• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is going on with Valuablehost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What is the status of moving the dbases

Originally posted by JasonB
What is the status of moving the dbases over? Magik2k did you get everything working yet?

www.ottawameds.com

yea I'm up and running. To get the DB, I didn't know what to do so I used the old telnet server and turned the log on and had it spit out the dump. It is definitely not a good way to do it, but I'm up now.

Originally posted by Valuablehost
lol, i mentioned it when there was 3-4 threads but no one listened to me :( anyway i'm not answering any more posts here, so please e-mail admin@valuablehost.com.
Trouble is admin, we can't be assured of a reply. You should have received my emails yesterday to both support@ and admin@ addresses from either asa@asanet.co.uk or email@asahicks.fsnet.co.uk asking about when the V5 account is being set up.

Echoing the question from Woodster, is there a time frame for creating those accounts and emailing us with the details?

Regards, Asa

Originally posted by Vargas
I finally find out what was my problem.
There are no solutions. It seems like the new server is using a different version of the DBM database module:

http://forums.ikonboard.com/ikonboard.cgi?s=3bb4ed131bd2ffff;act=ST;f=13;t=2086;st=0

That means one thing:
Everyone who was running an iB3 on ValuableHost's old server will have to do a fresh install.

Life is a bitch, live with it!

That really pisses me off! b/c I've been waiting for along time for a response. NONE of my emails concerning dbases were answered--wonder why. Anybody else know of a web hosting service that offers (and delivers) the same service for around the same price? Just curious :confused:

Last edited:
Vargas,

I will install the old version of the DBM module which is on the old server.

Also Asa, we have recieved your e-mail, you will get a reply shortly.

Jason you will also get a reply, its just that we are still moving files and patching the server for optimal performance.

Regards,
HostEXP
Originally posted by Vargas
I finally find out what was my problem.
There are no solutions. It seems like the new server is using a different version of the DBM database module:
http://forums.ikonboard.com/ikonboard.cgi?s=3bb4ed131bd2ffff;act=ST;f=13;t=2086;st=0

That means one thing:
Everyone who was running an iB3 on ValuableHost's old server will have to do a fresh install.

Life is a bitch, live with it!

No need to install the old DBM for me, I already did a fresh install, users have registered on my forums, and I don't have anymore time to waste with this issue.

Don't downgrade DBM, because my new forums might not work with the old version.

I just don't want to play yo-yo with my users.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm???

I'm getting old reading all these threads.

I left free webhosts for tacidblue/tacidhost. Next HostYard.Now Valuablehost.

I paid for one 200mb site.I logged into plesk and it says 100mb.Otherwise theres nothing there except my user info and password and a list of priviledges I now have.(100mb..1gb transfer for the 200mb plan) I've tried to ftp with no luck.All I get is PERMISSION DENIED. The top level directory changed to /httpdocs ???? hey...why not somebody tell me??? As to my previous files/site I have no idea where it is.(gone I assume)

As to emails my story is the same as this thread.

I have a friend who also bought a 200mb site.He never even got one email about server changes.He can log into plesk and his plan says UNLIMITED.The whole list says UNLIMITED.On his info it notes NO SUB-DIRECTORIES ALLOWED.He can't ftp either.

===== (vs.my 200mb going to 100mb,etc.)

When I get a notice of server changes upcoming I don't waste my time with a site until changes are over.Now how long does that give me a useless site? When did the first word of server changes go out? Date now?

I hate to start getting negative(again?) but maybe all the economy hosts know they are going to be down 99% of time and collect revenue for new servers to become a luxury webhost? (with a new name/address)

It would nice to have the bulletin board so the discussion could be there vs. here.

If this is what is involved with server changes maybe a place should not be in business if it can't do it fast and right? I'm not snibbling about days but WEEKS.

o..I have a site on worldzonepro. 2 server moves this year.I've stayed away 2 months now and it seems things still not working right and staff seems like they are on vacation.

-- ps...

I did just ftp up an index.html page using /httpdocs as directory.I might have guessed that but something so simple for me mr.simple...why not tell me new ftp recipe?

hmm, zz6 or "internet terminal". You sent a e-mail a few hours and it was answered in full, we dont have any records when you sent a e-mail and it wasn't answered. Also notification of the transfer was sent to all clients. Also your files are on the new server, more information in the e-mail sent to you.

Regards,
HostEXP

Last edited:
FTP problems - a possible solution?

I mentioned previously that I was having problems with FTP stalling during transfers.

Well, since then, I've set all up/downloads to be done in passive (PASV) mode and that appears to have helped quite a bit.

I don't know if this will be of help to anyone else, but I thought I'd pass it on!

Andrew Wood

cgi problems?

Anyone else having cgi problems? The VH people transfered my files from the old server, but my Greymatter files won't work (Greymatter is a cgi journal script thing). I chmoded the files, but that didn't work. I keep getting the 500 Internal Server Error message. Help!

Silly question, but have you gone through the scripts and updated all the file paths where necessary? The directory structure is different to the old server. (And I'm not looking forward to changing all my scripts either...!)

Originally posted by Woodster
Silly question, but have you gone through the scripts and updated all the file paths where necessary? The directory structure is different to the old server. (And I'm not looking forward to changing all my scripts either...!)

Ahh dammit! I knew I forgot something! Thanks for the help!

Umm, you wouldn't happen to know what the path to Perl and everything else is, would you? :)

Last edited:
One of my user told me that he wasn't able to access my site for 2 days? It was working for me yesterday, but I checked my site today and "Can't find server". But I can FTP in...

What's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back