• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

StaticHost

peace_hope said:
I know that Anthony (Anthony Timberlake) is a 16-year old kid trying to get into the hosting business.)

Is there a reason why that is important? I feel that we manage our company with the best. We strive to offer our customers the newest technology. I appologize if you feel that my age impends on my service to you.

hottweelz said:
And once again, if StaticHost customers need backup, or redirection for the next 24hours or however long it takes, contact me... this applies ONLY to StaticHost customers who maybe losing out, you must remain a Static Host customer once it's resolved and not a Primitive Hosting customer.
Thank you for your kind offer. :)

Update: We are still awaiting an OS reload to be done by our datacenter. It is Due on Thu Jul 7 2005 05:09AM, but hopefully it will be completed much sooner.

Regards,

Steve McManus

I'm shocked that someone with as much experience as you would do that... galaxywebhosting.com ??? Since 1996? On your own since mid-2000? Thats almost 9 years of hosting...

bulldog5046 said:
my that is impressive..... you started galaxyhosting.com when you were just 5 years old!
Eh did you find out his real age or you being sarcastic?... :confused4

StaticHost said:
Thank you for your kind offer. :)

Update: We are still awaiting an OS reload to be done by our datacenter. It is Due on Thu Jul 7 2005 05:09AM, but hopefully it will be completed much sooner.

Regards,

Steve McManus

Good lord!!!! How many OS's are you installing???????

GalaxyWebhosting said:
Shady individual, hmm... i only told 1 person on here about my website, but i didn't relalise his signature... :rolleyes2

I can almost assure you 100% that this person does NOT run LunarPages.com :)

GalaxyWebhosting said:
Shady individual, hmm... i only told 1 person on here about my website, but i didn't relalise his signature... :rolleyes2

well dont be spamming <unt

I am a Static Host customer have full faith in what they are doing, its two days , live with it people there is worse that can happen.. would be nice to get e mail but I got one bette they are on MSN. I agree with Manifest down below , they are a brilliant provider. No hassle at all.

Last edited:
hottweelz said:
I'm shocked that someone with as much experience as you would do that... galaxywebhosting.com ??? Since 1996? On your own since mid-2000? Thats almost 9 years of hosting...
His domain isn't galaxywebhosting.com, it is galaxy-webhosting.co.uk. :)

InetDedicated said:
Good lord!!!! How many OS's are you installing???????
We are installing one OS. We are still waiting for the same OS reload.

Regards,

Steve McManus

I'm also a StaticHost customer. I've been in contact throughout the downtime process with a member of staff who has kept me up-to-date with everything that has been going on. As a customer I can't really ask for more and I, too am being sympathetic about it as they're generally a very good host.

Good luck StaticHost.

Manifest said:
I'm also a StaticHost customer. I've been in contact throughout the downtime process with a member of staff who has kept me up-to-date with everything that has been going on. As a customer I can't really ask for more and I, too am being sympathetic about it as they're generally a very good host.

Good luck StaticHost.
I've learned over the years that your clients will generally stay with you through downtimes, as long as you keep them up to date. Email them let them know your alive. Clients in all buisnesses hate silence.

Afraid I don't share the sympathetic comments by others.
Yes it is good to be kept informed and a 'one-off' can happen to any hosting co but this is quite regular as far as statichost and myself is concerned.
2 weeks ago is was down for 22 hours. 4 days earlier is was down for 6 hours.
This doesn't include the various times it is down for a short time.

I have had in the past, communication with Steve and can't fault him or the 'bang upto date' features of the hosting plan but what good is any of it if you can't use it because of downtime?
I have a mysql db which I desperately need to download into MS excel and unable to. I have a presentation to prepare for thursday evening and have no idea what I am going to do, tomorrow is too late.
I guess the old adage is true, you get what you pay for.
dsm

Thinking about it, referring to my comments above I guess I should also mention that they told me they were going to address the downtine issue and had something planned for later this month. (can't remember what) Shame this happened in the meantime.

dunno said:
I have a mysql db which I desperately need to download into MS excel and unable to. I have a presentation to prepare for thursday evening and have no idea what I am going to do, tomorrow is too late.
We hope to have everything up and running before Thursday evening. Do you not have a local backup?

Jewlz_K said:
I've learned over the years that your clients will generally stay with you through downtimes, as long as you keep them up to date. Email them let them know your alive. Clients in all buisnesses hate silence.

I've got no idea why you quoted me as your post has nothing to do with my post.

Manifest said:
I've got no idea why you quoted me as your post has nothing to do with my post.

I think it had to do with "Keeping the customers informed" and you were stating that you were basically being kept informed by them.. kinda works.

I have a backup from 3 days ago but since we have had another 142 records entered since is it not upto date enough. I was in the habit of backing up once a day but sometimes it is not possible. Importing and analysing the data in excel takes hours and will just need to use my old backup.
Not to worry, we can't change anything so no point moaning about it.
Hopefully tomorrow all will be well

Back