• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bullfighting - a cruel and murderous Spanish tradition

One should question and be skeptical of absolutely everything, even their very own most cherished beliefs.

Otherwise, the person becomes close minded, and ignorant.

Originally posted by Toefur
One should question and be skeptical of absolutely everything, even their very own most cherished beliefs.

Otherwise, the person becomes close minded, and ignorant.

No. Apparently I already questioned my beliefs, and this is the conclusion I came to.

I don't appreciate people spitting in my country's face and people. And that is what this thread is all about.

Originally posted by Giancarlo

It is not a blood thirsty culture, we are just maintaining a sport we have. :rolleyes:

Which is, in itself, blood thirsty.

One would think that for a person to enjoy such a spectacle, that they would be somewhat blood thirsty.

The culture and what it represented, could then be seen as bloodthirsty.

But hey... it's all cool... It's only a sport after all...

(The possibilities this opens up to me... think of all the things I could do if I make them a sport and then practice them for a few hundred years...)

Which is, in itself, blood thirsty.

One would think that for a person to enjoy such a spectacle, that they would be somewhat blood thirsty.

The culture and what it represented, could then be seen as bloodthirsty.

But hey... it's all cool... It's only a sport after all...

(The possibilities this opens up to me... think of all the things I could do if I make them a sport and then practice them for a few hundred years...)

No.

It is not proper in comparing to bullfighting because they are two different subjects at hand.

Try again. You fail, I win.

But infanticide was culture and necessary, and still could be seen as necessary and also would still be part of culture.

Two different subjects.

Two same...things. :biggrin2:

But infanticide was culture and necessary, and still could be seen as necessary and also would still be part of culture.

Two different subjects.

Two same...things. :biggrin2:

Irrevelant. Two different subjects, two different things. One fool presenting stupid ideas. :mad:

Irrevelant. Two different subjects, two different things. One fool presenting stupid ideas. :mad:

Well I agree with the last bit GC... you really should stop with those stupid ideas.

But wait... they are two differnt subjects, but subjects can always become entwined.

I could talk about Jesus, and Santa. They are of course two very different characters. However, one could talk about both of them about once when comparing things, yes? Yes? Good.

Now.

Let's go over something...

I seem to be under the impression that bullfighting is A-okay with you because... it is part of your culture, and that you are uhh... just maintaining a sport you have. So it's fun to watch.

But you couldn't possibly think against it... because it is culture... and so widely accepted...

Now, we could talk about infanticide like that too... it was culture, and widely accepted...

Two very different things, yet both sharing the same context.

Well I agree with the last bit GC... you really should stop with those stupid ideas.

But wait... they are two differnt subjects, but subjects can always become entwined.

I could talk about Jesus, and Santa. They are of course two very different characters. However, one could talk about both of them about once when comparing things, yes? Yes? Good.

Now.

Let's go over something...

I seem to be under the impression that bullfighting is A-okay with you because... it is part of your culture, and that you are uhh... just maintaining a sport you have. So it's fun to watch.

But you couldn't possibly think against it... because it is culture... and so widely accepted...

Now, we could talk about infanticide like that too... it was culture, and widely accepted...

Two very different things, yet both sharing the same context.

You are the fool.

No I came to this conclusion myself. Infanticide is some stupid ploy you try to change my opinion. It won't work.

And I am willing to argue this until this thread becomes 500 posts... but I have to go and get on with my life.

Talk to you later.

You are the fool.

No I came to this conclusion myself. Infanticide is some stupid ploy you try to change my opinion. It won't work.

I'm not trying to get you to change your mind, I couldn't care less if you don't.

But I am failing to understand this concept of supporting something just because it is culture and a national sport or something.

So I am just trying to give comparables, to see if you support everything on the same grounds, or resort to some form of hypocrisy.

Back