• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

StaticHost

Blitz-Host said:
yes via the IP 72.36.166.194

i think my friend's site password including cpanel have all got reset.

can't access the cpanel with the last set password - no idea what to do.

Steve & Anthony congrats on getting StaticHost's servers working again, pls get all our sites working too, backed up and moved to a new data center.

I think (particularly Steve) may be interested in this :-
Below is copy of full conversation (initiated by Anthony) at roughly 9pm 20th July 05

Anthony - Whatever Tech Podcast released Tonight at 9pm EST! - Message me for details! says:
Hey
Pete says:
Hello
Anthony - Whatever Tech Podcast released Tonight at 9pm EST! - Message me for details! says:
If you have a mic, you can leave a tech question for the first WhateverTech podcast! Use Skype to call --> whatevertech <-- and leave a message. We will play it live. For more details on WhateverTech, message me!
I guess it dosen't matter to you, I have no open friends
Pete says:
Anthony you've lost me a bit I'm afraid - I'm one of your SHIS clients
and that strikes me as a problem?
We have explained things to everyone, we can not elaborate anymore upon it.
What do you expect us to do?

My reply below , before Anthony was "Away"
This is after me cooling off for a few hours - sent at 01:10am 21st July 05

Pete says:
Should I ever decide I want to listen to an arsehole again I'll fart. Don't EVER instigate a chat with me starting with "Hey" - I'm a customer of yours for gods sake. Regards your previous rants at me (for no apparent reason - please quote me one instance where even after 3 weeks downtime I've complained) I'd be grateful if you'd advise whenever you've "personally explained things to everyone"
Pete says:
Name just one instance? - Suffice to say , stay off the pipe , get your bloke in the UK to more than fully refund me and get a grip

Customer Service? What a Tosser!

Pete Jones said:
I think (particularly Steve) may be interested in this :-
Below is copy of full conversation (initiated by Anthony) at roughly 9pm 20th July 05

Hey
Pete says:
Hello
If you have a mic, you can leave a tech question for the first WhateverTech podcast! Use Skype to call --> whatevertech <-- and leave a message. We will play it live. For more details on WhateverTech, message me!
I guess it dosen't matter to you, I have no open friends
Pete says:
Anthony you've lost me a bit I'm afraid - I'm one of your SHIS clients
and that strikes me as a problem?
We have explained things to everyone, we can not elaborate anymore upon it.
What do you expect us to do?

My reply below , before Anthony was "Away"
This is after me cooling off for a few hours - sent at 01:10am 21st July 05

Pete says:
Should I ever decide I want to listen to an arsehole again I'll fart. Don't EVER instigate a chat with me starting with "Hey" - I'm a customer of yours for gods sake. Regards your previous rants at me (for no apparent reason - please quote me one instance where even after 3 weeks downtime I've complained) I'd be grateful if you'd advise whenever you've "personally explained things to everyone"
Pete says:
Name just one instance? - Suffice to say , stay off the pipe , get your bloke in the UK to more than fully refund me and get a grip

Customer Service? What a Tosser!

Totaly agree he was a tosser to me as well! see post #427 in this thred!

Last edited:
For Gods sake - My sites have been down for over 3 weeks (sorry to blaspheme [again!]) - how's it somebody else's fault you're not intelligent enough to have a plan 'B' if LT / whoever's servers are down? One goes on vacation , the other appears to go on the bong? Great - helps me no end [not]

We can not use anything until Layered Tech turns back on the server, so we are still in the hands of Layered Tech. Rest assured, as soon as they turn this back on, we will be going straight to backup things, and then the stuff will be moved to a new server.

Steve should update everyone tommarow with the updates about the new server, I will continue to call/monitor Layered Tech on the forums for updates there.

The server is back up, through the IP at: 72.36.166.194

Use http://72.36.166.194/~username to gain access to your site at this time. The domains should be useable by tommarow.

This is the end of the downtime, thank you to everyone that has stayed.

Just so everyone knows:
1 - I have had a short attitude this week because of all this, that is why I may have been ignorant when people were sending me messages when I was trying to work on things. I appologize for this and this will not happen again.

