• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ThE LongesT ThreaD EveR

I was on Google News and on the top it said Updated 9 minutes ago. I refreshed the page after 30 seconds and it now said Update 5 minutes ago. So I thought to myself "Sneaky Bastards".

So I then went and searched the term Sneaky Bastards, the top Google result was a Digg link. Here is the outcome: http://i39.tinypic.com/16abhn7.jpg

They pay pretty decently though, I used to have screensavers with their thing bundled and it was generating heaps of profit. I had to shut down the whole operation though, turned out you can't use copyrighted photographs to make screensavers and then distribute them for free without giving any credits to anyone anywhere.

Shame they don't do it the best way.

e/: Oh, they're gone? Says "Defunct: 2009" on the Wiki, even @ Zango.com it's a redirect.

Yeah says on the Wiki too, the owner took a $4.6M bankruptcy while he could.

In a personal bankruptcy filing following a January 2009 $4.6 million judgment in favor of a former employee, Zango's CEO stated that the company was in default to a bank consortium for over $44 million. On April 20 2009, industry magazine ComputerWorld reported that Zango had "closed its doors".

I have to go back to windows on my secondary computer. :'(
I bought a new monitor (LG 22" 1920x1080) and am trying to connect the old one, which was really a TV to the Ubuntu comp.
The TV has a native resolution and refresh rate of 1600x1200_60 for the VGA input. The problem is that, the resolution is meant to be none-wide 4:3 (refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vector_Video_Standards2.svg).

The nvidia-settings (its got nv geforce 8600 GTS installed) does not allow non standard resolutions, and when I change it in xorg.conf file it just doesnt do anything after restarting gdm.

the settings thing has a custom resolution field but changing that just changes the desktop size and not the actual resolution which is pretty gay.

Back