• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yeah, ya got what was coming to ya, ya bastards! :D

Originally posted by Webdude
Where did you originally get Netscape onto your windows system? Were you using IE when you downloaded it?
As I said somewhere in this thread, the setup CD for my first ISP came bundled with Netscape.

Netscape was installed first and then I had to configure it with all my info. The instructions for connecting were to click on the Netscape icon.

Last edited:
Hmm, I just installed Opera 6. This thing sure has changed since the last time I tried it (2.0 maybe??). SO far it is showing everything exactly the same as IE does, runs about the same speed, etc, etc. except that with IE I'm not sitting here looking at a banner ON my browser..

I dont know, maybe I am spoiled by Netsum and IE, but I think browsers should be both free and ad-free. Unfortunatly I dont see how companies like Opera would be able to continue undert that rule... I have to say though that I am impressed at how far Opera has come, it's far better than mozilla and Netscum, but about par with IE from what I have compared so far.

And to think, a few threads ago I was ready to knock Opera. Who says people cant change? :D

I would say that it has changed almost as much as IE and Netscape have since their versions 2. :D

Actually 6 works well for me. I've always had problems with Opera on this machine. The revised version that is. The original 6 was a disaster.
Good one can get rid of the tabs too. Don't like that in a browser.

Last edited:
Who says it can't be free and ad-free? It's as simple as copying and pasting a line and clicking OK. :D But now people have morals.

Well, considering ME is worse than any other operating system I've ever seen, except for maybe that sad dosshell crap that came out a decade ago... :biggrin2:

Mozilla has tabs, like Opera. That's the other option for those who want 'em.

Webdude, there's one thing that doesn't work in Opera that I've noticed...I think that's the <p> tag, I'm not too sure. That or <center>. It's got something to do with the alignment.

Originally posted by meow

Good one can get rid of the tabs too. Don't like that in a browser.
I actually like the tabs feature. It's better than cluttering up my task bar.

I've been using IE6 for months and not a single problem. Uh, well... there were a little bit of crashes now and then, but in general, IE is still for me. I've tried Mozilla and Opera, didn't work well. (Mozilla's better than Opera IMO)

hmm. just installed opera.. it's pretty quick.. although the page rendering is a little bit different than IE, im quite impressed..

i'm going to tinker around with it a bit more.. :biggrin2:

I like tabs in some applications. But in browsers I want *space*. Smart move to make it optional. People tend to be biased about things like this.

One thing that's cool is that it supports @media projection in full screen mode. If you are new to Opera, go here and hit F11. Use Page Up and Page Down to go forward/backward. Pretty cool huh? :p
http://www.opera.com/support/operashow/

I only use page back and forward. Theyä've added "open link in background" to the context menu. That's a good one. Like it in Moz.

Originally posted by Hayama-kun
Well, considering ME is worse than any other operating system I've ever seen, except for maybe that sad dosshell crap that came out a decade ago... :biggrin2:

Mozilla has tabs, like Opera. That's the other option for those who want 'em.

Webdude, there's one thing that doesn't work in Opera that I've noticed...I think that's the <p> tag, I'm not too sure. That or <center>. It's got something to do with the alignment.

I noticed our login page crashes Opera everytime for me. I am using XP Pro as well.
http://cp.worldzonepro.com:8080
I havent investigated why. Could be XP for all I know, but more likely it is a tag or something.....or could just be my Opera. Dunno, does it crash yours?

Originally posted by Webdude
I noticed our login page crashes Opera everytime for me. I am using XP Pro as well.
http://cp.worldzonepro.com:8080
I havent investigated why. Could be XP for all I know, but more likely it is a tag or something.....or could just be my Opera. Dunno, does it crash yours?
ya it crashes my opera as well.. running win2k..

Back