• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your web projects?

Great point. :)

I have always gone solo, and it is hard to do everything yourself.
On some sites I appoint mods, and forum admins to lighten the moderation load, but most of them don't have any skills in using content managment systems and such so I have to do all of the updates and everything related to the design and such. I am good at installing php scripts and editing and configuring them to suit my needs, but I know nothiong about programming so I am very limited in what I can actually create. Most of the cms's that I use can't really do what I want them to do so I need a coder to make my sites/ideas the way I really want them.

For now I just do the best I can with what I know and what I have available to me, and hope to learn more in the future.

I remember a few years ago I couldn't even install my own scripts so I have come a long way. I just wish I was a php wizzard ..haha
I would have some sweet sites!

I myself am really big on social networking and community niche type websites. I think they have the potential to grow in to something big just by word of mouth alone. I mean look at MySpace and communities.com .
I really enjoy being the admin/webmaster of community projects and being known by everyone as the friendly admin ..lol
I feel that the more interactive a site is the better. I just love sites that allow you to create your own content, or add information to the site once you register. I am working on the ideas to develope a few niche fan sites soon as well that will allow members to create and edit their own web pages. Krak Joe is helping me create the script I need for these projects.

To be fair and a bit blunt. A single person or even a small team has little or no chance of making much of a mark on this sector. There are huge teams working on sites like these.

The people behind tagworld are topnotch. Myspace is owned by fox and with sites like

http://wallop.com

on the horizon, no small groups have a chance imho.

Simple, you get a domain like worldzone.net that was once very popular, and put something on it....LOL

Google still has it like 20,000 times. No matter what I put on it, I get like 1,000 signups, even on goof off test stuff like now, weird. Seriously, I dont know how long it's been since I shut down the free hosting... but it's still there in the search engines.

So... what we are looking at, and have played around with, is doing another Social Networking site. All the crap software I have tested on that domain so far has had tons of signups. But I think right now anything pertaining to or actually is social networking has a very good chance of success. I've been going kinda slow at it really because I am wondering what the next 5 year wonder will be after social networking..

bum out, i was trying to find a 3 letter.com on namecheap earlier today, i thought with the roughly 12000 + possible combinations that there are ( i think, my maths is poor :( ) there must be one left..... then after about 300 possiblities i gave up, i thinking someone very clever cleaned up on those names years ago,

someone sold www.sex.com recently i think it fetched the highest price ever recorded for a domain :)

Just to give you guys some info on 3 letter domains:

1. All 3 letter combination domains , .com, .net, .org have been completely registered 10 years ago

2. The minimum reseller price for a 3Letter .com is about $5000 USD . Pronouncible , premium letters usually fetch 30K + USD (reseller). Enduser price is usually 10X higher. For example, top.com was sold for 500K USD recently. Sex.com was sold for 12 Million USD about 2 years ago.

3. Average 3 Letter .net domains is about 1000 USD reseller price.

Personally I own EMM.com... hoping to fetch a reasonable amount of it in the enduser market :):beer:

-----------------

Back on topic, I am on the same boat as many of you guys. I have a couple of very nice domains ( doraemon.net , mangaportal.com, dracula.net...etc ), however there is very little time to develop them on top of my normal day job.

Also I never bothered to learn programming due to lack of time, so it is very difficult to code sites myself. Currently, I have hired a designer to create a site for CityHunter.com ( http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=2180657 ), hopefully the investment will pay off in the long run.

Another tip to those with domains but have no time to develop them: Park those domains at parked.com , namedrive.com, sedo.com...etc, if those domains receive enough type-in hits, you will be able to make reasonable amount of money by just parking them.:)

Last edited:
I own alot of sites. They're not bad, they just don't make enough money. Java-gaming gets several thousand uniques per day and Chipmunk Scripts averages 1000 per day. But the income from these sites hardly cover my managed dedicated server they are running on.

You own chipmunk scripts? ...cool
I like chipmunk blog host. Thanks for offering all of those free scripts. Do you plan on developing more scripts in the future?

I own alot of sites. They're not bad, they just don't make enough money. Java-gaming gets several thousand uniques per day and Chipmunk Scripts averages 1000 per day. But the income from these sites hardly cover my managed dedicated server they are running on.

You own chipmunk scripts? ...cool
I like chipmunk blog host. Thanks for offering all of those free scripts. Do you plan on developing more scripts in the future?

Yeah, I actually have a simple ad management system that I programmed sometime back on a computer HD somewhere. I will release that if I ever manage to find it. Its pretty simple. You can add banners/code and specify the number of views you want it to run.

Other than that, I have plans on making a gallery script with some nice features. I'll eventually integrate a WYSIWYG thing into bloghost and blogger sometime along the line. Right now I'm more focused on writing tutorials and adding more tutorial content to the site.

Yeah, I actually have a simple ad management system that I programmed sometime back on a computer HD somewhere. I will release that if I ever manage to find it. Its pretty simple. You can add banners/code and specify the number of views you want it to run.

Other than that, I have plans on making a gallery script with some nice features. I'll eventually integrate a WYSIWYG thing into bloghost and blogger sometime along the line. Right now I'm more focused on writing tutorials and adding more tutorial content to the site.

Cool, I think I've used some of your scripts before! (a while back) Thanks :)

It won't be hard, I'll just use one of available WYSIWYG editors already out there.

Editing the BBcode is another story though ...

Back