• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FWS Meet-Up

Will you be attending the first ever FWS Meet-up in London?

• Total voters
Is this taking place or what?
Being honest, I think if you are serious about holding a meet, an organising committee of sorts needs to be formed to organise the whole thing.
JasonS, I think you are really committed but really want it held in Manchester because you live in or near to it. If it's being held in the UK, then it should be held in London. It's the capitol city and central to all overseas countries and easier for those attending from the USA and other places.
It would be like me organising one here and inviting everyone from Melbourne and Sydney to Bendigo where I live. It just doesn't make sense when it would be easier for everyone to hold it in Melbourne or Sydney.

Get a committee together that will organise everything. The meet agenda and the accomodation. That way it will be done right and if anything gets screwed up, it won't be down to one person.

Gotta agree with Dan there, He speaks the truth, only reason I suggested Manchester was because its only 20 mins away on the train...

Londons cool but its not cheap its like one of the most exspensive places you will ever visit in your life. £6 ($9) for a pint of beer whats that all about?

Is this taking place or what?
Being honest, I think if you are serious about holding a meet, an organising committee of sorts needs to be formed to organise the whole thing.
JasonS, I think you are really committed but really want it held in Manchester because you live in or near to it. If it's being held in the UK, then it should be held in London. It's the capitol city and central to all overseas countries and easier for those attending from the USA and other places.
It would be like me organising one here and inviting everyone from Melbourne and Sydney to Bendigo where I live. It just doesn't make sense when it would be easier for everyone to hold it in Melbourne or Sydney.

Get a committee together that will organise everything. The meet agenda and the accomodation. That way it will be done right and if anything gets screwed up, it won't be down to one person.
London was my original proposal however disagreements were made in the thread to people saying Manchester (due to cost).

Will have a word with Peo and if anyone is SERIOUS about attending and would be interested in forming some form of committee - please do PM me.

So, this is a UK/rich people only meet-up?
The cost would be around $1,200, round trip, with a 3-day hotel stay to London from where I'm at. I wish I had that money. Lol, could we maybe hold two meet-ups? One in the UK & one in the US?

Well we should have 2 meets. 1 in the UK, 1 in the US, held at the same time, and use like Skype or something

Well we should have 2 meets. 1 in the UK, 1 in the US, held at the same time, and use like Skype or something

I had already suggested a webinar. No one commented on it. I think it would be the best thing. And skype would be an excellent choice for users like me who can't make the one in UK. Even a basic DSL connection could handle a webinar conference.

^Yeah. I'd happily supply hardware to run the UK side of this. I mean I could use a HD webcam & my MacBook, that's the UK side done :lol:

Any new info on this meet-up if its going ahead or not?

If I can voice another useless opinion why not have multiple meet-ups around the globe, time zones depending! catch up with discussion highlights from each meet up via the web. Quicker thats over with the quicker we can all visit the pub and chat about the freakiest sh*t you found on your servers.

They have a well established similar tirade in Europe called the eurovision song contest.

Last edited:
Any new info on this meet-up if its going ahead or not?

If I can voice another useless opinion why not have multiple meet-ups around the globe, time zones depending! catch up with discussion highlights from each meet up via the web. Quicker thats over with the quicker we can all visit the pub and chat about the freakiest sh*t you found on your servers.

They have a well established similar tirade in Europe called the eurovision song contest.
Skype FTW :)

I think it died :p
Nope :)

Just trying to find somewhere still that can still cater for the numbers, but can deliver a price that is justifiable for us all.

Had a hotel which looked promising in London - but @ £45/head - it's not worth it.

I can only imagine how nerdy the conversations would be.

"Oh, man, remember 10 years ago when we used to make new threads just to inform our resident troll that his home country had submarines with screen doors? Those were the days."

Back