2 - I have made 15 phone calls to numerous people at Layered Tech explaining the problem, and I have not recieved a phone call back. I am really disappointed with how much of a lie their support is.

3 - Steve is the main owner of the company, he pays for the server and controls the money. I own the other half, but since there is not enough profit to make a paycheck, I just put my money back into the company.

We will be offering many different types of backup and support from now on, we have been working on it throughout the next week.

If anyone has any questions, please PM me or post here and they can be answered, as long as things please stay civil.

Thank you to everyone that has tried to get the servers back up, it has helped us because Layered Tech has sped up with doing things, and we are disputing the fact that we did pay the bill.

Last edited:
StaticAnthony said:
The server is back up, through the IP at: 72.36.166.194

Use http://72.36.166.194/~username to gain access to your site at this time. The domains should be useable by tommarow.

This is the end of the downtime, thank you to everyone that has stayed.

Just so everyone knows:
1 - I have had a short attitude this week because of all this, that is why I may have been ignorant when people were sending me messages when I was trying to work on things. I appologize for this and this will not happen again.

2 - I have made 15 phone calls to numerous people at Layered Tech explaining the problem, and I have not recieved a phone call back. I am really disappointed with how much of a lie their support is.

3 - Steve is the main owner of the company, he pays for the server and controls the money. I own the other half, but since there is not enough profit to make a paycheck, I just put my money back into the company.

We will be offering many different types of backup and support from now on, we have been working on it throughout the next week.

If anyone has any questions, please PM me or post here and they can be answered, as long as things please stay civil.

Thank you to everyone that has tried to get the servers back up, it has helped us because Layered Tech has sped up with doing things, and we are disputing the fact that we did pay the bill.

Forget about LT, it's all lies when it comes to tech support from LT. And it's not just lies but a whole load of other illegal activites taking place at their data center. I've had them investigated and a legal team from Boston & the management at SAVVIS are checking LT out fully. I mean how can people who run a data center develop and run funeral solutions and data services for elderly homes, web design and call center packages - all at the same time? there's lots of 'dark' happenings going on at LT - and i'm pretty sure they'll all be revealed as soon as the investigation evolving around them gets published.

All you folks @ StaticHost need to do now is get SHIS clients' data backed up and moved to another server asap. A server that is not connected to LT in any way!

And may i please suggest that this time you have your mail server seperate from your web server and a test server as well. So in case any downtime occurs, StaticHost can inform their clients by mailing/keeping in touch with them plus post their updates, etc on their test server.

Thanks to FWS and the mods here for providing space for StaticHost & their clients to communicate all thru the down time. :)

Question.........

I have changed HOST for now but I am unsatisfied with them http://www.lytenhost.com/ they are not replying to my mails, I like statichosts services I would like to countinue with them but what r your plans Steve to prevent future problems, pls. tell us all so we can be sure. Also, will u be shifting from LT to another server , If yes then when and Will it cause again a DOWNTIME.

Last edited:
college-student said:
Anything we can do to get LT to sort out the mess they've caused apart from petitions & giving LT bad reviews online?
Why badmouth layeredtech? It is up to statichost to sort out the problems they have with them.

Jan said:
Why badmouth layeredtech? It is up to statichost to sort out the problems they have with them.

not badmouthing them at all, just requeste them to get their act all cleaned up.....

like i said before, it's ok for a data center like LT to name and use ppl as scapegoats and take their time with handling tickets - like over 2 weeks but it's not ok for clients like us who see LT's bad treatment for StaticHost to voice our concerns and make known that the 'treatment' and 'tech support' is unacceptable.

the good thing is that this whole mess is now cleared up and hopfully SHIS will find another data center asap and move away from LT. Hopefully LT will learn that they need more staff and a better approach to handling tech and customer support.

;)

college-student said:
you're right, ftp and http are up as well :) but out cpanel/ftp passwords have all got reset.

They are the same as they was when they was reset before so if you got your password with in the 2-3days they was up in the middle there be the same as then!

StaticAnthony
please check your Private Messages!

----------------------

StaticAnthony
please check your Private Messages!

Yes, everything is all up. Please wait for the e-mail of your new password, or use the password - reset tool by selecting cancel when signing into the cPanel.

Back