• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Upgrading vBulletin to version 3.0.1

The posticon penguin. It's now replaced by that blue smile face thing.

Received a reply about that max post thingy, can be changed via:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Searching Options -> Maximum Search
Results to Return

Bleh, I'm not.

And if I work for like 2 years, I can get vB... Hmm that's like 2006.
[offtopic]why aren't you on msn anyway?

[continued offtopic]Because if I'm on MSN, I get IM'd every 0.05 seconds and no work gets finished :) OK, no more thread hijackin' :D

ah the posticon penguin, I'll see if I can find it and add it back.

The search post thingy has been changed now.

Or maybe he's looking at the admin demo.
I wouldn't increase the maximum search level much... that can put a LOT of strain on the server and slow search down by a lot. That's a bit much just so trenz can see his first post.

if it would slow down the forum it would be removed, but at the moment it doesn't look like a problem.

the penguin is back and a couple of other old posticons.

It shouldn't slow it down. The results are paged so its not like extra strain is put on the server (seeing as mysql has LIMIT, which allows you to specify start/stop). Though could be wrong :)

But it has been like that all these years, doesn't seem to slow it down though :)

The page caching is good.

[edit]You should restore the :p :) etc icons back too, hopefully in a few days?

Yes, the old smilies will be back eventually. Sometime tomorrow is my guess.

The images will be changed so no need to complain about those. :) If you are complaining about the new features, please explain. Thanks.

Ok, I'm off to bed now. I'll deal with any suggestions and complaints when I wake up. And don't worry, the design will get better during the next few days.

Back