• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by jfb

1. J

Co-Brands??

Subdomain My guess is .UNI.CC and *.* Sitelutions domains are both "subdomain" or, rather third level domains. So why accept one and reject the second one. My concern is there is no clue on how use the branding. Which zone records are affected (should we use A or CNAME)? Is it...
  2. J

Anybody uses pipni.cz ?

Vyborny (perfect) I've been using pipni since about 3 months, they are great and Czech! jfb
  3. J

Free second-level domains?

za.net Hello, za.net (and za.org, as well) is reserved to South Africans jfb
  4. J

lookin for host with requests (free)

3x.ro: Romanian language only The FAQ says: Pot realiza un site in alta limba? Nu. Numai site-urile in limba romana sunt acceptate. in my language (Occitan): Podi realizar un site dins una altra lenga ? Non. Sonque los sites en lenga romana son acceptats. in the Empire language...
  5. J

freeweb org ru oops, they use portland, so beware the reliability... jfb
  6. J

Free Domains im newbish

.PP.RU As the proud owner of jfblanc.pp.ru, I may confirm pp.ru domains are free. JF BLANC
  7. J

free domain host with minimal ads

domain host If your domain is a second level one (yours.tld), you may use pipni.cz which is really good. By the way, if you've got money to purchase a .NU SLD, you may pay a cheap host like discount-hosting.com. JF B
  8. J

Free Domains im newbish

free domains Hello, What's in a domain? A domain is something for which you may define zone records, nameservers, mail exchanges and even redirections. Top level domains (TLDs) are .com .org (generic) .iq .us (country) Second level (SLDs) are you.tld. Third are you.sld.tld...
  9. J

shorturl.com does not provide 3rd level domains Sharkbyte, Redirection is not domain. The question is which provider gives a free 3rd level domain (you.2ndlevel.toplevel). A domain is more than an URL: you may set up a web site, a mail server and so on. So shorturl.com is not about that...
  10. J

vel.pl

DNS Hello, Just be sure your DNS server is up and running, and its refresh rate. JFB
  11. J

vel.pl

To Jane Jane, The TOS look quite clean and with no severe constraint. The main terms are: the domain should be used (that is, point to an existing site). VEL.PL bears no responsability in case of hardware failure. Sorry, but I'm not so quick a translator. JF
  12. J

vel.pl

Hi The message says your url has not been yet activated. My guess is you chosed Przekierowanie i aliasy (redirection) Informacje o www - information on your website Kategoria: category Tytu³: title Opis: description S³owa Kluczowe: keywords URL docelowy: TARGET URL -> YOU SHOULD...
  13. J

vel.pl

Neni zac You're welcome!
  14. J

SITELUTIONS or EU.ORG? Hello, It seems sitelutions.com (previously ontehweb.nu) offers such a service, but I have no clue on their reliability. A really free solution is EU.ORG. But applications are checked manually and may take some time (one or two months). A pleased be good and use it...
  15. J

vel.pl

vel.pl one.pl and so on Hello, I confirm it's polish. They recently annexed the free ONE.PL. They provide really free third level domain names. The shortest are TO.PL VEL.PL SIE.PL. This means you may use your own DNS and do everything with your domain. And Polish is not so...
Back