• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

StaticHost

Just a question:
If you have your servers in your datacenter, then why is it taking so much time
All StaticHost's servers are housed in The Planet datacenter in Dallas, TX utilizing multihomed bandwidth (BGP). We are connected to high speed ethernet 100mbps connectivity. Our network is aggressively monitored for any ddos attacks, congestion, or high latency.

Other special points of interest specific to our datacentre are:

* 60,000 sq. ft. facility
* 35,000 sq. ft. of raised floor
* (21) 26-ton Data Air AC units
* Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA)
* Pre-action dry pipe sprinkler system
* Over 500 smoke detectors in an integrated system
* Simplex security badge entry/exit on all doors to facility
* Multiple TXU electrical grids
* 4800 amps of 480v input power
* 3 main transfer switches
* (6) 500KVA Powerware UPS units with 90 batteries per unit
* Standalone PDUs at each cabinet row
* 1-megawatt generator (2000-gallon tank)
* 1.5-megawatt generator (2200-gallon tank)
* DataTrax monitoring software for all data center infrastructure

The datacentre features top-of-the-line security systems, closed-circuit cameras, security patrols and restricted floor access. Uniquely positioned in the building and in the market.
For more information visit The Planet's website - http://www.theplanet.com.

my ftp and cpanel are not up yet, and since I have already switched my domains to my new server, I cannot access my http either. So basically I have nothing yet. Please let me know what to do, and how much longer. lol going on 5 days. Steve I have pmed you about this, please reply asap, I pmed you over 3 hours ago, and still no response...

peace_hope said:
my ftp and cpanel are not up yet, and since I have already switched my domains to my new server, I cannot access my http either. So basically I have nothing yet. Please let me know what to do, and how much longer. lol going on 5 days. Steve I have pmed you about this, please reply asap, I pmed you over 3 hours ago, and still no response...
You can access your cpanel from your old host (statichost) using the direct IP Addy.

:)

We have fixed cPanel and FTP access. All passwords had to be reset, so expect an email shortly with your new password. :)

Regards,

Steve McManus.

Although 'gone' I canny help but notice that this:

https://proton.statichost.co.uk:2087/

STILL isn't working - I make that 4 days and I now feel real bad for anyone else still waiting

If you are looking for a better host PM me - kick StaticHost out where they belong - any more excuses from them have now has got to be worthless

AbuKing said:
Just a question:
If you have your servers in your datacenter, then why is it taking so much time

It's not their DC. And I believe that they took information from LayeredTech. However, LT doesnt build serveer in The Planet anymore. And StaticHost server is located in LT's cages in Savvis now. It's so slow to resolve problem because they cannot access the server, meanwhile they are in the UK. And even they are in the US, they cannot either cause it's LT server, not StaticHost server. So, it depends on how LT re-acts.

StaticHost said:
We have fixed cPanel and FTP access. All passwords had to be reset, so expect an email shortly with your new password. :)

Regards,

Steve McManus.

Never received the e-mail.

Please send it to Webmaster@AParadiseWeb.com
or PM it to me, or even better yet get it to me via msn or aim. ASAP Please

Thank you, awaiting your response.

Because I have more things to talk to you about also. Looking forward to talking to you.

AIM: AParadiseWeb
MSN: Webmaster@AParadiseWeb.com

StaticHost said:

Regards,

Steve McManus.

anyone recived any emails?

nope, I did not, but whatever I mean what is another 48 hour wait anyways, its already been like 4-5 days wait, I am just hoping for it to be back within 48 hours. So that it will be under 168 hours downtime.

lillybet said:

STILL isn't working - I make that 4 days and I now feel real bad for anyone else still waiting

If you are looking for a better host PM me - kick StaticHost out where they belong - any more excuses from them have now has got to be worthless
That link works fine on my end. Why are you still posting in this thread? You have made it clear that you have found a new host, so you no longer need to post here. Thank you. :)

gate2vn said:
It's not their DC. And I believe that they took information from LayeredTech. However, LT doesnt build serveer in The Planet anymore. And StaticHost server is located in LT's cages in Savvis now. It's so slow to resolve problem because they cannot access the server, meanwhile they are in the UK. And even they are in the US, they cannot either cause it's LT server, not StaticHost server. So, it depends on how LT re-acts.
That's correct. It's not our datacenter, we rent servers in The Planet and with Layered Tech, who are in Savvis. The Proton server is with Layered Tech.

We are still in the process of sending out emails containing your new passwords. :)

Regards,

Steve McManus.

gate2vn said:
. It's so slow to resolve problem because they cannot access the server, meanwhile they are in the UK.

What gave you the idea that we are based only in the UK? I am the US head and Steve is the UK head...

