• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

StaticHost

BURN3R said:
Lilly has been annoying me right from her first post here, sure none of us like this huge downtime but it's not even StaticHost's fault in the first place, you're just making a fool out of yourself lilly, I just hope none of your customers read your posts here, it will scare them off right away... Didn't your parents teach you any manners?

I'm just glad everything is up again and I hope StaticHost will survive all of this and continue to be the great host they have always been.

Oh and btw Anth it says this right on your front page: "We are a UK based company and welcome clients from around the world." might wanna change that since you said you are also based in the USA. :classic2:

Yes my parents did! - thank you very much -as they did in telling the truth as you see it -my father spent 6 years fighting in WW2 to allow me the freedom you and others seem to object me using- there is nothing foolish in expressing a legitmate point of view - if you object to that I believe the state of China can accomodate you - since you really know nothing about my parents I suggest you keep your trap firmly shut - do not try to indulge your immature rantings by making any reference to something {i.e my parents} you have no part in expressing a view upon :shame:

Last edited:
lillybet said:
Yes my parent did thank you very much as they did in telling the truth as you see it -my father spent 6 years fighting in WW2 to allow me the freedom you and others seem to object me using- there is nothing foolish in expressing a legitmate point of view - if you object to that I believe the state of China can accomodate you

Well, I think there are a few flaws with this view. First, this is a private forum I believe, not a public one, so your right to free speech does not technically apply here since the moderators will certainly censor anyone who is out of control. Secondly, your opinions are subject to libel laws so if you are simply expressing your emotional outpouring you should probably be very careful when you wilfully post derogatory statements. Lastly, the foolish part is not the act of expressing your opinion but rather the content of the message that you choose to express. Anyway, I think what others were doing was not telling you that you had no right to speak, they were saying that your incessant whining and bickering made them all a little glum. :)

Last edited:
Well I object to anyone bringing in issues about my parents - simply as that matey!

Since I have evidence - bring on the libel I say!

If I make you [others] glum times that by how my 34 clients feel - and then try {guessing} how many others feel glum! - its a non-contest pal! The referee stopped the fight in the 1st round.

Plus gawd knows how many people are still TOTALLY in the dark about what happened to their site - I completely stumbled over this forum by chance - I see nothing on statichosts site aknowledging anything about this - do you?

Last edited:
I must say lillybet i went from feeling sorry for you to feeling no pity at all. The more i read your posts here,the more i am convinced you brought it on yourself.
Let me ask you this! How cheap did you get your package from Statichost and how much have you charged your clients? If you have a client base then shouldn't you have paid much more for your package from a large reputable company like an ISP?

I take it that your clients blame you (so they should), and you don't like that so are quite happy to run your abusive campaign here against Statichost. But what I can't understand is this!
It's obvious that statichost couldn't control the actions of another party (just like yourself) and yet you have no sympathy because of that fact. Would it also then be fair to assume that your clients should run an abusive campaign again you? I see no difference whatsoever! If there is explain it to me.

I did not say anything about your parents, that was merely a figure of speech/writing.
I'm sure you already knew that but you just had to complain about something that wasn't right about what I said about you, that didn't leave you much more than this figure of speech/writing that you misinterpreted.
Your family isn't the issue here, StaticHost isn't the issue here, YOU are the one with issues, please don't take it out on others.
Just stick with what you said before, you made your point, leave like you said (promised) and get on with your life.

Dunno:

1. Not looking for sympathy from anyone - its a toe in the water of hosting for me and fingers burnt - certainly nothing you/anyone can say will really damage or upset me to be frank - I am trying to stick up for my {ill] informed clients and those who know f~ck all what is going on with StaticHost.
2. Thats between me and my clients - I would no more tell you that than I would ask you your inside leg measurement! I do take responsibilty for my clients - thats why i refunded them and or offered them alt host over 2 days ago and/or told them what I knew when I knew it - thats a bit of a counterpoint to statichost
3. Its abusive to be lied to and misled is it? - hmm strange world we inhabit then?
4. The only one I am 'taking it on' is statichost - you are free to defend them if you like - the 'facts' are that if I had not stumbled on this forum I would have know f~ck all for 4+ days - statichost controlled the issue of information between themselves and their clients - I knew who my 34 clients where and kept them informed - why was I left in the dark and had to blunder here to find out anything? Sure my clients have had a go at me - least I would expect and I take it on the chin and deal with it {see above} - will I loose/lost clients - yes -have I lost money - yes -will I go out of business - maybe more likely yes

After the sycophantic cheering by some in this forum for a failed host like statichost I do not think I want to bother with this type of business

Burn3R

Frankly the minute you even mentioned my parents means you will continue to get complete short shrift from me - figure of speech/writing or not -apologise like an adult -otherwise f~uck off

Last edited:
FWS moderators - don't you think it's time to step it and sort this one out, it's never too late and just get this lilly to take her bag of complaints somewhere else or on another thread.

