• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What Religion Are you?

What religion are you?

• Christian

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Budhist

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Muslim

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Pagan

• Atheist (Not a 'religion' but whatever)

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Agnostic (as above)

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Jewish

• Jedi

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Hinduism

• Other

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Toefur
Some interesting info...
(From http://www.religioustolerance.org/worldrel.htm)

(The numbers represent how many people supposedly belong to that religion).

Christianity 2,015 million (dropping)
Islam 1,215 million (growing)
No religion 925 million (dropping)
Hinduism 786 million (stable)
Buddhism 362 million (stable)
Atheists 211 million
Chinese folk rel - 188 million
New Asian rel. - 106 million
Tribal Religions Prehistory - 91 million
Other Various - 19 million
Sikhism - 16 million
Judaism - 18 million
Shamanists Prehistory - 12 million
Spiritism - 7 million
Confucianism - 5 million
Baha'i Faith - 4 million
Jainism - 3 million
Shinto - 3 million
Zoroastrianism - 0.2 million

I think it is important to note things like, for example, how many people label themselves Christian, and how many actually have a firm belief of Christianity.

For example, there are all those people that are like, "Yeah, I suppose I am Christian". The ones that say, "I was brought up with it, I dont know anything about it, but I dont care, so I will just say I am christian".

If you take people like this into account, and I have talked with many dedicated Christians about this who agree with me, that you would then actually only have perhaps a few hundred million Christians, instead of the supposed 2 billion.

I am not sure about the validity of these statistics, as I am quite sure there would be more than 211 million Atheists in the world; and I was quite certain there were more Budhists than mentioned above.

However, I suppose it is a good basic outline.

I don't the no religion category is supposed to be dropping... atheism has grown exponentially in the US alone.

Originally posted by syd
Perhaps wealth and material goods have a huge impact on your need for a spiritual belief? I'm sure it does. Any studies on that?
Atheists and Christians, and, in fact, the Christians that are secular are contradicting what the church had allowed [before the European Enlightenment (Voltaire, etc.)]. Atheists also include Buddhists [Indian/Burmese (ABBA)], so I voted for Atheism, and since I am a secular and not spirtual, it also reinforces my vote.

i believe in a 'god' of some sort but religion is something created by man and therefore flawed. Technically i guess i am a Mormon because i was born into it and went until i was allowed to decide if i wanted to go or not. interesting thing is that the mormons don't beleive in hell, but 3 levels of heaven.

I was born Catholic into a not practicing family, and what made me go atheist was the never-ending contradictions in the bible, the inability to prove god and corruption in the entire structure of the church.

I will never be a part of any organized religion. I guess if I had to choose Christian would be the choice. But that's not saying I believe in Christ.

I'm not Atheist either. I believe in a God or something. But I also believe in Science.

The teachings of religion are important. Like the commandments. But reading a book about made up people and stuff they did is not appeling to me. Reading stories about morals and how people should live their life responsibly is important.

But I don't care what people believe in. What ever keeps em going. Here are the lyrics to a song which pretty much sums me up:

Wait for me if I don't show up
Take from me this hypocrite's cup
And somewhere around the world
Someone would love to have my first world problems
Kill the moon, turn out the sun
Lock your door and load your gun
Free at last, yeah the time has come
To choose

Man makes God so God can make man
Man makes the devil so that he can understand
Why it is that everyday
Everything always turns out this way
You and me we were never here
You and me we were not that clear
You and me we died a long, long time ago

Don't think just come along
I do believe that it won't be long
And everything's open all night and all day anyway
Build me a ship of wood and steel
Bring me a net and a fishing reel
Sail me to the place where I can find my brother
Sleeping sound
Wait for me if I don't show up
Take from me this hypocrite's cup
And kill the moon, turn out the sun
Omissions of the omen

Flying, slowly
I'm flying
I'm flying
I'm flying
I'm flying through the wind

Originally posted by jason
i believe in a 'god' of some sort but religion is something created by man and therefore flawed. Technically i guess i am a Mormon because i was born into it and went until i was allowed to decide if i wanted to go or not. interesting thing is that the mormons don't beleive in hell, but 3 levels of heaven.

I have a friend whos family is mormon. It seems very restricting. He cant date till he's 18, and isnt allowed to take sex ed or watch movies that are rated over pg or pg-13. at least not when his parents are home.

I'm currently in charge of three different religons with a small group of followers (12 at last count), although we don't get 'official' religon status until we reach 150 or so followers I think... I'll have to keep working on it. :)

Originally posted by Gayowulf

I have a friend whos family is mormon. It seems very restricting. He cant date till he's 18, and isnt allowed to take sex ed or watch movies that are rated over pg or pg-13. at least not when his parents are home.

It is pretty restrictive, your not even supposed to drink cola or caffine. but its not like everyone followed the rules. i saw them as well meaning rules that don't work out in real life.

I've never heard of not being allowed to take sex ed but i suppose some are more restrictiive than others. at the age of 15 i got a job and no longer had to go. i didn't like the people there so i never went much after that. never really much point to it, i don't need some preacher man to be spiritual.

Originally posted by keith
a republican athiest??

