• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

StaticHost

LT is on the Savvis Network? Yes that would be a World-Class Data Center. What's the issue?

Oh My Bad... they're showing you Savvis' Tech Support Operations...

Duport said:
Layeredtech use a world case data centre you may find this video interesting, it shows you later inside.

http://www.savvis.net/corp/flash/facilities/index.html

LT uses savvis for theo own needs, savvis services aren't used for LT'c clients.

Secondly, i've been on the phone [yes my bill is gonna' kill me - thank god it's only voip] talking to other current LT Clients, it's not just statichost facing this ridiculous downtime, all LT clients having servers hooked up to ServerRack2 are facing dowtime since June this year.

Another LT client having probs with LT support tickets

Another bad case of LT's OS Reload
(july 2005)

LT Client requesting better service from LT - LT's forum (June 2005)

Need i say anymore?
(july 2005)

---- anyways if this downtime continues for anylonger, like at 6 GMT tomorrow morning (July 20th) i'll have to get my friends to move their servers to other hosts and then when StaticHost fixes up everything i'll advice them, actually i know they'll auotmatically return to staticHost's care.

Steve please keep us updated.

Last edited:
college-student said:
LT uses savvis for theo own needs, savvis services aren't used for LT'c clients.

Secondly, i've been on the phone [yes my bill is gonna' kill me - thank god it's only voip] talking to other current LT Clients, it's not just statichost facing this ridiculous downtime, all LT clients having servers hooked up to ServerRack2 are facing dowtime since June this year.

Another LT client having probs with LT support tickets

Another bad case of LT's OS Reload
(july 2005)

LT Client requesting better service from LT - LT's forum (June 2005)

Need i say anymore?
(july 2005)

---- anyways if this downtime continues for anylonger, like at 6 GMT tomorrow morning (July 20th) i'll have to get my friends to move their servers to other hosts and then when StaticHost fixes up everything i'll advice them, actually i know they'll auotmatically return to staticHost's care.

Steve please keep us updated.

Very intresting to know it not just StaticHost

Layeredtech rent floor space at SAVVIS and have a number of technical support staff working on the SAVVIS data centre floor, Layeredtech did have packet losses this morning due to scheduled maintenance. Yes you don't get the control panel that is provided by SAVVIS and used by SAVVIS's customers, Layeredtech are only renting floor space. But admittedly I have noticed rather a lot of bad reviews coming from Layeredtech recently.

Last edited:
I'm so tempted to post an honest opinion, but it will ratlle some cages, and I've already been accused of stuff... so I'll lay back... but seriously... is LT 100% at fault?

Can anyone name some ways that all of this downtime could have been avoided?

hottweelz said:
I'm so tempted to post an honest opinion, but it will ratlle some cages, and I've already been accused of stuff... so I'll lay back... but seriously... is LT 100% at fault?

Can anyone name some ways that all of this downtime could have been avoided?

staff that kow where the doing and LT staff not to be silly and have better admin staff!

hottweelz said:
To be honest... no... again.. is LT at 100% Fault for all of this downtime? Think about it.
i have and i beleave it was down to LT to start with for having poor hardware! then taking there time over fixing it

Ok, cool. Unfortunately, I believe lots of people should be able to list many steps that could have been done to avoid all of this. While the LT Server is down, none of these customers, as well as the host themselves had to actually suffer this downtime.

This is a business. I'm shocked the customers weren't prepared properly as well as the host.. yet everyone points fingers.

I'm sorry, two of the many networks I have servers on, happen to be my own. I have to argue the LT side as well. You guys are trashing LT right now for sub-par performance... but I run a DataCenter... and as much as I like to think that I "prepare customers" for disaster recovery situations, proactively, I know what it's like to have to say "Sorry, you were given the tools for a Disaster Situation... you didn't utilize them" ... I'm really shocked that many don't get it.

Well there's one really good lesson i've learnt outta this whole episode, next time i apply for paid hosting, i will dig in and check with my host provider to ensure that they're servers nor my plan has in anyway got anything to do with LayeredTech!

I' know my plan and those of my friends hosting plans - we'd move them back to statichost once they take off from LT and get a better data center! And now that i'm shopping for another paid host, i'm making enquries to be absolutely sure that my new plan isn't off LT or anything of of the sort. StaticHost pls come back online fast! as in asap.

thats my 2 cents & thanks for hearing me out. :)

EDITED: The term 'data center' after LT has been removed, i agree that Savvis is fab, but LT surely isn't!

Last edited:
hottweelz said:
... You guys are trashing LT right now for sub-par performance... but I run a DataCenter... and as much as I like to think that I "prepare customers" for disaster recovery situations, proactively, I know what it's like to have to say "Sorry, you were given the tools for a Disaster Situation... you didn't utilize them" ... I'm really shocked that many don't get it.

Yes this is something that I shall be taking up with StaticHost on it's return.

And guy's let's remember... you're upset with Layered Tech, NOT SAVVIS. So I wouldn't use the term Layered Tech's DataCenter. Cuz that would not be accurate and you are ruling out other perfectly good hosts that utilize Savvis (Not Me).

StaticHost - All i want is the data backup nothing else just the backups please can you get it online or give us the back ups pls pls pls

twmonline said:
StaticHost - All i want is the data backup nothing else just the backups please can you get it online or give us the back ups pls pls pls

If you've been following the thread you'd be aware that the answer to that is - no.

twmonline said:
yep but we still have hope!

I've got hope in StaticHost but ZERO trust & hope with LT.

Check this out, more than 5 LT clients including StaticHost are all facing the same problems somewhat, the latest by XignaHosting where the LT client says that 'I ordered a new server and was about to pay when I saw the price was wrong I contacted you (LT) guys to get it fixed it got fixed and under an hour later I was suspended! What the hell? You guys do not read through tickets or what? I have now paid and have NO server.'

Am thinking of posting a thread in FWS about the poor performance by Layered Technologies, and alerting current hosting providers, resellers and future clients about buying their services - obviously LT is not professional enough nor has the right amount of staff to handle their tech problems and hosting business. And i think i'll post that by tomorrow morning if LT haven't reactivated StaticHost's servers yet.

college-student said:
I've got hope in StaticHost but ZERO trust & hope with LT.

Check this out, more than 5 LT clients including StaticHost are all facing the same problems somewhat, the latest by XignaHosting where the LT client says that 'I ordered a new server and was about to pay when I saw the price was wrong I contacted you (LT) guys to get it fixed it got fixed and under an hour later I was suspended! What the hell? You guys do not read through tickets or what? I have now paid and have NO server.'

Am thinking of posting a thread in FWS about the poor performance by Layered Technologies, and alerting current hosting providers, resellers and future clients about buying their services - obviously LT is not professional enough nor has the right amount of staff to handle their tech problems and hosting business. And i think i'll post that by tomorrow morning if LT haven't reactivated StaticHost's servers yet.

good idea!

Duport said:

Well Luke says here:
http://layer0.layeredtech.com/showpost.php?p=6374&postcount=5

that, 'I'm in the middle of selling a site too for a large amount of money and I'm having to use a GMAIL account, very proffesional huh...'

he's prolly selling the old server off for a better one (money from sale of old server towards new server specs) - but it seems like his deal got screwed up due to the crappy service and downtime by LT.

Last edited:
Back