Seriously I and am sure many others on this thread are getting sick of all this no-good whining. I understand everyone in indeed entitled to his/her own opion, but this has just gone too far. First lilly moves to another host, fine! then she comes back and keeps whining - ok, the she says (promises rather) that she won't whine, then she keeps coming back to whine.

FWS mods, stop this nonsense, and let the others who are still StaticHost clients, continue with their updates and troubleshooting via this thread.

Thank you.

PS: If you find something defamatory or offensive in any of my posts in this thread lilly, please, by all means come and SUE me!

My question still hasn't been aswered but you did a good job of 'skirting' around it.
I have no interest in how much you charge and the question was merely rhetoric but I guess you knew that as it gave you an opportunity to evade the fundermental question of 'why did you go with a cheap hosting company when you had a client base?'

Sure I can post here - people need to know how crap you are!
I must look up the word abusive.

Listen I am not defending Statichost, I simply wanted to know the difference between you and them. There are plenty of websites out there which are full of complaints about resellers. Most because the companies they use are cheap budget hosting ones.
Are you also at fault?

I am happy to stay with Statichost and due to my total agreement with college-student I will make this my last post on the subject

I'll reopen this thread for those who wish to continue to discuss StaticHost. However, I suggest lillybet to calm down or stay away from this thread. You've made your point and everbody who reads this thread will already know how you feel about StaticHost.

I am calm!

re-read the thread from beginning to end - I have!

Accepting my interpretation could be wrong!- this is what I precis the facts are

StaticHost went offline at least on the 4/7/05 - {other posts lead me to believe this isn't the first occurence} " 2 weeks ago they were offline for 22 hours- 4 days ago they were offline for 6 hours" thats in the thread for all to read - I guess interp of these actual dates could be debatable

The first 'promise' to be online was made that they would be online 8/7/05 - subsequent there is a quote on 8/7/05 'we are starting to copy files over'

Anyway it goes on you can read it as I have done and if its done to death -well so be it

I am not whining or complaining- I have no experience of a forum like this or hosting per se sufficient to really argue tekkie stuff with anyone -I am big enough to apologies to anyone who I have upset {already proven in this thread - back -read it as I suggest - my point, my objection, my demetia!- whatever you want to call it- is around being misled and uninformed and being stuck for over 3 days with no info until blind luck led me here

Statichost appears to me {the unitiated} to have got away scott-free! - I would humbly suggest most of their clients are like me - new to the hosting game or internet hosting - and would have not the foggiest ideas why there site was offline cause I cannot for the life of me see anything on the statichost site that indicates they ever had a problem! - unless 'they' are sad like me lol or stumble here, how will they ever know or be able to judge the varacity of statichost as a good or bad host?

Someone should stand up for the little guy- this forum feels a little to me like a big boys club where new members are scorned or unworthy - maybe thats me- maybe I went to far in my stength of feeling- but at least I tried to express an honest point of view

My point? what happens to this host now? - are there no governing bodies or like so as you can judge their worthiness or not- the site time stats I have read say they are/have 100% uptime- so you cannot believe these - surely there must be an acknowledgment somewhere of this hosts failings or am I missing the point again and this is just a 'closed shop' where outsiders are sent to Coventry?

Last edited:
I only have two things to say:

* The davinci ftp server still can't be accessed; Firefox says, "421 unable to secure anonymous FTP."

* By Odin's Beard, lillybet... using dashes (or anything else) parenthetically requires at least an iota of stylistic consideration. Having six of them in one sentence makes my eyes go blurry. Please: the internets is a medium for communicating information, not headaches.

Last edited:
college-student said:
FWS mods, stop this nonsense, and let the others who are still StaticHost clients, continue with their updates and troubleshooting via this thread.

