• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What Religion Are you?

What religion are you?

• Christian

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Budhist

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Muslim

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Pagan

• Atheist (Not a 'religion' but whatever)

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Agnostic (as above)

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Jewish

• Jedi

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Hinduism

• Other

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters
IF you can not tell by my sig, I am a christian. I used to be an aetheist/agnostic until about 3 years ago.

Giancarlo, yes, the Christian fundamentalists are bad, but so are the fundamentalists for all religions. But what makes them bad is how outspoken they are(that or what actions they take to reach their beliefs), because I beleive many of the same things that those "evil" christians beleive.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Owen
IF you can not tell by my sig, I am a christian. I used to be an aetheist/agnostic until about 3 years ago.

Giancarlo, yes, the Christian fundamentalists are bad, but so are the fundamentalists for all religions. But what makes them bad is how outspoken they are(that or what actions they take to reach their beliefs), because I beleive many of the same things that those "evil" christians beleive.

Exactly, Christian fundamentalists are bad, but Islamic Fundamentalists are much worse tooting rifles and grenade launchers around.

I don't think there isn't any god, and I believe in individualism. I believe that I can make my own decisions, and I don't need any higher order to direct my life. I live every moment as if it were all I got. Yes I am atheist but also existentialist. I do reading in Nietzsche and Camus.

Atheist. I see nothing that suggests an after life or a higher being, and everything that suggests against their existence. I don't get in to much to the spiritual side of religion, but there are some good moral values you can draw from them. Buddhism, for instance, virtually nothing but moral codes.

So many Athiests here, yet you represent only around 2-5% of the world's population. Weird. Perhaps wealth and material goods have a huge impact on your need for a spiritual belief? I'm sure it does. Any studies on that?

Originally posted by murat
all atheists and none will go tohell

Hey hey..chill man, where'd u get that idea?!?!? BTW, just as GC have said, there's no such thing as hell!

Originally posted by syd
So many Athiests here, yet you represent only around 2-5% of the world's population. Weird. Perhaps wealth and material goods have a huge impact on your need for a spiritual belief? I'm sure it does. Any studies on that?

Who said atheists represent 2-5% ? For example I am supposed to be Christian since i was baptized .. so when they count, they count me as a christian.

Still probably here seem to be more atheists than on avarage.

Although I don't agree that wealth is the only reason for this .. maybe it plays a role. If you are poor, probably you are not very educated, so you simply stick with what your parents told you is the "right thing" without the ability to change it. And if you are poor you feel weak and you need to believe that somebody excists that will protect you, or that you will get a better life than the one you have now later...
But as i said thats just one reason .. more exist.
E.g in some countries is hard to say in public that you are atheist, in a message board on the internet you can say what you think freely.

Originally posted by syd
Actually more introspection than whether or not I have a need for a crutch.

Like I said, are there any studies on that? I don't have exact answers, just merely suggesting something.

On a personal note, I dislike the general idea of Athiesm, my parents and entire family are Athiests. Having lived with the idea of "no God, man in their own God" for almost 20 years, it seems rather presumptuous and selfish in general. Just my perspective. I'm agnostic.

I'm of no religion, or at least I am not devout to any specific faith. agnostic is probably the word, but I dislike being labelled as something. I am what I am.

I am easygoing with people of other religions, and I respect them and their religion untill they start pushing it on me, or telling me i am a heathen brute. The only people I have a problem with are jehovah's witnesses (when they go door to door) and christians who are so devout that they condemn halloween, harry potter and ouiji boards. I dont hate them as people untill they start ranting and raving that society is going to hell because of harrt potter, and haloween is a stink in the nostrils of god.

Last edited:
Some interesting info...
(From http://www.religioustolerance.org/worldrel.htm)

(The numbers represent how many people supposedly belong to that religion).

Christianity 2,015 million (dropping)
Islam 1,215 million (growing)
No religion 925 million (dropping)
Hinduism 786 million (stable)
Buddhism 362 million (stable)
Atheists 211 million
Chinese folk rel - 188 million
New Asian rel. - 106 million
Tribal Religions Prehistory - 91 million
Other Various - 19 million
Sikhism - 16 million
Judaism - 18 million
Shamanists Prehistory - 12 million
Spiritism - 7 million
Confucianism - 5 million
Baha'i Faith - 4 million
Jainism - 3 million
Shinto - 3 million
Zoroastrianism - 0.2 million

I think it is important to note things like, for example, how many people label themselves Christian, and how many actually have a firm belief of Christianity.

For example, there are all those people that are like, "Yeah, I suppose I am Christian". The ones that say, "I was brought up with it, I dont know anything about it, but I dont care, so I will just say I am christian".

If you take people like this into account, and I have talked with many dedicated Christians about this who agree with me, that you would then actually only have perhaps a few hundred million Christians, instead of the supposed 2 billion.

I am not sure about the validity of these statistics, as I am quite sure there would be more than 211 million Atheists in the world; and I was quite certain there were more Budhists than mentioned above.

However, I suppose it is a good basic outline.

The survey is interesting to see but you have to factor in so many things. Religions vary greatly depending upon your location so obviously the location with more people would have a higher number. Then you also have to factor in the religious beliefs + governments beliefs such as the number of children they may/should/usually have. The less children they have, the less people there are to carry on the beliefs.

Just wanted to drop that tid bit of info in there. I generally try to avoid religious topics as there is far to much controversy and usually each side is very firm on their beliefs. Two sides that refuse to budge or acknowledge one another only leads to violence. The odd part about that is most religions are against violence and yet they fight for their beliefs...

How do they get those numbers?
Since this is something international, i don't think its posible to do a census. So most probably they just see what the states report and they add all the numbers together.
For example, as i said before in those numbers they count me as a christian, but I am not. And they probably count my gf that she was born in Russia during communism as an atheist or no religion, becouse she has never been baptized, but she is actually a christian !!

I got this from the site Toefur mentioned above.

George H.W. Bush, as Presidential Nominee for the Republican party; 1987-AUG-27: "No, I don't know that Atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God."

i thought jedi was from star wars
why are 22% of british saying they are jedi's?

anyway i voted for jedi but if it means something else i don't know about it, i'm a jedi apprentice that's all :cool:

Back