• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What would you prefer paid or free hosting?

For practice or training, I'd go for free hosting. If used on production, paid service is my choice. Stability and included tech support is part of the package here.
1.gif

Not all paid hosts are great. One assumes one will get better support if one pays for hosting but that is not always the case. I'd start with a very good and reliable free host first, and then as one gets more experience about what is important to one from the hosting point of view, one can check out paid hosts against a check list. For example, when I first started with hosting and free hosting I didn't realize how important it is to have a static IP for a Website. Also how shared hosting can impact the performance of a Website. If one has enough experience one could get an independent VPS with a static IP from a really good and reliable VPS provider. Paid shared hosting could also be good, but is relative to the host of course. I find the larger the paid host, the more distant and uncomfortable it is for me. Although there are some really good large paid hosts out there. I prefer more personal and friendly environment.

I would prefer paid hosting because you can scale your resources whenever you want and it also saves you from drastic hardware failures.

Free web hosting is good when you are just starting testing your website, starting small and not very ambitiously, because free web hosting is not reliable. With it, all users use the same source. This source probably won't dry up completely, but it will from time to time. This is why paid web hosting is much better and much, much more reliable solution, especially if you intend doing business and need stability.

Paid web Hosting is preferred over the free web hosting service.Some of the reasons to choose paid web hosting are :

· Uniqueness: Paid blog hosting gives you ownership over the blog; it will also help you to rank higher in the search engines.
· More Custom Options: Paid web hosting allows you to customize the look and the functionality of the blog itself.
· Search Engine Rankings: With paid web hosting you will have a better chance to rank higher in the search engines which means more traffic.
· Paid Hosting is not that Expensive: You can find cheap hosting for your blog from a top web hosting company. This will give you more options, resources, and tools to help you and the cost is minimal.
· No Ads on your Site: You are paying for the hosting by allowing the free host to generate revenue from the ads it places on your website.
· More Security: Paid hosting service offers you better security and up-time.

Paid web Hosting is preferred over the free web hosting service.Some of the reasons to choose paid web hosting are :

· Uniqueness: Paid blog hosting gives you ownership over the blog; it will also help you to rank higher in the search engines.
· More Custom Options: Paid web hosting allows you to customize the look and the functionality of the blog itself.
· Search Engine Rankings: With paid web hosting you will have a better chance to rank higher in the search engines which means more traffic.
· Paid Hosting is not that Expensive: You can find cheap hosting for your blog from a top web hosting company. This will give you more options, resources, and tools to help you and the cost is minimal.
· No Ads on your Site: You are paying for the hosting by allowing the free host to generate revenue from the ads it places on your website.
· More Security: Paid hosting service offers you better security and up-time.
Again it depends who the paid host is. As they aren't all equal. One has to do one's homework first. Particularly about the quality of the Web host, and particularly the quality of those hosting accounts with whom one is going to share the same space with.Could be the paid host has a bunch of spammers, i.e. the kind that uses there hosting accounts as a launch pad for spamming accounts, or who don't keep clean hosting accounts and attract DDOS and other kind of attacks, which by association can be bad for one's hosting account. GoDaddy used to be a go for paid host and feedback these days is really very bad for GoDaddy. Here today and gone tomorrow. Large and paid aren't necessarily better.

Paid web hosting is preferred over free web hosting.Some of the reasons are mentioned as under:

· You're saved from having a forgettable long web address

· Your data will be backed up

· Limited features

· You have control over your website

· You will not have to put ads on your site

· No Wanted Ads

· Freedom to Sell Ads

· Better Customer Service

· More Disk Space

· Secure Server

· Concise Domain Name

Hi blowee,

I prefer paid hosting because of the benefits you have, like support, security, uptime and the resources. Free hosting as mentioned by some is good to get experience, to learn how it works, in other words just to play around. :p

I would suggest to prefer for paid hosting, as there will not be a quality one,more downtime & unreliable,untrustworthy service in free hosting. so we can get the best one for affordable prices at paid hosting providers.

For professional use and business purpose I prefer paid hosting, but for blog, personal site and community project I prefer free hosting.

Hello,

Actually, There are no big different between paid and free hosting. But before buying any hosting services please check the hosting company or check out the moderated forums of that particular hosting company.

Thanks.

Those that consider free web hosting is a good way to economize for their business/blog are not seeing the bigger picture.

Yes, initially we all have to save our pennies when starting a business but to economize on web hosting, domain name registration and web design at the start of your business is going to cost you money in the long run:

• Not a way to give a professional appearance to your business
  • Problems moving the site/blog when you get bigger
  • Lost incoming links from those who have added your site to theirs
  • Having to redesign the site if you move to paid hosting.
Give your new business/blog a good start by investing in a domain name, paid web hosting and purchased web design. In the long run it will be worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not true. Just do daily manual backup. Files, Folders, Mysql, and you will be good.

Free as Paid, is not allways bad and good. There are some free packagea, that worth your attention. At least for short term.

There’s no way a free hosting account can be compared to a paid hosting. For one free hosting mostly use sub-domain which according to someone here is bad for SEO. Plus most of them cannot contain dynamic scripts like PHP.

There’s no way a free hosting account can be compared to a paid hosting. For one free hosting mostly use sub-domain which according to someone here is bad for SEO. Plus most of them cannot contain dynamic scripts like PHP.

You really don't know what you're talking about, I hate to say. Almost every free host in existence allows you to use a TLD, and can't use PHP? You've been able to use PHP with most free hosts since the late 90's.

If you want to host a personal blog or a family site, then you may choose a free web hosting as it wouldn't cost anything. In case, you want to host a business site then it would be much better for you to choose a paid web hosting as your hosting needs will differ from the person using a free hosting services. If you go for free hosting plan, then you may also upgrade your package at any time.

I prefer paid to host my website because of its advantages. And there is various web hosting service provider at a reasonable price. You can even experience free hosting but it is not reliable.

Better to go with paid hosting so that you will be at Peace,in terms of Security and Reliability, as you opt for paid services in case something goes wrong as per T&C you would be able to contact the respective Providers, and paid services mean you would get reliable Tech Support too.

Back