I dont want to start an argument but shouldn't a decent hosting company be able to troubleshoot/update their customers themselves or via their own site without having to use a 3rd party website???

lol, this on the statichost server status page gave me a laugh:

"If any of the above servers are listed as down then it is likely that a member of staff are fixing it so contacting support will just prolong the process."

Last edited:
I think we all agree that StaticHost made some mistakes, espacially with the lack of communication towards members.
Since the main page (satichost.co.uk) was also down most of the time I was only somewhat lucky to even find this thread in the first place, this all doesn't make them a bad host or bad people, it simply shows that they are somewhat new to this business and I am sure they will learn from their mistakes.
My advice to StaticHost: keep a list of all your clients email addresses somewhere on a different server or local computer.
That way you can send emails out as soon as something goes wrong, if people know what's going on then they will less likely get mad.

lillybet said:
I am calm!
You've been ranting like a lunatic at points, actually.

lillybet said:
I am not whining or complaining
Whining or complaining is acceptable. You experienced some bad service. Calling for their downfall, trying to rally everyone against them and use of foul language and bullying tactics are not.

lillybet said:
Statichost appears to me {the unitiated} to have got away scott-free!
It is my understanding they will be giving refunds or credits to their clients. That means they will be going through the same monetary problems you will. How is that "scott-free"?

lillybet said:
how will they ever know or be able to judge the varacity of statichost as a good or bad host?
Use the resources you have available to you. If you feel that strongly about it, file with the BBB. But I think you've gone from angry client to vindictive obssessed client way too quickly. If they've refunded your money and you've moved on to a new host then take a deep breath and call it lesson learned. Coming here and expressing your displeasure over and over (and over) again is pointless. We got your message the first few times.

lillybet said:
this forum feels a little to me like a big boys club where new members are scorned or unworthy - maybe thats me- maybe I went to far in my stength of feeling- but at least I tried to express an honest point of view
There are always those people on some forums that just can't control themselves. They rant and curse and feel attacked no matter what anyone says to them. Honestly, I don't think you're one of those people. You just got burnt when your server went down and showed your anger. But you're approaching the point where people will start to side with StaticHost in regard to your situation because you're a little too unforgiving in your stance against them. This is not something they did on purpose. It was a mistake. One they can fix.

lillybet said:
what happens to this host now? - are there no governing bodies or like so as you can judge their worthiness or not- the site time stats I have read say they are/have 100% uptime- so you cannot believe these - surely there must be an acknowledgment somewhere of this hosts failings or am I missing the point again and this is just a 'closed shop' where outsiders are sent to Coventry?
What happens is StaticHost struggles for a bit because they've lost some money with this crisis. If they are serious about being a decent host, which I firmly believe they are, they learn from this lesson and set up their website on a server away from their clients sites so it will still be up when client's sites goes down. They'll implement a warning system where they can quickly notify customers about downtime via email in one stroke so everyone will be informed. If they don't already, they'll add their support contact information to their welcome email so that future customers will know that they offer an MSN chat support option (how I noticed they were down). Once they get all the problems worked out they can update their website to reflect any changes (including site uptime stats) as a result of this event. But, no, there is no body that regulates web hosting.

If you truly are bent on the demise of this company because they weren't quite prepared for a disaster of this magnitude, then submit to the BBB and write bad reviews on the review sites. But just remember that people will judge them not just for your comments but for their actions and replies to your comments. They might just come out looking better than ever when they pull themselves together and solve the problems presented by this hardware failure.

What is BBB? Remember I am unitiated!

I thought there might be something or someone who regulated the 'industry' but obviously not - can I assume that anyone can do this then {i.e. set up their own servers etc? } - what do they do- grab a server machine and get some software and hey presto off they go?

Mine {hosting} is just to give or sell to some clients with websites - thats what I thought I was doing {being an host} but I have obv missed a big trick here along the way?

Gosh darn- no wonder its tricky to get hosting right - I am now worried about who I grabbed onto to help me out my crisis as it seems a bit like 'stick you finger in the air' and keep em crossed for luck when it comes to selecting a 'good' host

Maybe I should try being a host like statichost - dont worry only joking :shocked2:

By the way than you for the info as it has been most enlightening I must say- I think I'll chat over what i have found out with a few business colleagues

Last edited:
lillybet, like Peo said you have made your views clear, you need to calm down and stop posting in this thread. If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread then you don't need to post in it. We have better things to do than debate with you, such as do our jobs. :)

Thank you.

Regards,

Steve McManus.

Back