• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

StaticHost

Stealth-Net

Can anyone from StaticHost update us as to what's going on?
No ftp/cpanel access, no site access, no forum access, no online support, nothing.. very worrying :confused4

Yes that's what I get. It was ok yesterday - noticed some things which I host weren't working today. So it seems fairly recent.

Well they've always seemed like very nice people, so I've got nothing bad to say about them. I have been considering moving lately, simply due to slightly better offers elsewhere for the range I'm trying to get into.

My sites are being hosted by them right now and are down, obviously. I forgot to mention that earlier, Stealth-net. I can't access CPanel or anything either. I figure they'll get back up before long, but you never know I guess.

hottweelz said:
Static Host, hosts 4 websites.

They could have multiple servers! Only 4 hosts on that box could be what your seeing. When it all boils down, they could have multiple server and just 4 accounts on the server which their main website is hosted on.

If you are experiencing problems with this host, I would strongly suggest you move your accounts to host that has consistant uptime until you find out what is going on and get the problems resolved.

Last edited:
They told me earlier today that they rebooted the server due to server maintenance. So I would guess that they are having problems with the maintenance that they were doing. For me it has been out for the last 7 hours. Not good.

BTW, they are a very good hosting company. Besides the uptime and limited customer support (only 2 people can help, Anthony and Steve, they are the co-owners of the company. I know that Anthony (Anthony Timberlake) is a 16-year old kid trying to get into the hosting business.) Those are the only draw-backs, but unfortunatley the most important in a hosting company. Please reference my thread requesting hosting offers for my sites. (Every minute that all my sites are down, I am losing money. The last 7 hours have hurt my business, and I lost several customers due to it.

So if you can help me out, please reply in my thread in the Paid Hosting forum. Thank you everyone for your support. And good luck static host, you need it.

~Peace_Hope
aka (Alex)

I have an updated question. Now all I'm getting is not found as opposed to the 403 (I think it was) error. Could be that their domain is resolving and they're fixing the situation perhaps?

If anyone knows how to get in touch with StaticHost, please pm me. I've been with them 10 days this round and even though they seem like great people and have always been good to me, this doesn't comfort me. I'd like to request a refund while I'm still in the money back period (I believe I am anyway), if that's possible.

Dear StaticHost Clients,

We are currently having some problems with our Proton Server. Like peace_hope said, we were doing some server maintenance and rebooted the server and it never came back online. We contacted our datacenter and they said that the server had a bad stick of RAM. They replaced the RAM, and it still wouldn't boot. They then replaced the whole box, and it is now kernel panicing before they can do anything. We are going to have to slave the drive in the server and do an OS reload onto the primary drive and copy client data over.

We are very sorry for this inconvenience and will keep you updated.

Regards,

Steve McManus

InetDedicated said:
They could have multiple servers! Only 4 hosts on that box could be what your seeing. When it all boils down, they could have multiple server and just 4 accounts on the server which their main website is hosted on.

true, the statistics are not very accurate. I noticed that lot of times

hey statichost, When do you expect to be back up and running. Because I am losing a lot of money being done right now. Does not make me happy.

Can you at least send me a full back-up of my account?

Guys, it was all sarcasm as clearly noted in the previous posts... did no one catch that? Of course you have individual servers for business side and individual servers for customer side ... it allows for back up and transistions... touchy touchy, geez...

The real problem here, is someone at the datacenter is not being upfront with Static Host... "Bad Stick of Ram" and then a "whole new box?" 8am on Wednesday, still down...

No more fun, this is obviously bad for them, but must have learned a lesson about redundancy.

Update: An OS reload request was submitted to our datacenter several hours ago, and we are still awaiting a response. We hope to have everything back up and running by tomorrow.

peace_hope, unfortunately we cannot send you a full backup at the moment, as the server is currently unplugged at the datacenter whilst we await an OS reload.

We will be offering SLA credit to all of our customers to compensate for this unfortunate, unexpected downtime.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Steve McManus

It's good to hear that StaticHost are trying to sort everything out as quickly as 'they' can, although 2 days is a long downtime.

Thank you for the update.

Stealth-Net said:
It's good to hear that StaticHost are trying to sort everything out as quickly as 'they' can, although 2 days is a long downtime.
Thank you for your understanding. This issue is now out of our hands, as we are still awaiting an OS reload to be done by our datacenter. As soon as the OS reload is complete we will immediatly start to copy over data.

Regards,

Steve McManus

hello everyone, i own FreePSP.co.uk which unfortunatly was hosted on the Proton server, admittedly 2 days is a lot of downtime but this is a serious server problem not just somthing minor.

these things just happen its life, StaticHost has been good to us all this is just a slight slip up on the datacentres behalf.

i have every confidence in Steve and the StaticHost team that they will get everything back up and running as fast as humanly possible.

Thank You,
Ryan Edge

bulldog5046 said:
i have every confidence in Steve and the StaticHost team that they will get everything back up and running as fast as humanly possible.
Thank you for your understanding, Ryan. We are still awaiting an OS reload and as previously stated we will start to copy data over as soon as this is done.

Regards,

Steve McManus

It has come to our attention that a host called Galaxy Webhosting has been spamming everyone who has posted in this thread via PM. Thank you hottweelz for notifying us. We suggest that you don't do business with this shady individual. :)

Thanks,

Steve McManus

Back