• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

StaticHost

no, I am talking about getting me a backup before having to wait for you server to reload for all I know it can take another month to reload... You should have figured that out by now. And you should be offering your paying customers some kind of something for having this HUGE interuption in service, especially since you will be getting some kind of reimbursement as Layeredtech guarantees 99.9% uptime. Please keep us informed, and why do you not just temporarily move all of our data to your working server, so that those that just want a full-backup can get that and be happy? Oh yeah that is right the way you see it is you would have to remove your free customers. And then if you did that then your customers would take their backup file and go host somewhere else. It does not matter for that, if you want to stay in good standing you should have figured something out immediatley after the deadline for the os reload and it not happening.

Honestly how many customers do you think that you will keep after this?

There is about a 1000 people injured and 45+ dead, people not going home tonight as they are stuck in London and all you lot can worry about is the uptime? Why not keep back up yourselves. I feel sorry if you have lost money through a business. Why not go about rebuilding your site instead of complaining. They are in hosting only recently and yes they are experiencing problems and maybe they could have handled it better but cut them some slack and stop trying to hang them. People are offering you free back up for a length of time. Take it and quit moaning.......

Yes, i understand where you are coming from dendens, however the free backups are just free hosting, they are not to get a backup of your site. In that case I already am on a new server. I just want a simple backup but no, they cannot do that. They also do not offer the available server to us, as it is for their 'FREE' customers.

peace_hope, we are unable to access any of the data on our Proton server at the moment as the server is unplugged and is in Layered Tech's hands.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Steve McManus.

peace_hope said:
Yes, i understand where you are coming from dendens, however the free backups are just free hosting, they are not to get a backup of your site. In that case I already am on a new server. I just want a simple backup but no, they cannot do that. They also do not offer the available server to us, as it is for their 'FREE' customers.
They can't give you an up to date backup if they don't have access to the server themselves.

Learn something from all of this, and make sure to back up your site or sites yourself to your own harddrive....its the best thing to do.

Jewlz_K

Yes, I have learned a lot during this process. Possibly in the long run, it may have done me more good than harm. I am done expressing my discern. Thank you for trying to get this up soon Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:
hottweelz, please note you have been warned. Whether it's a genuine offer or not. Please do not solicit your services in this thread. That also applies to anyone else. Any off topic threads will be removed.

Just for an update, I have just called the datacenter. I was given a voicemail and I left a detailed message. I am awaiting a call back from them now, I will notify everyone here when that happens.

Update: Layered Technologies have finally responded to our reload ticket, saying the following:

Hello,

We are currently processing reloads and have not made it to your server yet. I'm sorry that it has taken longer than expected. However, you will be notified once the reload process begins. Again I apologize for the wait.

Regards,

Scott Barricklow
Layered Technologies
NOC Technician

Regards,

Steve McManus.

Update: They have finally started the OS reload. Hopefully they won't take too long to complete it, so we can have the server back up ASAP.

Regards,

Steve McManus.

We are obviously not first priority. They told us that they were starting it much earlier in the day, and they still are not done. My trust for this company is withering...

StaticAnthony said:
We are obviously not first priority. They told us that they were starting it much earlier in the day, and they still are not done. My trust for this company is withering...
you should get another server from another DC and move all of your data over once they do get your server back up.
No use in staying with them after all of this downtime.

Back