• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Zeeblo.com - Free cPanel Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, that person even admitted that he lied, but the Admin completely ignored it.

--edit--

If you became picked on, it's not our responsibility to try and find your post and fix your problem for you. It's really your responsbility to report the offending post so we can rectify the problem as soon as possible. Like i've said above, it's quite a large community and we cannot look through every single thread.
Not your responsibility? As a Admin/Mod, your job is to moderate the board, including stopping spam/flame posts. You have about 10 staff members, k'mon.

---

Another thing: some Admins don't even know how to use English properly, and spell wrong.

Last edited:
usernam3 said:
Look, they accepted this application and the person LIED about his age. Wow, this host isn't that careful.

That person has personally PM'ed me his details. I have nothing against people not including their personal details unless they PM me and let me know of their real details ;)

josku_x said:
WHAT!!!!?!?!?! I don't think they even might do account checks.

PS: OK, thne I will apply there with different name, after I got hosting, I will upload all my cracks warez p0rn sex stuff, don't tell Zeeblo

If you are not asking any questions regarding the service, please keep your irrelevant posts out of my thread. We don't need to know how immature you are.

usernam3 said:
Not your responsibility? As a Admin/Mod, your job is to moderate the board, including stopping spam/flame posts. You have about 10 staff members, k'mon.

Please do learn to read as i did say that once a forum becomes popular, it does become harder to moderate and it isn't humanly possible to look at every single post unless your on the computer 24/7 which unfortunately is not the case for me as i do have a life. We may have alot of staff members but the staffs main job is to attend to the support forums and the hosting requests which is very important when it comes to hosting. Our main priorities are to provide a quality, professional and speedy service to our clients and moderating the whole forum comes into the category of our lower priorities. Since we cannot look through every thread, we do highly encourage the use of the "Report post to moderator" link.

Put yourself in the admin position, would you spend all your time looking through all the posts in the forum or just save the hassle and attend to any reported posts reported by any member ;)

Yes, we do moderate the forums and the least you guys can do is report offending posts to the moderators to help us, since we are providing a free service for basically nothing in return.

Last edited:
Any more detailed word on Zeeblo? I haven't heard anything and just curious on how things are going. I just signed up and got accepted and i'm anxious to get started.

Are you sure? I just came from the site and I can read some messages and I get the error sometimes and other times I can't reply.

For those of you who want to know more about the DNS cache poisoning attack, read on:

Zeeblo Staff said:
Hello there,

As you may have noticed, Zeeblo and all of the sites hosted on the server were inaccessible and redirected to the website tbh.jp which is the website of the culprit responsible for the attack. I'm lucky that i just so happened to visit Zeeblo when i noticed that there was definitely something wrong and I immediately investigated into the issue until I found that we were supposedly under a DNS cache poisoning attack. After a few minutes, I found that there was a problem with multiple connections to the server's FTP port from an IP which we have now blocked from all of our servers. Hopefully, in future, we will not have any attacks to this extent knuppel2

For those of you who aren't familiar with DNS cache poisoning attacks, heres some more info:

########################################################################
## What exactly is DNS cache poisoning?
########################################################################

Basically, it is method for an attacker to change the IP address that a
hostname resolves to. For instance the hostname www.cisco.com points to
the IP address 198.133.219.25. A DNS cache poisoning attack allows an
attacker to change the IP address for a host/domain and point it to a
different IP address.

If the above paragraph didn't make any sense, then take a step back and
understand that DNS (Domain Name System) is the method by which you can
resolve a human name like www.google.com into an IP address. An IP
address is a computer's unique location on the Internet. For a very
good explanation of how the global DNS system works, refer to this
article:

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/dns.htm/printable

Second, you must understand that most end-users on the Internet use a
DNS server that is close to them (at their ISP or within their
organization's firewalls) to lookup names for them. For performance
reasons, these DNS servers cache the returned data so that it takes less
time to respond to the next client. If there is a vulnerability or
misconfiguration in the software on these DNS servers, then the cache
poisoning attack is possible. When a victim DNS cache is poisoned, the
attacker will be affecting ALL future lookups of any domain name he
chooses for ALL users of that DNS server. Large ISPs may have thousands
of users referencing a single DNS resolver. So an attack against a
resolver could affect thousands of users, without those users having
done anything wrong.

Here is how the attack works. First, there needs to be a trigger that
forces the victim site's DNS server to query the evil DNS server. There
are several ways to accomplish this. A couple of easy methods are
e-mail to a non-existant user (which will generate an NDR to the source
domain), spam e-mail with an external image, banner ads served from
another site, or perhaps triggering it from a bot network or installed
base of spyware.

