• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Domains im newbish

free domains for everyone dont exist as far as i know. and as far as realwebmasters, i reccomend you dont sign up eith them, as they send you spam.

i dont mind spam i dont use that email for anything cept forum signups and whatnot. i need a domain i have a nice site :( how about co.nr

Another Question
1st level domain- dot.com?
2nd Level domain- cc.nr? dns?
3rd level domain -dot.tk? only redirect

free domains

Hello,

What's in a domain?
A domain is something for which you may define zone records, nameservers, mail exchanges and even redirections.

Top level domains (TLDs) are .com .org (generic) .iq .us (country)

Second level (SLDs) are you.tld.

Third are you.sld.tld.

There is no free SLD (there are "crooks" like namezero and others that "offer" you a domain, merely a redirection, they remain the owner, and after one year you should pay to keep your redirection). There is ONE free SLD redirect : DOT.TK (but they seem to have some problems).

There are some free THIRD LEVEL domains:

ZA.ORG ZA.NET reserved to South Africans
EU.ORG
UNI.CC (not working now afaik)
ORG.RU PP.RU COM.RU
Domains provided by VEL.PL (ONE.PL and some others)
Domains provided by SITELUTIONS.COM (FW.NU RR.NU and others)

Check other posts at this forum for more data.

JF B

hmmm...... i would give you..... AN F-!!!!! just kidding :) i also liked this essay on domains. id give it an A or A+ !

i find your humor quite inside of my taste, silent. and despite your name you sure do talk alot :confused2 i just dont get it....

Parked Domain Addition
Cannot determine nameserver ip for firestormclan.rr.nu. Please make sure that it is registered with a valid domain name register

what does that mean? I did it properly that message came in cpanel

RealWebMasters

This place is still setting up so there will be problems here and there. So far my account is working fine and I'm waiting for my DNS to be updated.

If you want to try it out, try it out. I am not recieving a mailbox full of spam. I have recieved a single message over two days. If you want spam, try hotrmail. The Cpanel is VERY nice and the space is overwhelming.

BD

CrystalSenshi, if you want to come check out the Message Boards over there, that's me.

question on the pp.ru . i'm wondering where you'd go to sign up for such a domain. it isn't at dausa.org or whatever the site is.

I don't think .pp.ru is available free, i think it's the domain for russian personal sites (like .me.uk would be in the uk)

I just registered an eu.org domain, (www.eu.org) it was approved and registered in two days :)

I am however having a problem pointing the domain to my hosts nameservers, it seems not all servers are configured to handle these second level domains, so you need to check with your host.

Also anybody that applies for a .eu.org, when you fill out the registration make sure your phone number is in international format (including country code) it doesn't say that on the form but mine was rejected at first for that reason.

hope that helps :)

Other than that another option you have is acidmist.com, they offer a free domain if your site recieves over 450 visits a day and you display a banner on your pages

Back