• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Stay away from SI!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Robert from SI

BTW: CellularPhones.com is now the ...

I didn't see any values of this post. It's not relavent. Or maybe I should say, the business is growing is simply becuse you delibrately delete others accounts.

Mr. Chen,

I did answer your questions, repeatedly. You keep asking them over. I also have received ALL of your emails. You can stop sending them now please.

It's not surprising to me that persons who don't post here for months suddenly appear to badmouth SI.

Where's Loko-moko? He's part of the gang. :)

NO, you didn't answer my questions. Let's try the quesitons in font size 3. 2 posts higher.

You capitalize "ALL" doesn't mean I sent a lot to you. Let me see, I sent an reply to Tony, (maybe 2); posted the truth about what had happened in si's forum 3 times, no replies, all posts got deleted, my account there got deleted. Send 2 messages to admin@si, no replies.

I believe if I don't post it here, I will never get a reply.

You also never looked into my case like you said you would...

More bull shit from your company.

And as I saw above with taxes, if my earnings are reported, which should be $0 since I was not paid, I will file suit as well.

Peo , are you going to ban everyone that says something bad about you or SI?

If wwalsh gets banned, Robert deserves it as well.

You can NEVER stop them by banning single names, try all you want, its a joke and fun to them to drive you crazy.

With open proxies all over the world, free email, etc, nothign will stop them.

Grow up and if you ignore them, they will see you don't care and will stop.

loko-moko,

I'm sorry you're so bitter.

I did respond to your question long ago. We don't pay referral commissions on fraudulent traffic. The individual that you referred did not send legitmate traffic and his account was terminated.

I'm sorry if you disagree with this but otherwise persons could referr their brother, run a hitbot overnight, and then demand they be paid 5% of the illegitimate "earnings."

It has nothing to do with my referal, we have gone thru this a hundred times now and took it to email.

You said you would look into my account "next week" since you had to go out of town back in Sept.

Remember the "Go Lions"

You never replied after that.

I wasn't aware there was another issue beside the referral $$$.

Please resend. I do remember the "Go Lions" email. You're welcome to call to discuss as well.

Believe it or not I do a lot of things besides discuss disputes on chat boards. I can't remember the particulars of every issue or every email.

Originally posted by loko-moko
Peo , are you going to ban everyone that says something bad about you or SI?

That's funny... He's the only one being banned. If you don't count wwalsh, wwalsh2, wwalsh3, wwalsh4, wwalsh5, wwalsh6, wwalsh7, wwalsh8 and wwalsh9 as different persons? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by loko-moko
Grow up and if you ignore them, they will see you don't care and will stop.

Eh? How would ignoring abusers make this forum better?

Many others abuse it just as well.

Was PhiliBoy banned or was his post just removed, you did not make that clear when you edited his comment.

I am sure there are others, I haven't looked thru the first page on this thread to see who was banned tehre

loko-moko,

The admins do not take phone calls, nor have they since 1999.

We had too many instances of affilaites claiming that they called up and an admin told them it was acceptable to put our ads on sites written in Portugese or that the admin said it was okay to auto-refresh clicks to us. :rolleyes:

All of their correspndence is done thru email so that there is a paper trail. They save everything.

Call the office tomorrow and ask for my secretary Michele. Tell her who you are and she'll put you thru. Keep in mind I do have meetings and go to lunch and such.

ebird,

Your answers have been given.

You are choosing to ignore them.

No matter how many time I state the facts of the matter you continue saying the same things and imploring me to call you because now you are in the USA.

Robert,

Since your thread seemed to have been deleted regarding your question about logic, I will reply here.

The past 18 months have been very very hectic financially for most companies. Companies are not machines, they are run by people. People are not logical.

If you look at the past hundreds of years, you will find many companies that do many things that are quite illogical.

I have often read both posts from you and the complaints by Mr Walsh on ----------------------.. its actually quite entertaining, but it is also very depressing.

You could have considered me a potential affiliate, but I would never be comfortable not really knowing if I am overpaying for the traffic. Illigitimate traffic is worthless, and no affiliate should have to pay for it, but what is illigitimate traffic? I can't see where this is defined on any of your sites, and it seems to be completely arbitrary. The terms are not very specific.

I think it is probably far more beneficial for my company (and other companies in a similar situation) to simply start their own advertising program and buy ad space directly with affiliate sites.

lib,

We're a net buyer of traffic, not a seller.

We generally define "illegitimate" traffic as traffic which is not the natural occurance of a surfer clicking on a link my thier own interest or free will.

Most bad traffic nowadays is sent from one of two "clicking agent" type hitbots. It very easy to spot it as the traffic all comes from open proxy IPs.

Originally posted by Robert from SI
lib,

We're a net buyer of traffic, not a seller.

We generally define "illegitimate" traffic as traffic which is not the natural occurance of a surfer clicking on a link my thier own interest or free will.

Most bad traffic nowadays is sent from one of two "clicking agent" type hitbots. It very easy to spot it as the traffic all comes from open proxy IPs.

How are webmasters expected to control this type of activity? All ads/popups are hosted on your end. I can't believe that many webmasters are running the bots themselves.

I would expect that after a relatively short amount of time, you could build an open proxy list and start ignoring traffic from those proxies. How can you simply not pay the webmaster for any of the traffic?

Greetings,

Continuing on lib's theme, I wrote this and apparently had it posted, but when I went to view the thread, it had been deleted.

Peo: Any reason why? It seemed like a perfectly rational, peaceful post?

Here's my response to your post, Robert:

Greetings,

Robert: I don't know how similar the demand for your services is to Free Web Hosting, but, as far as RedRival goes, demand is insatiable. I now, personally, hand confirm each account and that's growing from around 50 per day to around 70-80 per day. I do not expect it to stop. In RedRival's "glory days", when we were still ad free, we were pulling in 1000 new accounts every week. That's insane demand.

To get to the point, with such demand, deleting a few accounts here and there, some worth thousands, is a no-brainer(if you're the type of person that likes to hurt others). As it stands, delete the top ten sites on RedRival would dent only a slight fraction of the entire "inventory", meaning that getting rid of one account for immediate gain(if there was any to deleting free accounts) would be to my advantage.

Now, apply this to your case, where there's actual monies earned in these accounts. That's some severe temptation to delete the accounts, confiscate the earnings and claim breach of terms, knowing full well that it's a small dent in your network earnings, in the long run, but a significant gain for your personal pocket.

This is all theoretical, of course. But, I'm sure you can see how this concept might entrench itself in the minds of those who were cancelled.

To be frank, Robert: Your conduct abroad doesn't seem to bring honour or dignity to your company. A search for "Robert of SI" or "standard internet corp" or similar terms on Google brings up some very interesting results, and caches.

At the risk of sounding offensive, which I don't intend on being(it's just a matter of fact, as I see it), I wonder sometimes, reading though various forums on the internet, why your superiors or colleagues don't try to restrain you and restrict your forum posting online, as it seems to hurt your company's reputation more than it helps.

Farewell,

Farewell,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back