Once the trigger executes, the victim's site DNS server queries the evil
DNS server. The attacker includes extra information in the DNS reply
packet. In both attacks, the reply packets contained root entries for
the entire .COM domain. If your DNS server is not configured properly,
then it will accept the new entries for .COM and delete the proper
entries for the Verisign servers (who runs the .COM domain). Once this
has occurred, any future queries that your DNS server makes for .COM
addresses will go to the malicious DNS server. The server can give you
any address it wants. In this attack, any hostname that you request is
returned with a couple of IP addresses that are running a webserver and
attempting to exploit client-side bugs in Internet Explorer to install
spyware.

It is important to note that this attack could be used to hijack other
domain roots besides .COM, like .NET, .ORG, or the country TLDs like .CA
or .DE. The attacker could hijack all of them. A smart attacker would
potentially just hijack specific hostnames and then return the correct
information for all other queries. This type of attack would not be as
noticeable and could potentially be very dangerous.

SOURCE: http://isc.sans.org/presentations/dnspoisoning.php

I'm glad to let you guys know that we have everything under control and the problem has been fixed. If you continue to experience any problems, please do let me know.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this attack but we assure you that this sort of attack will not happen again on our servers and if it just so happens that it does, we will always be there to get it fixed in time

Yours sincerely,
Zeeblo Staff

It has also come to our attention that there are quite a few trojans on our server and we are working around the clock to remove these trojans for your convenience. There are also problems with pages only loading 1 in every 5 times and sometimes pages showing up an iframe which then installs a trojan on the viewers system without their knowledge, but, in some cases, the trojan may be detected by the viewers virus scanner. We have contacted the datacenter about these problems and they too will also be investigating into the issue and we should be able to get everything fixed and functioning properly very soon! :)

Your patience is highly appreciated in this matter.

Kind Regards,
Zeeblo Staff

Last edited:
great host! they haev quick servers and im always able to access my site!
they give mroe then any other host ive seen give for free. if you have problems with this host the problem isnt them.

Zeeblo ROXZORZ

i have one thing to say, if you want to get hosted, forget all about all the othere hostes, couz you have !Zeeblo.com!

Few people realise exactly what Zeeblo offers as part of their FREE web hosting package. They give you 100MB space and 5GB of Bandwidth just to start you off - no forum posting required! You also have:

Unlimited MySQL Databases
Unlimited FTP Accounts
Unlimited E-mail Accounts
Unlimited E-mail Forwarders
Unlimited E-mail Aliases
Unlimited Subdomains
Unlimited Addon Domains
Unlimited Parked Domains

I think you would agree not many hosts give you that ^^!

If you find that you need more than 100MB of space or more than 5GB of bandwidth you can earn Z$ in the forum by posting. Z$ is VIRTUAL MONEY and you can use it to buy extra space and bandwidth. You can also purchase domain names (although this option is temporarily unavailable). For every thread in the forum you create, you earn 3 Z$ and for every post you make, you earn 2 Z$! You need just 40 Z$ for 100MB of extra space and 25 Z$ for 1GB of extra bandwidth.

The service Zeeblo offers is first class and every member is taken care of individually. Any support questions you may have are answered with care. Zeeblo do NOT require you to be active in the forum once you have been hosted, but if you need additional upgrades you can either post and earn Z$ or you can buy paid hosting.

I assure you; I have been part of many free webhosts. I have seen hundreds. None live up to what Zeeblo give you. They have the friendliest, most helpful people posting in their forums. Zeeblo is increasing in size everyday, as more and more people realise what Zeeblo are giving you for FREE! Many webhosts will charge you large amounts of people for what you get with Zeeblo.

Trust me, you won't find a free web host quite like Zeeblo anywhere else. Deciding to go with another host could be a huge mistake which you will regret forever - take your choice. For advice, choose Zeeblo!

James

i like zeeblo very much
it provides 100 mb and 1 gb bandwith without posting :) also unilimitedmysql bs etc can any host provide such good hosting :shame: zeeblo is the best . they
are great in customer service :)

zeeblo is a great host with great statitistics and great support on forums and on msn.

this has to be one of the best hosts out there.

Zeeblo is propably the best free host ever!
You get a GREAT package for free, but as if that isn't enough it has a GREAT forum where you can earn virtual money to upgrade your account even more!
The people on the forum are very nice, the zeeblo admins are also active on the forums, so any question at all will be answered in a very short time.

I love zeeblo, and hope to stay with Zeeblo for a very very long time.

Thanks Zeeblo!
Reinout,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back