• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

StaticHost

And look what i found

And look what i found :Two Web hosting cos. caught in movie flap

From the January 14, 2005 print edition

Jeff Bounds Staff Writer
[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif] [/font] [font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif] Two Dallas Web hosting companies have been swept into a recent crackdown by the Motion Picture Association of America on operators of 100 Web sites and servers that supposedly help people swap and download free copies of movies and television shows. [/font][font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Neither The Planet Internet Services Inc. nor Layered Technologies are named as defendants in two civil cases seven film studios brought in federal district court in Dallas against the unspecified operators of two Web sites.
[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]The studios are suing the operators of two sites, TorrentBox.com and Loki Torrent.com, which supposedly contain indexes of files available for download on peer-to-peer file-sharing networks, court papers say.
[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif] Todd Abrams, Layered's president, says the company is working both with its client and the MPAA in providing information that has been subpoenaed or requested. Layered hosts both Loki Torrent's site and its tracker.
[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif][/font]

BeAware of LT's other hosting company

Todd Abrams who's the CEO & Preisdent of LT owns 'High Margin Ventures' in Texas - a company under which LayeredTech & allNEO operate.

Layered Technologies (LT) & allNEO are both the same company - owned and operated by High Margin Ventures.

[ High Margin Ventures
4251 Millview Lane
Dallas, TX 75287
US]

the toll free number, phone & fax listed on LT: http://www.layeredtech.com/contact.shtml

is the same as the contact info posted on allNEO:
http://allneo.com/index2.html

i did a whois on LT and allNEO's domains and they both belong to LT.

I wouldn't go for either company in the future - given that they got such serious problems like lack of business professionalism, unsatisfactory customer/tech service + poor server performance!

Just posting so that curent & future clients would be aware of this.

We are looking for other companies to host the server with, we are really looking into it so that the same problems do not arrise. We will be up within the next week, and there will be no downtime.

someone was getting on me for offering 99.9% uptime guarantee. Now you are offering NO downtime?

I bet you, that you will have downtime sometime, so it would be in the best interest of you and your company to not promise or say things that cannot be done. A person would have thought that you would have learned that by now.

But I guess not. :(

We are still waiting for Layered Tech to plug the server back in.

college-student - thanks for finding those threads. It does appear that we are not the only ones who are facing problems with Layered Tech.

I will keep you all updated.

Regards,

Steve McManus.

hello All read this!

Anthony Timberlake - Negative Horizon says:
yeah, we have a greatly designed site
not a template
Luke - Blitz-Host - www.Blitz-Host.net says:
byw blocking your clients is not a waise move
Luke - Blitz-Host - www.Blitz-Host.net says:
btw*
Use the SHIS MSN then, I don't talk about SHIS on this, it's for my friends/family
If you read the TOS, you would know
That's what I thought ----er

This is the cov i just had with Anthony!

He blocked me after!

Few mins later heunblocks me with this...

Lukey - Blitz-Host - www.blitz-host.net - Now Online - Hosting from just £1/$2/€1.5 per month! auto-message: , Please check your pm's in http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/ as some of your clients left you messages and please check your e-mail that goses for you or Steave
I have already read them
Don't tell me how to do things
I have replied to everyone and done everything that is possible as a human being
Lukey - Blitz-Host - www.blitz-host.net - Now Online - Hosting from just £1/$2/€1.5 per month! says:
i was just passing the message on
good for you
have fun with your new hosting

Then blocks me once more!

Last edited:
ok, seems like we're not going anywhere with this! I don't think the problem is now StaticHost or any of they staff/partners any longer, i bet they're just as frustrated as we (their clients) are!

it's now way past my timeline for LT to have plugged back StaticHost's servers, so i'm going to post that alert thread about LT here on FWS, plus every other major webhosting review site and forum. Feel ree to suggest me review sites.

college-student said:
ok, seems like we're not going anywhere with this! I don't think the problem is now StaticHost or any of they staff/partners any longer, i bet they're just as frustrated as we (their clients) are!

it's now way past my timeline for LT to have plugged back StaticHost's servers, so i'm going to post that alert thread about LT here on FWS, plus every other major webhosting review site and forum. Feel ree to suggest me review sites.

I am sorry but it is also down to StaticHost staff. Them being this rude is not on!

1. There are things they can do - they can ring LT them self and get them to pull there finger out,
2. they can post updates more here.
3. They could move there site to the "other server" and have updates on there site with there e-mail.

but yes it is down to LT as well!

twmonline said:
I am sorry but it is also down to StaticHost staff. Them being this rude is not on!

1. There are things they can do - they can ring LT them self and get them to pull there finger out,
2. they can post updates more here.
3. They could move there site to the "other server" and have updates on there site with there e-mail.

but yes it is down to LT as well!

I'm not quite sure as to why anthony was rude or any of the like, I've never had that problem with Steve, he's been ever so prompt - ok there are slips while he's on holiday, but thats cos he's on holiday.

About them posting updates, i dunno how they can post any 'updates' when so many other LT clients have been stating in the past few months that LT doesn't reply to emails sent out to them. The latest complaint coming from AI Internet Solutions where it has been asked "Does LT respond to email?"

To be totally honest I dont see any chance of the downtime ending till steve gets back from holiday because lets face it LT dont seem to want to sort it out without being kicked up the arse and steve understandably cant really get on there case till he gets back from holliday. wich I might add has probably been ruined for him because of all of this so...

cs-web said:
To be totally honest I dont see any chance of the downtime ending till steve gets back from holiday because lets face it LT dont seem to want to sort it out without being kicked up the arse and steve understandably cant really get on there case till he gets back from holliday. wich I might add has probably been ruined for him because of all of this so...

This is very true i fell for steve

college-student said:
Anything we can do to get LT to sort out the mess they've caused apart from petitions & giving LT bad reviews online?

Nope. The only client Layered knows is StaticHost. You're a client of StaticHost, not Layered. They won't listen unfortunately.

mct said:
Nope. The only client Layered knows is StaticHost. You're a client of StaticHost, not Layered. They won't listen unfortunately.

Seems like statichost's issues have been sorted out by LT.

According to Support technician - Jeremy here StaticHost's server (proton) is back online.

but when i try to ping them i don't get any response.

Obviously i've been blamed for inciting hatred and flames/badmouthing against LayeredTech, but seriously I don't look at it as inciting - im not guilty, and if LT are smart enough or wise as they should be now after all this, they'll keep the accusations against me to themselves!

However, they wish to use me as a scape goat. fine so be it! have fun LT admins - and see the consequences for LT or AllNEO or High Ventures will be like ;)

Anyone here (StaticHost clients), successful with getting their sites back online?

college-student said:
Seems like statichost's issues have been sorted out by LT.

According to Support technician - Jeremy here StaticHost's server (proton) is back online.

but when i try to ping them i don't get any response.

Obviously i've been blamed for inciting hatred and flames/badmouthing against LayeredTech, but seriously I don't look at it as inciting - im not guilty, and if LT are smart enough or wise as they should be now after all this, they'll keep the accusations against me to themselves!

However, they wish to use me as a scape goat. fine so be it! have fun LT admins - and see the consequences for LT or AllNEO or High Ventures will be like ;)

Anyone here (StaticHost clients), successful with getting their sites back online?

YES!!! WHM wahooo!!!

Back