• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bullfighting - a cruel and murderous Spanish tradition

Originally posted by Giancarlo
And I am willing to argue this until this thread becomes 500 posts... but I have to go and get on with my life.

Talk to you later.

Me too.

Sort of. Lol, I'm sorry mate... I only go on and on because you make it so fun; I could have left it ages back.

Seeya later :)

Infanticide and Bullfighting, in my opinion, are not the same.

I really have to get going now, I need to go out with some friends. And one who I think is attracted to me... :p

I really have to get going now, I need to go out with some friends.

Sure... that's what you say... you're just sick of this... j/k. :p

Have fun.

Personally, I need to sleep now :)

GC. Just because you do not like the comparison does not make infantcide irrelevant. While it isn't as vicious as bullfighting, as I am sure many would at least somewhat agree with, it is proof that you shouldn't defend something because of culture. If culture was a good defense for something, there would still be slavery and discrimination in the United States. Culture has been used by many people to defend their practices with little other backing for it(and I am sure you probably take offense at that statement, but it is not meant for you, as you have mentioned a couple other things). Basically backing up what Toefur said.

I am not saying change your opinion becasue I honestly could care less about bullfighting. If it is banned, I would clap a couple of times then forget about it. If it stays, then I would clap a couple of times then forget about it.

What I am saying is that don't automatically proclaim someone is wrong or ignorant because their comparison doesn't agree with your ideals. That is a sign of close-mindedness. IF you were a little more open to ideas(don't just give it lip service or I should say keyboard service), then the confilcts on this message board would drop and all the times tend to bait you would stop. Not a flame but a suggestion.

I refuse to change my ideas on this and came to this conclusion myself after watching well, two dozen bullfights.

Did you read what I wrote?:rolleyes: I said I am not trying to get you to change your ideas. I was saying simply be a little more open minded, and to do that, if you think sometihng is wrong, justify your reasoning. Don't call someone a fool becasue they brought up something that supports the opposition.

Open-mindedness does not mean change your mind. Being open means being willing to admit one may have a point, despite that you believe the opposite and will continue to do so, or to disprove their idea(not simply just saying it is wrong). Basically it means to tolerate their ideas.

Again, I am not saying change your mind.

Originally posted by Ragzz
Well...do they use the bull to make food aftwerwords? if not it's just a waste of life.

This isn't about what happens are the bull is dead, it's about the torture it endures prior to being slaughtered.

*Correction - it's 35,000 bulls per year in Spain alone.

So if it was 35,000 babies, would you have the same reaction? Humans are arrogant in the sense that we think we're most important. If an animal dies; so what? But if it's a human, we care.

Why are we so conceited we consider ourselves the only species that matter?

...I'm not a big "animal lover" Nor am I a big, "kill em all person" I'm neutral but I dont think we should treat animals the same way we treat humans..theyre differant beings.

Originally posted by Nick
+chips,

Not only do great minds think alike, but they post at the same time :D.

Damn straight :D.

Ragzz, that's the only reply you have? "That's just how it is"? :rolleyes:

If you eat meat, you have to right to denounce bullfighting. Read 'Animal Liberation' by Peter Singer, and find out that the meat industry is equally bad.

Also, you silly Christians out there... Rene Decartes, the man behind the 'I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am' developed the hierarchy of being that is the basis for modern Christian philosophy.

Inanimate objects (rocks, etc...) - No soul or body
Animals - Only body, no soul
Humans - Soul and Body
Angels and other celestial beings - Only sould, no body.

This allowed Mr. Decartes to perform vivsections, where he would nail living dogs to a board and cut them open while they were still alive, saying that animals are 'mere automata' and are incapable of feeling pain.

I hate bullfighting, and the whole meat thing, but I am not a vegan, or even a vegatarian, I tried it, and it didn't work at all for me... so I feel that what I say is lost on people who see me as a hypocrite, because, well, I am. I eat meat, and I don't like the fact that I do, but damn is is delicious!

Fine, I'll admit that bullfighting is wrong after reading +chip's website in the sig. But that doesnt mean I still wont eat meat. I just ate 2 steaks, 2 hamburgers, and a hot dog, and I LOVED IT. (In less than an hour as well!!)

Back