• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

KelmHosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If 24 / 7 support is virtually impossible. Tera-byte say they provide it but it can take 24 hours to get a response. It's a marketing tool that not many people take notice of. Just makes people think the company isnt a one man operation.

Unless they have dozens of employees and one batch works during the day for 12 hours answering phone calls while the next works during the night answering phone calls for twelve hours. But how many hosts could do that? Not to many.

This 24/7 thing is yet again another marketing probe.

Its not fully impossible, their is software which make up for it. When you recieve an support + sales ticket or email, it will ring an bell, which will wake you up. Therefore you can reply in an timely manner and it is 24/7 support :)
Originally posted by Technics
If 24 / 7 support is virtually impossible. Tera-byte say they provide it but it can take 24 hours to get a response. It's a marketing tool that not many people take notice of. Just makes people think the company isnt a one man operation.

I feel secure with *REAL HOSTS* which are:

Hosts that have a real office, not from someone's home...
Hosts with real staff, professionals who have been through life (adults) with a knowledgeable background.
Hosts who know what they are doing.
Toll Free support is a must.
Hosts that I can hold liable for legal issues.

You i belive Synenergy posted at my forums.. I am only providing support and semi-manging the server.. The nice thing is ounce you complete the order form your account is auto setup up!
My parents are taking a role in this.. therfor handinling all the things...

"Real Hosts" = I don't like people who discriminate against people who are minors, You gotta understand that just because I'm a kid I don't know anything.. well you're wrong I do know alot of things that is because i've taken cobalt courses before! I know alot about cobalts..

Is there such thing as cobalt courses? hmmm... never heard of them. Cobalt is just an brand of server, why would the run courses about the brand? Please clarify.
Originally posted by Fox
You i belive Synenergy posted at my forums.. I am only providing support and semi-manging the server.. The nice thing is ounce you complete the order form your account is auto setup up!
My parents are taking a role in this.. therfor handinling all the things...

"Real Hosts" = I don't like people who discriminate against people who are minors, You gotta understand that just because I'm a kid I don't know anything.. well you're wrong I do know alot of things that is because i've taken cobalt courses before! I know alot about cobalts..

You take Cobalt Courses? Why and where? And how can you teach someone your age the complexity of how servers work? Not even I understand it.

My local college runs a cobalt course ... It's only for beginners though how to use basic functions.

The rest is done through trial and error but i do think sun has a course you can do but you'll have to check there site for more information and if i remember correctly it is certianly not cheap.

Oh ok, so they do run cobalt courses. I just never thought they would be called cobalt courses :( aghh stupid me. Yes i was wondering that as well, don't they have age limits? or is it correspondence?
My local college runs a cobalt course ... It's only for beginners though how to use basic functions.

The rest is done through trial and error but i do think sun has a course you can do but you'll have to check there site for more information and if i remember correctly it is certianly not cheap.

Don;t think there is an age limit. I personally wouldnt do a course in cobalt as id rather learn from experience it's the best way todo things.

Some helpful sites are http://raqzone.com .... some helpful tips on how todo basic and advanced stuff and then theres the cobalt webrin which is also very useful. I'm also on the cobalt mailing list so pick up a lot of tips and tricks there.

Oh ok, never used an cobalt myself, used to good ole' dedicated linux!
Don;t think there is an age limit. I personally wouldnt do a course in cobalt as id rather learn from experience it's the best way todo things.

Some helpful sites are http://raqzone.com .... some helpful tips on how todo basic and advanced stuff and then theres the cobalt webrin which is also very useful. I'm also on the cobalt mailing list so pick up a lot of tips and tricks there.

Good ole linux has little problems where as a cobalt always runs into problems and it's fun to try and fix them. Most the time i screw up more and have to get the tera-byte techs to fix it though :D

Hehe, i hope you don't do that to often, i think the tera-byte techs would be having an stressful time, hehehe. Thats why i like linux, less problems! More time to spend answering support emails, especially those newbie ones. "how do i setup an email account". Hehe gotta love em!
Good ole linux has little problems where as a cobalt always runs into problems and it's fun to try and fix them. Most the time i screw up more and have to get the tera-byte techs to fix it though :D

Them tech's at tera-byte do not come cheap $50 an hour im sure steve keyser and his accountant love it when i screw up :). I've only had to pay them once but once is enough lol.

I do like my cobalt though :) .... If anyone needs a cobalt trasher im for hire :D

ROFL!, i'm sure you'll find alot of people here who need an cobalt trasher!
Them tech's at tera-byte do not come cheap $50 an hour im sure steve keyser and his accountant love it when i screw up :). I've only had to pay them once but once is enough lol.

I do like my cobalt though :) .... If anyone needs a cobalt trasher im for hire :D

Sorry to offend you Fox, but I wish you the best of your business. And its good to hear that your parents are taking role in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back