• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yeah, ya got what was coming to ya, ya bastards! :D

They're all the same thing, I'm just suggesting he get the full installer as it makes the most sense. You download all the files at once and install them locally with the full installer, the net installer does the same thing only you download each file as you need it rather than all at once, the ZIP file I'd assume is just all the file ZIPed together, but as it's larger than the full installer what's the point? MathML is for rendering mathematical expressions in HTML. As this doesn't exist yet, it's useless (note the filesize is the same as the full installer, it's no different).

so i download 1 ??
Yes, the full installer.
but whats this "for reporting crash data" ?
"...Talkback enabled builds allow transmission of crash data back to Netscape, improved crash analysis, and posting of crash related information to our crash-data newsgroup. Unless otherwise indicated, all installer builds contain talkback. If you're using an installer build but do not wish to install talkback, choose 'custom install' and uncheck the talkback component."

Originally posted by Hayama-kun
Try it on Win2k, it's actually quite fast, contrary to whatever your source was. Also, just have it open all the time, and hibernate instead of shut down so you don't need to see that splash at all.

On Win98SE, it may have been slow, but did it crash as much as IE? I'd like to see any proof that it would, because frankly, I doubt anyone could have that happen.
btw that hibernating doesn't work for me... Once I return from hibernation, my modem does not work.

Originally posted by trenzterra
btw that hibernating doesn't work for me... Once I return from hibernation, my modem does not work.
You're using XP. :rolleyes:

Well I use IE 6 pretty much exlusively. It crashes every so often but so does Opera 6. I'm running Win2k...I just downloaded Mozilla...it looks exactly like Netscape (< 6.0). And it's not nearly as fast as IE. Operea is really fast though. I just find IE easier and I like the Auto Complete.

i prefer Opera so far ....

IE 6 has never crashed on me :classic2:

And .. i'm downloading monzilla now ... so .. i'll see how it goes .... as my second browser .. as ie 6 is that now :p

Originally posted by Canuckkev
I just downloaded Mozilla...it looks exactly like Netscape (< 6.0).
Why do you think that is? It's because Netscape uses Mozilla as a base. That's why about:mozilla on both Netscape and Mozilla yield the same results.

Why do you think that is? It's because Netscape uses Mozilla as base. That's why about:mozilla on both Netscape and Mozilla yield the same results.
Is that legal?

Originally posted by cheatpark
Can someone tell me what browser I should use. I use internet explorer but all this makes me want to change. :D
Well some will say Opera, some Netscape and some Mozilla.

Download all of them and choose which is best :p

I would say Mozilla. I don't even see the point of Netscape. It's only a slower version of Mozilla with extra useless features.

If it were Windows XP's code that was being released, would you change your mind? It isn't the code that is making their business prosperous, it is their partnerships with manufacturers and retailers, for without them, they wouldn't have their position.

I think that if Microsoft is forced to release it's code, then those states should be forced to pay the $millions$ Microsoft has spent building it all. As for secrecey...since when has any state or government been concerned with keeping anything private other than their own stuff?? If the states get that code, it will all be secretly released somehow. You think these attormeys can understand the code?? They will have third party techies come in and go thru every bit of it explaining it. With those high speed connections, it would be nothing for just one of those techies to secretly send the opened code over to their home pc for release on the internet. It would ruin Microsoft and then AOL would take over everything. Microsoft and AOL are the only ones keeping the other in check. If one goes out, the other will take over....and then things will be even worse. Look at it this way, under current history, if there was no Microsoft, the net wouldnt be where it is. Microsoft made the tools that made it all easier for the rest of us. Of course, the pure greedy forget that fact. Microsoft is rich because they accomplished something that people wanted part of. AOL now owns Time-Warner...who owns the largest communication systems in the world. Now it costs AOL practically nothing to spam the world. AOL controls far more than Microsoft, yet Microsoft is the bad guy...hmmm

Why should Microsoft be forced to bundle other software with theirs?? Like maybe Netscum? Microsoft builds the ops system, the build a browser so people can surf the net. What were you using when you downloaded your first alternate browser? Does anyone consider that if they are requires to not put IE in with windows, then they may have to start charging for the browser? Yeah I know that makes you happy, but dont ever think the other browser developers arent greedy. That opens the door for others to start charging "something" for theirs. "Hey! IE is charging for their browser now, we can charge half that for ours!". DUH people...with IE packed in freely with windows, it keeps the browser market better.

String puppet?? Hate to tell you, but you are wrong on that. Those companies wont boycott Microsoft, that's where they make all their money. You dont boycott the company that brings you the most money. In essence, Microsoft MADE them.

I think some of you need to go to a monastary and learn how to how to concentrate and look at all sides. Most of your ideas, if implemented, would either ruin the net or cause it to become far more expensive..

Originally posted by Webdude

What were you using when you downloaded your first alternate browser?
Netscape :p I was using Netscape 3 and downloaded Netscape 4. I didn't know at that stage that IE was a browser :eek:

I've always thought Time-Warner to be a bigger threat than Microsoft.

The browser I used before I downloaded my first "alternative"? Um... I used Mosaic first, but I think the first browser I downloaded was downloaded with Netscape 3.0.

<edit>

Where did you originally get Netscape onto your windows system? Were you using IE when you downloaded it?
No, IE never entered into it. Netscape 3.0 was bought and installed from either a CD or a few disks, I don't remember.

Back