• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bullfighting - a cruel and murderous Spanish tradition

Seing as how I eat alot...why am I the lightest (weight) person in school? Kids half my size weigh more than me!

it may just be a bull, but its an animal, just like all of us

we shouldn't be cruel to them, they have a soul and feelings just like just human beings

it is understandable that we must eat meet in order for us to survive (...well for us meater anyway), but it is wrong for us to be cruel to them and kill them for the fun or it

many cultures and religions in the east and native americans treats animals w/ respects and even woreships them
also from the teaching of Buhha, some day you might be reborn into animal such as a BULL (depending on how u live in ur previous life)
how would u feel then?

plus the matter some1 commented on that humans are only race that matter
wrong, every living things play an important role on this planet
we can't survive w/o them
baterica helps our human bodies works the way they do
some animals' and plants' DNA a good source of medicine

Originally posted by wm2k1
it may just be a bull, but its an animal, just like all of us

we shouldn't be cruel to them, they have a soul and feelings just like just human beings

it is understandable that we must eat meet in order for us to survive (...well for us meater anyway), but it is wrong for us to be cruel to them and kill them for the fun or it

Very well said.

Originally posted by Peo

I agree with Giancarlo and others that the meat we eat every day is produced with a lot of cruelty and is a much larger problem. But my conclusion is that we should work to improve the situation for animals. Not just silently accept such cruelty... We can do it by eating less meat (vegan food can actually taste very good) or by eating meat from producers who treat their animals better.
The slaughter houses don't charge people $150 a ticket to go and watch it though. Most people would squirm if they went to see animals slaughtered and probably never eat meat again, yet the avid bullfighting 'fans' cheer the matador on until the bull is dead.

I think you guys are going about this the wrong way.

I am personally against bullfighting. However, when you try to tell an entire nation that their national pastime is cruel and bad then you are asking for trouble.

I think we should leave the spanish people alone. Come on who wants to be told that what they love watching is wrong.

Even if you did not explicitly say that the spanish people are bad. Bullfighting is part of what they are.

If you really want to make this world a better place then train your guns against abortion. That is the ultimate crime against humanity.

Originally posted by Jan

The slaughter houses don't charge people $150 a ticket to go and watch it though. Most people would squirm if they went to see animals slaughtered and probably never eat meat again, yet the avid bullfighting 'fans' cheer the matador on until the bull is dead.

I agree, bullfighting is wrong, cruel and for entertainment only which makes it even worse. My point was just that some people in this thread used the cruelty of the meat industry to defend bullfighting... Two wrongs don't make a right.

Originally posted by +chips
Only 12% of Spanish people are bullfighting enthusiasts, by the way.

That is an incorrect number. These "polls" are mainly slanted to whatever bias the article they are presented in. Sure 12% with a +-40% margin of error.

Peculiar that only the sources that defend a view opposed to yours are slanted.

Originally posted by meow
Peculiar that only the sources that defend a view opposed to yours are slanted.

Exactly. That is why I don't believe these false numbers thrown at me.

BTW, Meow, is jan happy with that avatar of your's?

Originally posted by Giancarlo
BTW, Meow, is jan happy with that avatar of your's?
I have no problem with it, but thanks for your concern GC :classic2:

Originally posted by Giancarlo

That is an incorrect number. These "polls" are mainly slanted to whatever bias the article they are presented in. Sure 12% with a +-40% margin of error.

Convenient that it happens to have an error in your favour, eh? :rolleyes:

12% are enthousiasts

I wonder what were the other numbers in the poll...

12% are bullfighting enthousiast

40% aren't enthousiasts, but they still like bullfighting
20% is neutral
20% is slightly opposed to bullfighting
8% are strongly opposed to bullfighting

or something like that........ :D

Back