• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

XSIS HOSTING Server Issues and Outages

Status
Not open for further replies.

[ih]Demetris

Dear Valuable XSIS HOSTING Customers,

This month has been with out a doubt our roughest month since our launch. We have faced DNS (Bind) configuration issues as well as well as SPAMMERS, RAM replacement. And as of late kernel panics. We have successfully repaired the dns issues on the server and taken extra measures to negate the SPAMMERS as well. Our last hurdle is resolving the kernel panic issue that we are having.

According to the server logs the cause of this panic is hardware related, we have notified our datacenter and are scheduled to undergo massive hardware replacement within the next 24 - 48 hours. We will notify all clients via email when this is to occur and also when this replacement has been completed.

We understand the vital importance of uptime and we to are affected by these problems as you. We wanted to let our customers know that we are actively working on this issue and hope to get it resolved as soon as possible. If you have any questions about anything please feel free to contact me via email at demetris@xsishost.com. Thanks for your continued support and loyalty to XSIS HOSTING!

Regards,

Demetris Gray
Owner / Operator

best of luck getting all of the 'fun stuff' sorted out. Its not cake walk being a hosting provider thats for sure.

The honesty is the best strategy probably, the most important thing for me is to see that the host is trying to fix the issue and keeps me informed. Good luck!

Agreed.

I've had a very positive experience with XSIS due to their honest and mature stature, as well as their premium service :)

Thanks for the support guys I really appreciate it! :) On a more positive note, the hardware replacement has been completed as of this morning. I am in the mist of emailing all of our clients to inform them of this as well. If you find anything that doesnt seem to work quite the way it should..as usual please dont hesistate to contact me so that we can get everything ironed out. Again thanks for your support and patience!

Regards,

Demetris Gray
Owner / Operator

Demetris it's good you simply come clean and let folks know any way you can.

Good luck on getting everything back to 100% ;) - we both know that will never happen but it's a nice thought as it's always 99. whatever LOL

Ok another update :) we did have additional downtime. However this was due to a corrupt boot file...and of course with a corrupt boot file it will not boot. However we have corrected that issue as well. It was not a network error as we initially suspected. However we got it together!

I'm glad you were able to satisfy your customers and stay calm with this issues, good job. :)

Yeah it's down for me also. However the guy in this thread seems to be an upfront and genuine person. Hopefully he will enlighten us on the issue at hand. I hope they get their servers back up and running. :)

yea this looks grimm weve been down for 48 hours and no answers back yet
but I still have high hopes, XSIS has been outstanding on the support and has personally bent over backwards for me,,,but demetri usually offers support through MSN/Hotmail but hes kinda fallen off the map the past month (aka not signed in to MSN) his support email isnt working cuz the servers down i tried emailing him through MSN
and this was the result

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

xsis-support@hotmail.com

I hope I get an answer back soon cuz my members are like a pack of hungry wolves right now.

I don't think he's doing too well right now. I've been pretty close with him the last year. I'm not going to say anything else because I respect him... I am also not trying to drive his customers away, but hope is slim that he will be back...

my god!!! where is he!!! the sites has been down for such a long time!! im a reseller and my clients are killing me!! he isnt even on MSN...everything is dead...

ive been with him since he started xsishost...had no problems at all...dont know what happend suddenly!! he didnt even warn!!!

whats his cell no.?? any one tried calling him??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back