• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free second-level domains?

plastus

Anyone know of any second level domains, other than uni.cc and vel.pl? My friend needs something that will support DNS since he hates re-directs. Thanks.

SITELUTIONS or EU.ORG?

Hello,

It seems sitelutions.com (previously ontehweb.nu) offers such a service, but I have no clue on their reliability.

A really free solution is EU.ORG. But applications are checked manually and may take some time (one or two months).
A pleased be good and use it to really good projects (not for some teenager's collection of bad quality mp3's or out of date serial numbers ;-)

JFB

shorturl.com does not provide 3rd level domains

Sharkbyte,

Redirection is not domain.
The question is which provider gives a free 3rd level domain (you.2ndlevel.toplevel).
A domain is more than an URL: you may set up a web site, a mail server and so on.

So shorturl.com is not about that (by the way their redirection service is among the best...)

jfb

i know that, however, i was thinking that maybe the person that made this post didnt,so i posted from theyre point of view. another one to try id za.net .... i havnt tried them yet, but im pretty sure they allow dns and stuff like that.

oops! im pretty sure thats a 2nd level.....anyways.... i gotta go check on my soon-to-be-apache server-on-a-486-with-6-megs-of-mem (or STBAOAFESWSMOM)

Back