already uploaded the old Vbulletin files. I'm assuming once I fix the current dbase problem--everything will be back to normal--hopefully :confused: Any help greatly appreciated. TIA

More problems...

As of 23:00 EEST -- a message from Support

Dear Andrew,
We are monitoring the situation, your sites should be up shortly. Someone is
running DOS attacks on the server, this seems to be a continuation of
yesterdays hack-a-ttacks.
Thanks for your e-mail.

Hello,

Everything is resolved, the issue ran for 30-45 minutes, whoever is running these attacks we are going to find you and trust me we will take action.

Kindest Regards,
HostEXP

I think I've had it with valuablehost. Can somebody else recommend an alternative web hosting service that has similar features (I had valuable-2)--and yes I'd be willing to pay more, but not a lot more. TIA

My site is fine now. And fast. I hope we won't get anymore of these troubles.

I hope you mean taking "legal" action by saying you will take action.

HostEXP,
I signed up a month ago, then recieved my welcome email last thrusday. But I don't think my account was created because I can't login and my domain doesn't work. Please help!
I also sent you an email last friday to admin@ named "Help with account" and another one today to support named "Help! Please!".

Thanks,
Satelk

What can I do ????

On September 1,2001 I paid for the 200mb package.

I bought http://www.utopialake.org/ to use there.

Its now into October. I still have nothing usable.(yes..nameservers are steered right)

The next to last email recieved from support asks me for my domain name transaction number. I sent them 'screen shots' of such and various other information such as my birth certificate and drivers license.

I had prior sent back to support my original email recieved with signup with all the info one receives originally by email.(user name,password,etc.) I sent the copy of my transaction with the paypal services.

Now...I got an email asking me to send information again in ENGLISH. (with wrong spelling)

PLEASE? I always try to be a nice person.What more can I do?

I also note I never received any of the server change notices by email but this is not my argument..email sometimes does get lost.

ok..is this complicated? I paid for the 200mb plan. I bought a domain http://utopialake.org/

Its steered to proper nameservers.(now .net vs. .com )

I have all copies of payment transactions and all that stuff.

Now all I get is an email asking for to write in English.

-- ooops

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Now all I get is an email asking for to me to write in English....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back