• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Stay away from SI!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Archbob
I make only about $25 per month from them, but they have paid me without question. Funny they "randomly"
kicked you out but "randomly" decided to pay me.
I think you misread me? I'm assuming that was a reply to me because randomly was in quotes, however they have paid me on-time everytime..

<off topic>Welcome Jeff! Nice to see another friendly face here :) Your knowledge and experience will be well regarded </off topic>

Whilst I am not an affiliate of SI, I do know from observation (and word of mouth) that there are MANY happy campers at the SI campsite :classic2:

Thanks Jan :) It's good to find another resource for advertising and affiliate programs, some of the others have been having a real lack of posts lately. Just discovered this site today, and just HAD to chime in about this one!

My partner and I actually have a saying, I would rather have $300 dollars from SI then $600 from another company, because frankly SI has been one of the ONLY companies we can rely on as steady income! Just shames me to see people try to bring things like this into public with the sole intent of damaging a companies reputation. I for one know if I was having an issue with a company, the best way to get things corrected isn't to go into a public tirade :) People need to remember SI is run by humans too, and the best way to get what you want from a human isn't to crap on their business verbally, call them liars, morons and other such insults :)

Archbob - That's ok, I probably was just mistreading :)

Surprise! A first time anonymous poster bashing SI. :rolleyes:

"Steve Hunt,"

Adbility.com is not a "respected industry professional." The site is run by Lee Bottemiller, a gentleman who purchased the site for a few thousand dollares from it's previous owner.

I can buy a website about Mars and it does not make me an expert on all things martian. It means I own a website. :)

Just because someone puts up a website, and other websites are about providing "independant verification" , doesn't mean that there is any validity to their nonsence.

I contacted Mr. Bottemiller about his accusations. His responce was not what I would expect from a "respected industry professional."

1) Mr. Bottemiller does not even know if the persons supposedly complaining about SI are even our affilaites. I asked who specifically was accusing us of not paying them. He refused to answer. I informed him that SI recieves many emails every day from people asking for address changes or asking questions and they do not even belong to SI's programs. We get mail daily from affilaites of PopUpSponsor, SearchReferral, SearchBucks, etc.

2) Mr. Bottemiller does not know if the same person hasn't sent him multiple complaints. Nor has he bothered to check.

3) I offered to allow Mr Bottemiller (or his proxy) to visit our offices, completely unnannounced, and inspect documents, cancelled checks, or whatever else they like. He refused saying "send me whatever you want."

4) Mr. Bottemiller has no qualms at all about opening affilaite accounts with SI and profiting off of the signups he refers to us. He has open and active accounts in most of our programs earning referral income. He hides this by using javascript rollovers to hide the affilite ID's.

It seems illogical to me (and to most honest webmasters I suppose) that any affilaite program would find it in their best financial interest to rip-off their super-affilaites. Wouldn't logic dictate that affilaites earning over $1000.00/month would be the ones in the best position to persue legal action? Why $1000.00/month? Yahoo!, ESPN.com, Hotmail, MSNBC.com and other companies currently advertise for SI. I assure you that they make well, well, in excess of Mr. Bottemiller's threshold.

Unfortunately the larger a firm gets, the more persons there are with their own private agendas for wishing that company ill will. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someday SI will be able to have 10,000 sites devoted to how terrible we are just like
Wal-Mart. :eek:

Originally posted by shunt

As a small webmaster, income wise, it is understandable you would think this. But, I've seen way too many highly respected professionals report that SI does in fact treat their larger webmasters in a very unprofessional way.

If you want to email me off the board I'll give you some links to look at that would probably be inappropriate to post here, as they are on other discussion sites and other ad review forums. But when industry experts like the people at adbility.com back up the accusations being made by some of the disgruntled webmasters here, I have to give it a lot of credibility. And the way their reps respond here only make me more convinced that the critics were probably right.

Feel free to send me a private email, I'll give you some reading material. Not that it matters really, as a small webmaster, it is unlikely to effect you ever. They seem to only do this to accounts that have been owed more than $1000 a month, and the more over you are the more likely it seems you are to be targetted. So you and the others who have praised SI in this thread really are not the sorts who would be able to refute the allegations in any way that is relevant.

