• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is going on with Valuablehost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.K. I have changed my signature to make it more realistic and to be more current.

Anyway, that is just the perldiver.cgi.

How come my info.cgi does not run either. What I also really need is the path for my scripts.

Can you show me how to make the script work. It works before on the old server and I also have CHMOD it to 755 but the info.cgi still does not run. Any idea?

Hello,

Thank you for changing your signature i appreciate it. Also make sure the path to perl in the script is /usr/bin/perl also cgi scripts only work in the cgi-bin.

Regards,
HostEXP

Yes, the info.cgi script is in the cgi-bin folder and also it starts with:

#!/usr/bin/perl

And I chmod it to 755, how come it does not work?

HostEXP,

I have transfer my files to the new server my self, you no need to transfer for me, if you transfer it now only will over write my exiting files, so just ignore the mail i send you, now my problem is where do i can found the option to create sub domain?

Vince

Question for HostEXP

After changing the nameservers to the .net address as instructed -- resulting in the default Plesk screen -- I changed them back to the .com addresses so that my site would still be accessible via the old server.

My question is -- will this affect the transfer in any way? Will my V5 a/c files ( http://www.greektvidents.com ) be transferred to the new server okay such that when it's all done I will hopefully receive an email notification with my details (and not someone else's like earlier today) then I can just change the nameserver addresses to point to the new server? (Which would have seemed the more sensible approach to have taken to all this.)

Many thanks, Andrew Wood

Originally posted by Valuablehost
No it wouldn't cause a problem, maybe a slight difficulty with moving the files, but we can always get around it.

Regards,
HostEXP
Well, I must admit it's got to the stage now where I don't really care whether the files have been transferred or not! I think (possibly like many people) I would rather just have the site's framework set-up along with access to ftp, such that I can take it from there and move all the files myself.

But anyway, thanks for your reply!

Like what i said last post, ftp to the old DNS, then this wont waste ur time by waiting the change, and if you know how to TAR all the files, then this will easy you to moving all ur files, cause we are in the unix server, correct me if im wrong.

Can someone help me please?? I don't know much at all about Telnet. I dumped my database but now it is in a directory I can't FTP to. I tried copying it into siteroot into Telnet, but I get permission denied.

So I've got db.sql sitting in the initial Telnet directory, but I don't know how to get to it. Anybody know?

Another concern...

HOSTexp - when I had the V5-plan domain greektvidents.com pointing to the .net nameservers, I noted that the IP number was the same as for the V3-plan tvidworld.com IP number (also on the new server).

Can you confirm that V5-plans will have unique IPs and that they will be included as part of the details sent to us?

Did anyone have problem with .cgi scripts? If you have a perldiver.cgi or info.cgi scripts, did those scripts work for you?

I have tried to get these 2 simple scripts to work but I could not do it. I have CHMOD it to 755, and upload it using ASCII but they still don't work. I just don't know why.

Any ideas?

Anybody know how to get at our old databases? I made a dump, but it is above siteroot so I don't know how to access it. Is there a way to get at the dump?

Originally posted by curiousity
Did anyone have problem with .cgi scripts? If you have a perldiver.cgi or info.cgi scripts, did those scripts work for you?
I had no problems at all with perldiver.cgi -- I just downloaded it, unzipped it, uploaded it to the cgi-bin, CHMOD 755 and it worked perfectly fine. That was on a V3 plan on the new server (if that makes a difference!).

I'd try info.cgi but where can I get hold of it?

Last edited:
Hello, I am glad to find this thread.

I am searching for V-1 carhops.com account details, however, I have only a 10 day old 404 to trade. I am envious of those who have a Plesk placecardholder or default page.

Hangin' in there,
carhops

Originally posted by Woodster
it worked perfectly fine.
Well, it did -- but now the site (on the new server) is now inaccessible.

It's like old times (but without having much in the way of new ones...!)

Andrew Wood

Hanging on in there (too)....

... and it's back! Phew!

(Sorry carhops, I nicked your sig there for a mo!)

Last edited:
I have my dump file now, but the PHPMyAdmin tool hang when I try to upload it. Is there any other way I can get it up?

What is with the new server?? Every time I use crypt() I get a different result even with the same password. How am I going to convert my passwords in the database that all begin with 'i3' and were generated with crypt()?? It used to be all the same.

Yo man... i have all my stuff back... anyway... still have some question about it, after i create the sub domain, where should i ftp to upload the files to the sub domain that i create?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back