• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is going on with Valuablehost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macfan

I joined Valuablehost last month because I read some good things about them on the forums and they are affordable. But I found out their support is NOT good. I sent them about 10 e-mails and most of them stay unanswered.

I don't want to flame Valuablehost but I am disappointed in their service. I think they're very busy with the server move right now, but that should not be a reason to keep your customers waiting, should it?

My site displays a PLESK default page for more than a day now. :confused:
I asked Valuablehost how to get rid of it, but... no answer. I hope everything will get back to normal soon and their support will improve.

Marco

Well, my first "unanswered" e-mail was sent in August. I think it has nothing to do with the server change. If the support problems are due to the server change, the least Valuablehost could do is inform us that their support will not be available for a while, then we would know what is going on.

Marco

I also sent an e-mail to them yesterday afternoon (EST) and went to bed expecting they'd fix it during Australia daylight hours, but they still have not moved it.

I guess something is wrong here, since there are more people complaining about the Valuablehost service. Maybe HostEXP can explain things?

Are there other Valuablehost client sites that show the PLESK default page instead of their own?

Marco

I think they are switching from one control panel to another, right? If so, I dont envy them. It's been hard enough for us moving things from one machine to another with just an upgrade of our current control panel. Since the major control panels all operate so differently, I would imagine it is a major nightmare trying to convert existing clients. It's not something that I would want to go through..

Err, Bigperm, about your sig....Islam is a religion, not a people. The idea sounds pretty good though....the women would come to realize just how ignorant and stupid their men are, and would begin to fight for their rights in these countries and start making some changes..

Last edited:
I think they are switching from one control panel to another

Yes, I believe they are. But it would have been nice to know that my site is unaccessible for two days or more. Then I had a chance to warn my visitors that my site was going down for a while.

I was going to move my site to valuablehost.com last Thursday, but I read a few of Hostexp’s comments in the Webhostingtalk Lounge Forum in a closed thread titled “Terrible plane crash in New York.” Although he retracted (edited) one of the most inflammatory posts, a few gems still remain:

“Well what goes around comes around. It had to happen sometime, i guess Bush wasn't so prepared.”

“Yes i am, when iraqis where bombed and killed i remember everyone watching it on televisions like it was a movie, i careless about what happened today.”

”I have servers in Pennslyvania, i haven't seen Jbiz718 online... Hopefully nothing happened to my servers!”

Under no circumstances, would I ever give valuablehost.com a cent.

Well that's definitly a bad viewpoint...however, we should have been expecting something like this and have been better prepared for it.

And let's look at the viewpoint "We had it coming."
.........to a military installation maybe, but not businesses with innocent people in them, especially not this grand of a scale. That's where the fault lies. I am not concerned so much about the Pentagon, it is a military installation. The people that work there do so knowing a nuke could drop on them at any day.

But not the people at the WTC. This act of terrorism killed more than any action we have commited in the middle east. It killed more lives than the entire gulf war did. So did we have it coming? Of course! As the most powerful and riches nation in the world which is forced to police the world in order to protect it's own interests world wide, it's to be expected. But not on this grand of a scale. We nuked Japan (TWICE!) for less than this. This is far worse because they took out civilan installations...Pearl Harbor was a military installation.

I dont want to nuke them. Why? Because guess who's taxes will go towards rebuilding their country? On the other hand, if you dont, then you will have the next generation of terrorists saying "Destroy America! They killed my Grandfather!" (someone in ladins group). I dont know, no matter what we do or dont do, it all has it's negatives.

Originally posted by Webdude
then you will have the next generation of terrorists saying "Destroy America! They killed my Grandfather!" (someone in ladins group). I dont know, no matter what we do or dont do, it all has it's negatives.
If we do anything that kills civilians that are not involved, things are bound to happen anyway. What we should do is get some hard evidence of bin Laden plotting to attack the WTC or something that has real ties to bin Laden from data collected at the residences of the hijackers and material witnesses...we can't send operatives into Afghanistan...way too risky.

Meh... Personally I agree with Valuablehosts viewpoint on that matter, but regardless of that fact... It has got nothing to do with his business; so I think it's a moot point.

However, I have been patient so far, but PLEASE ValuableHost, hurry things up a little... My site has now been down for about 3 days, and I am worried if it is not back up soon, my traffic will go elsewhere! (As may your clients :( )

These are his opinions and you should respect them, now back to what this thread was about.

Valuablehost obviously has a massive work load and since he works on his own hes going to get snowed under. I'm sure when the server move is complete he'll get back on top of things.

Hello,

Please note views on WTC have nothing to do with business, also they were retracted as i felt they were in the wrong taste. Also i have contracted the rest of the move to Intenseinfo.com.. Joe should be posting here soon... I also did offer condolences and donated to the cause. Any loss of life is regarded a sad and terrible day, no matter what nationallity or religion they are of.

Sorry for the Inconvenience,

Regards,
HostEXP

P:S. Sorry for some e-mails not being answered but as Technics said, vhost is currently recieving 500 e-mails per day, most of them are clients sending multiple emails. BTW which e-mail was not answered in August?

Help

Help....

Well our client Valuablehost has contacted us about the move, and we have now stepped in to assist on the matter.

We will be heading up the move now, and will be handling the account maintence to get the move done. We are expecting that by the End of Thursday CST it should be completed.

Our role is simply to assist our client. They have done a great job so far, and now just need a little assitance to better there clients for tommorow....

Overall just so everyone knows, please do not email my company because we will not respond to any matters concerning this. If you need assistance contact Valuablehost. We are simply acting as a third party in this.

We hope this helps give there clients some reassurance that the move will be done asap.

Joe

The forums where shutdown until after the move. Also

Please do not contact Intenseinfo regarding to move or contact us with "multiple" e-mails, you will recieve a e-mail when your account has been moved.

Also the reason why the move didn't go as planned from the begining was that i had hired some programmers from NY to plan and move the accounts, they never showed up and i paid them before hand. Joe has a reputable company which i trust i have now handed the contract to them.

Again sorry for the inconvenience,

Regards,
ValuableHost

Last edited:
What compensation (per your email) will we receive? I have lost some extremely crucial time for my website and I am hoping my fantasy basketball draft can get done now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back