• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Co-Brands??

netnexus

muttle isn't muttle anymore and are theere any co-brands that dont require you to have a top level domain?

How would it be cobranding if you didn't have your own domain? Everything would be provided by the host, so in effect you'd just be linking to their service (maybe with a different colour scheme and logo).

What reason would the end users have to go through you instead of signing up directly? At least if you have your own domain they might use your version because your URL is shorter or more suitable for their site.

I doubt there are many companies willing to provide you with absolutely everything for free. It isn't much to ask that you invest $10 or so a year for a domain name considering they would be providing all the hardware, sofware and network resources.

If there were a service offering what you suggested, nobody would bother signing up for free hosting, they'd all be trying to host others.

yourname.uni.cc is a subdomain of uni.cc, so that couldn't be used for cobranded hosting.

If you mean a top level domain registered at sitelutions.com, yes, as it will be the same as any other domain. If you mean their domain or subdomain redirection service, no.

In other words, you'd need to fork out the $8.95 a year.

As we've already said, you need a top level domain (which is what you originally asked).

Subdomain

My guess is .UNI.CC and *.* Sitelutions domains are both "subdomain" or, rather third level domains.

So why accept one and reject the second one.

My concern is there is no clue on how use the branding.

Which zone records are affected (should we use A or CNAME)?

Is it possible to keep such a good provider like GAWAB for email?

An what about the linguistic discrimination against non-English sites?

JF Blanc
former excelland & muttle user

Back