• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your web projects?

I am working on a community project ( i know its common )
buts its speciality is that each and every variable will be named as the buyer of the script so that it can be challenged if its stolen by any1 else.

I am working on a web portal for homeless people.

That is a good idea and deserving of support, in the UK for example anyone has access to the internet at libraries, so it would help out here too to be able to find accommodation, jobs, etc.

Good on you :angel:

A5 sized flyers and people willing to stick them to lampposts is best, word of mouth as in go to the areas and tell them - some areas that can be bad for the 'dogooders' though as it's not seen all the time in the manner it's meant.

Old hand at a lot of that type of stuff, as in trying to help those who want help.

So opening up myself 'again' if in the UK for purposes of distance obviously or worldwide if it can be non physical help pm or e-mail me and ask I can and have before helped out on good projects that try to help those who want to help themselves out of situations that they ended up in for whatever reason.

brutetal - I'm blaming you if I get swamped ;p

@ alley: among your 50 domains, do you have any three letter .coms ?? for half decent one being sold in the right place you would be unlucky to get less that $4000 i saw www.wmd.com on sitepoint and the bidding with 6 days to go wa sitting on $25,000 its absurd.

:p well someone obviously wants it, i mean seriously you could start up a really competetive host with that kind of cash, and all it takes is for someone to have a domain that they probably dont use :)

NO, the smalleest dot com I have is like 5 letters :cry2:

@ alley: among your 50 domains, do you have any three letter .coms ?? for half decent one being sold in the right place you would be unlucky to get less that $4000 i saw www.wmd.com on sitepoint and the bidding with 6 days to go wa sitting on $25,000 its absurd.

bum out, i was trying to find a 3 letter.com on namecheap earlier today, i thought with the roughly 12000 + possible combinations that there are ( i think, my maths is poor :( ) there must be one left..... then after about 300 possiblities i gave up, i thinking someone very clever cleaned up on those names years ago,

someone sold www.sex.com recently i think it fetched the highest price ever recorded for a domain :)

26*26*26=17576

What good is having a 3 letter dot com with no meaning?

Are qxj.com, zvb.com rjh.com etc really that worthwhile?

Combinations of 3 letters are catchy and easy to remember, even if they don't make sense. :)

But for whatever reason, ones with numbers aren't as cool. And a DOT NET, worthless.

I have 3kd.net. Because, my initials are kd, and kd.net was taken, and 3kd.net seemed decent. To me it has meaning...but not to anyone else.

I like domains that are 4,5,6 with vague pseudo word names. blargh.com rufte.com tubola.com frude.com or whatever seem catchier than fcj.com

Off topic for a minute, but that VB skin on your rantandroll forum Rocks! :coolmusic ...I love it!

But for whatever reason, ones with numbers aren't as cool. And a DOT NET, worthless.

I have 3kd.net. Because, my initials are kd, and kd.net was taken, and 3kd.net seemed decent. To me it has meaning...but not to anyone else.

I like domains that are 4,5,6 with vague pseudo word names. blargh.com rufte.com tubola.com frude.com or whatever seem catchier than fcj.com

back to topic :p i know they dont make sense, but like the lowest you could sell a three letter .com is $200 honestly i know its silly, but i saw www.rqe.com ( i think that was it) go for $1,400

Back