30% of atheists/agnostics voting voted for Bush last election, it isn't that uncommon.

And bigperm, the only contradiction is you wrapped in your own bull crap of fantasy. Communist dreams that are unrealistic. I am not a leftist because I don't think that way, even if I was religious or not.

Last edited:
I was born and raised Catholic, my wife was anglican, and then went on to Mormon ( AKA Moron ). However, she woke out of that nightmare. I did as well, I don't perticularly believe in a "God". I believe in a collective energy that we are all a part of. I don't want any part of a religion where you have to worship anything, I think that is completely wrong. People only believe in a God, because they are affraid of what will happen to them when they die, and they need ways to explain what happens in life. Thats how religion started way back in the day when people were living in caves. They needed ways to explain things and they made up stories. But seriously, If im going to believe in some dude that came to life 2000 years ago and did all this cool shit then died, I have just as much chance in believing that David Coresh ( Sp? ) or that heavens gate dude is god as well. Its a bunch of BULL POOP. He could have been a messenger, sure, he could have had special abilities, sure, I have no problem believing that. But I will not put my faith in something I feel does not exist. No man or women should put there faith in something like that. And if I end up going to heaven and they say "Hey Buddy you missed church and smoked to much weed, your going to hell", than fine. I don't want to be a part of any religion that tells me what I can and can not do or believe in. I have my own free will, and my own concious. I know right from wrong, and most of all, I do what I feel is right, and not what I feel is wrong.

Well, that was long enough, I am actually righting a book on stuff like this, thats why I was babbleing on and on and on....

BTW: If your mormon and you stop going to church, they hunt you down and bother you about it. Its rather annoying, and I have had to deal with them coming to my door. I had no choice but to be rather rude to them as they would not go away. Also, your not supposed to talk or assosiate with people that are not mormon. Of course this is all arguable as different mormon churches are different but I think of it as a cult just as I believe the Church of Sientology is a cult ( http://www.clambake.org ).

Originally posted by evilhaze
I was born and raised Catholic, my wife was anglican, and then went on to Mormon ( AKA Moron ). However, she woke out of that nightmare. I did as well, I don't perticularly believe in a "God". I believe in a collective energy that we are all a part of. I don't want any part of a religion where you have to worship anything, I think that is completely wrong. People only believe in a God, because they are affraid of what will happen to them when they die, and they need ways to explain what happens in life. Thats how religion started way back in the day when people were living in caves. They needed ways to explain things and they made up stories. But seriously, If im going to believe in some dude that came to life 2000 years ago and did all this cool shit then died, I have just as much chance in believing that David Coresh ( Sp? ) or that heavens gate dude is god as well. Its a bunch of BULL POOP. He could have been a messenger, sure, he could have had special abilities, sure, I have no problem believing that. But I will not put my faith in something I feel does not exist. No man or women should put there faith in something like that. And if I end up going to heaven and they say "Hey Buddy you missed church and smoked to much weed, your going to hell", than fine. I don't want to be a part of any religion that tells me what I can and can not do or believe in. I have my own free will, and my own concious. I know right from wrong, and most of all, I do what I feel is right, and not what I feel is wrong.

Well, that was long enough, I am actually righting a book on stuff like this, thats why I was babbleing on and on and on....

Well said, indeed!!!

I think, the main problem with religions such as Christianity, is that it takes away all meaning from life.

Also that, and the fact that it doesn't tell you to lead a good life. The only prerequisite for being a Christian is that you accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, and believe in God and his shit.

It tells people that instead of TRYING to be a generally good and kind person... that you can do what you want, as long as you apologise for your "sin", and believe in Jesus.

It completely devalues life, because this life is viewed as unimportant... and... not the end. So once you're dead... you're actually better off.

I agree with what evilhaze said.
Our world would be a much better world if instead of expecting a religion (and its leaders) to tell us what is right and what is wrong, we just sit and think what is right and what is wrong by ourselves.

The more religious you are the more the chances are that some religious leaders and politicians will be able to take advantage of you. Imagine what would happen if Bin Laden had to deal with atheists instead of fanatic muslims !!

Other people can easily take advantage of religious type of people. Those that tell you that will tell your future in some way (astrology etc) if you pay them or cure your illness in some magical way. A true atheist will never fall into such traps.

And you know, here in America churhes dosn't seem to be all that bad. Back home the church owns millions, has hotels and factories, and some of the churches are full with gold. I really hate those hypocrites !!

Originally posted by Theo
I agree with what evilhaze said.
Our world would be a much better world if instead of expecting a religion (and its leaders) to tell us what is right and what is wrong, we just sit and think what is right and what is wrong by ourselves.

As much as I agree with that, it just brings to mind this humorous saying, that says something like, "Most atheists learnt their morals from growing up in Christian families".

Funny... cuz its true. :D

Originally posted by Toefur

As much as I agree with that, it just brings to mind this humorous saying, that says something like, "Most atheists learnt their morals from growing up in Christian families".

Funny... cuz its true. :D

That statement is not true. Morals didn't originate from religion, that is a common misconception. I grew up in an agnostic family, we never have gone to church ever, my dad doesn't think god exists.

Back