• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Upgrading vBulletin to version 3.0.1

Much better Peo, I'm glad to see that you were able to make the changes so quickly. I agree that a template showing the forum exactly how it was would be an ideal option so users could choose their personal preference. I honestly have no idea how much customizing that would take with the new vB but it would be nice.

Getting used to it a bit at a time, other boards I regularly visit use VB3 and it seems to skin pretty easy, and looks good when the included ones aren't used. Opening for someone to please the admins there :)

trenz, yes I agree the old colors don't go to well with the new design, so I've removed those settings from that forum now.

Bruce said:
Anyway, we'll adapt to this after some time just like we did to 2.0.
Everyone gets used to everything, but that doesn't change the fact that there's nothing wrong with a plain - not full of unnecessary bulk, bells and whistles - layout.

Once you get used to it, you probably won't think the new functions are useless bells and whistles.

All I need is a reply button, everything else is overkill IMO :rolleyes:

Each reply is 1.5 times bigger then it could be; and the one thing I ever did actually use ("search posts by this member") is no longer there.

I like the new board. I was just looking at the "Who's Online" page and it's interesting to see what threads people are viewing, etc.

(Of course I never looked around too much before, so it could have been there in the last version as well.)

Back