I better not say more, it seems like the webmasters here are quick to edit or remove posts and ban people. I've tried to stay within the rules here, but who knows when the rules seem to be so discretionary.

Steve Hunt
Stockton, California
I really do have a hard time believe this, and frankly (at no offense to you) I wouldn't believe most of your reading material, as people who got thrown out for whatever reason are obviously going to be extremely bias.

While I may not make that much with SI, I don't consider myself a small webmaster, nor does my partner who makes triple my ammount with SI (He uses their programs exclusively, while I do not). Strangely enough he hasn't had any problems either =)

You know, come to think of it a while back I had a small problem with SI. Back when they were changing the terms for Searchtraffic to allow only 1 searchbox per page. Well apparently I didn't see that term, and had 2 searchboxes on 1 page for the longest time. They didn't 'flat out' ban me like they could have, instead a few e-mails were thrown back and forth, problem solved, and everything went back to normal. That's proof enough for me they aren't just 'looking for reasons' to kick people, because technically I had violated one of their terms, however they easily understood that term wasn't a big deal (especially since it doesn't exist anymore ;). If they wanted to 'money grub' my account would be gone, i'm sure.

Anyhow, it's all just speculation, because I doubt I will be able to convince you SI is good if you have had a bad experience, and you won't be able to convince me they are bad until I have a bad experience :)

Toodles!

I love Wal-Mart. :) I was just using it to illustrate a point....

I've said before on other forums that SI has had in excess of 100,000 affiliates come and go over the last 3 years. If 1/2 of 1% of those people were somehow displeased it means that there are 500 folks walking around out there with an axe to grind.

We do our best to treat our affilaites (and our advertisers) as best we can. Our admins occassionally make mistakes (just like affilaites do). Thats why we check, double check, and then save and document everything. If there is ever an issue a supervisor can review emails, HTML, IP's or pretty much all we have pertaining to a particular issue.

We've had instances where people have complained on a webforum and I personally reviewed their issue and overruled the admin. But 99.9% of the time the admin is correct.

There are hundreds of thousands of people in prison in the USA as we speak. I'm confident that somewhere, someone has been imprisoned who was innocent. Despite all the safe guards, despite all the appeals processes, it's bound to happen when you're dealing with that many people. Does this mean that the doors of all prisons whould be swung open? Or that the USA legal system should be disbanded? Hardly....

We use every reasonable and prudent method to document to document and combat fraud (It's one of the reasons SI is still around while most other programs foded years ago). When we see a person sending thousands of clicks from blank pages, sending those thousands of clicks from open proxy IP addresses, and providing us with SSN's that are not thiers we pretty much have it wrapped up that this person is attempting to defraud us.

But other folks with their own agendas will still come along and badmouth us. :confused:

Originally posted by Robert from SI
It's ironic that a person who makes statements such as "Robert regularly lies about accounts" comments about slander. :rolleyes:

I'm sure the success of SI's programs over the years must be a bitter pill to swallow for some folks.

Luckily we just smile, keep focused on our work, and keep our affilaites and advertisers happy. :)

BTW: CellularPhones.com is now the largest online retailer of cell phones in the USA. We're doing 50% of the volume that BestBuy, CircutCity, and RadioShack do. And we do it out of one 8,000 square foot office with 40 peopleas opposed to hundreds of locations and thousands of employees. How about that! :)

Oh shut up. Nobody cares. :rolleyes:

I think everyone remembers my problem with SI. Robert insisted I was cheating them and so on. Well I got my money finally a month or so ago. Just arrived out of the blue. Iemailed Robert and he has no idea why I got the check after all this time.

If I cheated SI why was I paid?

:D Good for you venomx.

I hope it has cleared your bank. He probably frantically called the bank to put a stop payment to it.

Originally posted by Robert from SI
Adbility.com is not a "respected industry professional." The site is run by Lee Bottemiller, a gentleman who purchased the site for a few thousand dollares from it's previous owner.

