• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yeah, ya got what was coming to ya, ya bastards! :D

Originally posted by Phrozen
Using that so-called AOL "browser" is a scary thought.
hahahahaha, yeah! I tried a "100 hours free" trial once and I could not understand that browser at all.

Originally posted by Jan

hahahahaha, yeah! I tried a "100 hours free" trial once and I could not understand that browser at all.

Same here... I did it twice actually... the second time aol messed up Windows so badly (when I had Win98) I had to format. That was the last time I ever tried aohell.

And that AOL browser is your default browser.

Giancarlo, you must have some really buggy version of Win2k for it to be very slow. Opera may take a while to load the initial browser, but afterwards, it's all speed. :cool:

IE is the slowest browser on this system as well. Mozilla takes about the same time to load up as Opera. Also, I have not had neither Opera nor Mozilla crash. As usual with any version of IE, it has crashed. Not as often with 98SE/98, but it's bad enough that it does.

Originally posted by Hayama-kun
Giancarlo, you must have some really buggy version of Win2k for it to be very slow. Opera may take a while to load the initial browser, but afterwards, it's all speed. :cool:

Win2k never was buggy. There is no such thing as a buggy version. It has a few bugs here and there.

What I was refering to is I had it before on Win98SE and it was bad. I have it on a CD (put on by my dad's CD-RW drive) but haven't gotten around to installing it.

IE is the slowest browser on this system as well. Mozilla takes about the same time to load up as Opera. Also, I have not had neither Opera nor Mozilla crash. As usual with any version of IE, it has crashed. Not as often with 98SE/98, but it's bad enough that it does.

IE loads quite quickly on my computer. It only has crashed once so far since I installed Win2k.

Try it on Win2k, it's actually quite fast, contrary to whatever your source was. Also, just have it open all the time, and hibernate instead of shut down so you don't need to see that splash at all.

On Win98SE, it may have been slow, but did it crash as much as IE? I'd like to see any proof that it would, because frankly, I doubt anyone could have that happen.

I'm running AOL 7.0 on a Windows XP Pro system (custom built my me) with IE 6.0.

So far I have no problems w/ AOL, IE, or XP.

I don't think MS needs to give it's code to ANYONE. It's their OS. Who cares? Monopoly? OH WELL. They worked hard for it.

Try it on Win2k, it's actually quite fast, contrary to whatever your source was. Also, just have it open all the time, and hibernate instead of shut down so you don't need to see that splash at all.

Did I ever say it was bad on Win2k? No I didn't. I haven't even tried it on Win2k, only Win98SE.

On Win98SE, it may have been slow, but did it crash as much as IE? I'd like to see any proof that it would, because frankly, I doubt anyone could have that happen.

Yes, it worked about three times before screwing up a bunch of things. I had to do a Norton Windoctor to fix everything... 86 errors detected. I did a test before installing Opera and there was only 10 errors that were fixed. I then uninstalled Opera, and haven't been using it since.

Originally posted by robert
Monopoly? ... They worked hard for it.
You're joking right? ROTFLMAO

Microsoft is like one of those string puppets; sever its ties, and you've got no more Microsoft. But, unfortunately, it has ties all over the place. That's the only reason it exists today. If every single computer manufacturer were to boycott Microsoft, what would you think would happen? Would Microsoft continue to have its grasp in the market...nope. It may have worked hard at the beginning, but it was smooth sailing from there.

You're joking right? ROTFLMAO

Microsoft is like one of those string puppets; sever its ties, and you've got no more Microsoft. But, unfortunately, it has ties all over the place. That's the only reason it exists today. If every single computer manufacturer were to boycott Microsoft, what would you think would happen? Would Microsoft continue to have its grasp in the market...nope. It may have worked hard at the beginning, but it was smooth sailing from there.

And it will be smooth sailing for a very long time... Nutscrape and Opera will never be abled to take market from IE. And other OS's won't be abled to either. Microsoft has a large pocket of money to spend to prevent that from happening.

Opera and Netscape can't compete with IE because there are many ingnorant people in the world who don't know that there are better things than Microsoft.

What the porblem with netscape , opera and friend ??!??!?
They all support html 4, css 1 -> THE STANDARTS
and the more stable from IE, so whats the problem ?

Originally posted by Daniel
Opera and Netscape can't compete with IE because there are many ingnorant people in the world who don't know that there are better things than Microsoft.

Don't call me ignorant... because I tried Opera. Don't even get me started about Nutscrap. It is the slowest garbage in the world. I mean it was good when it first was out.

Originally posted by Dusty
I can double-click the IE icon and have time to fully open the others before its splash even pops-up.
How come no splash pops-up for me when I run IE?:confused2

IE is speedy for me.:cool2:

I know there are splashes [that probably can be disabled] on the old IEs, never downloaded 6. IE 5.5 had one.

Nutscrape sucks, it is based off mozilla, but mozilla is far better.

Back