Last edited:
StaticAnthony said:
What gave you the idea that we are based only in the UK? I am the US head and Steve is the UK head...

Anthony, you should be better to fix your server, not going here to ask me like that. It's just showed on your website that StaticHost was founded in the UK. And I dont care if you are in the UK or the US. I am just trying to explain to your customers, that you cannot do anything without LT tech. Do you agree with me that even you are in the US, you cannot access server directly?

That's right, we don't have physical access to the server, only Layered Tech do. While we were awaiting the OS reload, we were in Layered Tech's mercy. :)

Regards,

Steve McManus.

lillybet said:
Sure I can post here - people need to know how crap you are!

If you're thinking you can make StaticHost look bad, you just got another think coming. On the contrary, I'd say you'd better stop posting bullshi*t cos it just shows what kind of a crappy client you can be just because of an issue that wasn't the host's error but that of their data center.

So if I were a host or any other hosts out there just read the crap you've posted here, I'll make it a point to make sure I never offer or sell hosting to you int he future.

Secondly, do save your face and leave because, obviously you've moved to another host and you're neither constructively contributing to this thread nor helping out, take the hint bud from everyone else who have replied to you and move on!

Last but not least, there are NGOs (Non Governmental Organizations) and Aid Organizations that are some of StaticHost's clients, I can assure you that their needs during the downtime were much more essential and greater since they've got daily logistics and operations teams depending on their workspaces via statichost and as someone mentioned earlier on are all networked via the US, UK and Asia. Did you 'lillybet' see any of them complaining (apart from praying and wishing StaticHost a rapid recovery of their web services)? Never!

As bulldog5046,posted in reply to the crappy comment by you lillybet - "Get a life" I second his reply.

Lilly has been annoying me right from her first post here, sure none of us like this huge downtime but it's not even StaticHost's fault in the first place, you're just making a fool out of yourself lilly, I just hope none of your customers read your posts here, it will scare them off right away... Didn't your parents teach you any manners?

I'm just glad everything is up again and I hope StaticHost will survive all of this and continue to be the great host they have always been.

Oh and btw Anth it says this right on your front page: "We are a UK based company and welcome clients from around the world." might wanna change that since you said you are also based in the USA. :classic2:

Last edited:
Well, the site needs to be updated anyways due to the fact that the location of the servers is wrong and there is no reseller account area, I will have to do that tonight.

Last edited:
My Account is working fine, apart from eXtreme phpBB, says 'cannot find sessions table'. Also http://forums.statichost.co.uk http://proton.statichost.co.uk and http://helpdesk.statichost.co.uk do not resolve for me. :(

lillybet said:

If you want to access cPanel and https://proton.statichost.co.uk:2083/ does not resolve, then use https://[i]your account url[/i]:2083/, remember to replace 'your account url' with the web address to your account. For example, mine would be https://www.gt4zone.ath.cx:2083/ ;)

GsMen said:
anyone recived any emails?
I still haven't receved any emails yet. :(

college-student said:
If you're thinking you can make StaticHost look bad, you just got another think coming. On the contrary, I'd say you'd better stop posting bullshi*t cos it just shows what kind of a crappy client you can be just because of an issue that wasn't the host's error but that of their data center.

So if I were a host or any other hosts out there just read the crap you've posted here, I'll make it a point to make sure I never offer or sell hosting to you int he future.

Secondly, do save your face and leave because, obviously you've moved to another host and you're neither constructively contributing to this thread nor helping out, take the hint bud from everyone else who have replied to you and move on!

Last but not least, there are NGOs (Non Governmental Organizations) and Aid Organizations that are some of StaticHost's clients, I can assure you that their needs during the downtime were much more essential and greater since they've got daily logistics and operations teams depending on their workspaces via statichost and as someone mentioned earlier on are all networked via the US, UK and Asia. Did you 'lillybet' see any of them complaining (apart from praying and wishing StaticHost a rapid recovery of their web services)? Never!

As bulldog5046,posted in reply to the crappy comment by you lillybet - "Get a life" I second his reply.

I'll send you my emails from my 34 clients if you like and from which I am still having to deal with - people need to be warned about hosts like statichost that permeate the web - they are better being driven out of business and exisiting clients can do themselves a favour by moving to an alternate host - thats my point and one that I am completely justified in making

I do not need to save face! -I like the one I have thanks as I was born with it and have to stick with it thru thick an thin even though it lets me down on occassion :bandit2:

I also don't think I'd buy hosting from you anyway as I don't like your attitude - how long have you been in business - the maxim the customer is always right is still true {even when they are wrong!} - I object to being lied and misled too and I think thats a legitimate point to alert others to

Plus its a free world :classic2: so I am entitled to my points as you are to yours!

Back