I contacted Mr. Bottemiller about his accusations. His responce was not what I would expect from a "respected industry professional."

1) Mr. Bottemiller does not even know if the persons supposedly complaining about SI are even our affilaites. I asked who specifically was accusing us of not paying them. He refused to answer. I informed him that SI recieves many emails every day from people asking for address changes or asking questions and they do not even belong to SI's programs. We get mail daily from affilaites of PopUpSponsor, SearchReferral, SearchBucks, etc.

2) Mr. Bottemiller does not know if the same person hasn't sent him multiple complaints. Nor has he bothered to check.

3) I offered to allow Mr Bottemiller (or his proxy) to visit our offices, completely unnannounced, and inspect documents, cancelled checks, or whatever else they like. He refused saying "send me whatever you want."

4) Mr. Bottemiller has no qualms at all about opening affilaite accounts with SI and profiting off of the signups he refers to us. He has open and active accounts in most of our programs earning referral income. He hides this by using javascript rollovers to hide the affilite ID's.

I never knew any of that. I have been with SI for a while now and always paid on time.

I must admit the review from Mr. Bottemiller site, did make me a little worried. I think mainly because of the way I found his site. If you apply to Burstmedia and get rejected they send you an email advertising his site telling you to look there for alternative ways to make money from your site.

The funny thing is, his review of burstmedia is not favourable! lol

Robert SI

Been reading this interesting thread and have some cuestions I think should be answerd:

1) How do you know that (25XXX Industrial Blvd. APT. Z 2309) is a drop box ??

2) As I'm not an American, and therefore do not know much about your SSN number, I just wonder, how do you check it. And more important, how do you make sure that it is the right one that is being checked. I mean the publisher could have mistyped, you could have misread, and mistyped the number you send to the Social Security Administration, they can misread your typing and so on..... (where I'm from, the system is easy, the date of birth then 4 digits, where the last digit if it's even that you are a woman and not even, then you are a man).

3) If you suspect some publishers of cheating, why don't you suspend, that account, send the publisher a mail and take the dialog there. Insted I understand that you close the account (whithout notifying the publisher), stop sending the checks, BUT keep sending the ads. When the publisher then reacts to the missing checks, then he is notifyed, that his account have been deactivated.

4) Do you charge the advertisers for the ads that has been runing in the period, on such a deactivated account ??? Well if you do, are you not then cheating the advertisers ????

5) As I understand, it is your sole opiniun whether a publisher is cheating or not, and whether the account should be closed or not. Or do you have some outside where a publisher could "try" his/her case. You must remember, when You have the power to decide wheter to pay or not, and there is no outside appeal posibility, then the publisher have only one thing to do, if he/she feels mistreated, and that is to scream WOLF as high as posible, to warn other publishers.

Martin
Martins Demi Moore Site
http://users.cybercity.dk

Hello,

What I dont understand is the fact that Robert is the CEO of SI, therefore why doesnt he use his time more effectively rather than responding to the hundreds of compliants he gets from forums. I see he answers all compliants across all forums, why doesnt he just hire someone. Probably would be time better spent.

Robert, since you work for SI, i need to ask a Question..
I'm a member of Popuptraffic.com...
Look im young and barely getting all this business crap in to my system..
Anyways, do checks below 100 bucks a month get reported to the IRS? and does that take a bite out of my check? I been using popupsponsor.com and they paid me so far 100% of what my account statements...
But all checks have been very low below 80 bucks a month. Also if i make lets say 55.25 a month using popuptraffic.com i will get paid that full? Or less because of the tax or whatever irs does...
LOL yeah ignore my ignorance in irs and check payment stuff, just want to finnaly understand how it works... really
All i been doing so far is getting checks and changing them with my ID at local Check and Cash Stores...

Forever Jason you said

"What I dont understand is the fact that Robert is the CEO of SI, therefore why doesnt he use his time more effectively rather than responding to the hundreds of compliants he gets from forums"

I guess Robert sees the view of SI as important in such forums where small webmasters hang out. We are his future.

SI does not report earnings unless they totall more than $400 a year. Thats the standard right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back