• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Since I joined FWS

Dude... some time between Nov 2009 and now, you only just got your first cellphone?

Back to topic, since I joined, I grew up. Or maybe not. But damn, it's been a freaking decade already?! ---- I'm old. And you there, get off my lawn.

I had a cell phone once, but got rid of it because I really didn't need one.

i couldnt function day to day without my cell unless i was camping or something. just to stay connected, and in town, i need my phone.

Since I joined FWS, I have seen a lot of kids on here grow up and and become more mature in their outlook. I have also seen many grow older and not mature a bit :lol:

Also got myself a few grandkids, lost my little sister to cancer :(, bought many, many domains, joined other forums, decided to live life to the full as you never know when it will be snatched away from you.

Wow, sounds like a few people have done alot...
and no jan, I am not a real heavy drinker, alot of them 100 or so cartons would of been in a 6 month gap when I worked a stressful job..

Wow, sounds like a few people have done alot...
and no jan, I am not a real heavy drinker, alot of them 100 or so cartons would of been in a 6 month gap when I worked a stressful job..

What is a carton? Sounds like 100 cartons would be my average month.

Ummm... wow 10 years was forever ago. I was just starting high school :lol:

I've since graduated from high school, graduated from college, gotten my own place, a job, and a life. Woohoo!

Also seriously, who the hell drinks beer out of a carton?

Here we go....

Since I joined FWS, witnessed September 11th, I dropped out of high school, worked at Cedar Point in Ohio, got entangled in the mystery that is web hosting, got engaged, broke up, worked a steady job for two years while forming my own web hosting business, got engaged again with two step kids and broke up again, quit the steady job, sold web hosting business, moved to Alaska where I went to school for another two years, graduated and returned home to no job opportunities what-so-ever, smoked over 100,000 cigs, quit smoking and started up again. All of that within the span of age 15 to 24.

Last edited:
Since I joined FWS, I have seen a lot of kids on here grow up and and become more mature in their outlook. I have also seen many grow older and not mature a bit :lol:

Also got myself a few grandkids, lost my little sister to cancer :(, bought many, many domains, joined other forums, decided to live life to the full as you never know when it will be snatched away from you.

You have a long history and nice memory. And you have more experience than any of us (i think so ;) )

Meh:

1. Got involved in hosting
2. Got involved in tricky situations
3. Got involved in more hosting
4. Became a FWS Moderator (not a very good one but still)
5. Resigned from FWS
6. Moved from Ireland to Australia
7. Became a Dad
8. Got Married
9. Have two jobs
10. My father died
11. About to become a Dad again
12. About to move house

Yup

7. Became a Dad
11. About to become a Dad again

Bloody hell Dan! Been busy much? :lol: So, me?

1. Got involved in hosting
2. Got into some trouble because of it
3. Mended the broken parts of my life
4. Began a new job in Media
5. Ended up here, today, writing this

Most of my more personal things have been missed out, but that's a simple one..

Oh boy.

Got fat. Parents got divorced a second time. Got skinny. Mom came out as a lesbian. Moved around to 2 middle schools, 3 high schools, 1 university and 2 colleges. Started skateboarding & quit skateboarding twice. Miraculously survived a Jeep rollover @ 70MPH. Almost squashed by freight trains at full speed twice. Run from police countless times. Started a bonfire between the Old 4th Ward and downtown that resulted in the area being swarmed with police. Same place as bonfire, had a graffiti beef fight that ended up 6 (our side) vs. ~40. Of the ~40 they brought, only 2 were willing to fight. Both were on the ground in less than two minutes. Soon after, police swarmed the area again. We got away, about 2-3 of them IIRC were arrested, the rest got away. Sat in the same spot as the bonfire, on LSD, questioning my sanity for 6 hours one night. Squirrels chattering sound scary in situations like that. Two serious relationships, countless others that I could forget. My friend's little brother was murdered by my other friend. It was a drive-by retaliation against friend #1, who is in jail for armed robbery until 2014. Second friend was unaware he was in jail. An acquaintance went to jail for shooting his ex-wife's boyfriend, who beat his 5-year-old son up (justified IMO). Got to hear somebody shot to death underneath the balcony of my friend's 2nd floor apartment. 5 bangs I'll never forget. A week later someone else was shot in the breezeway between the apartments, my friend walked out and watched the man die as the EMTs worked on him. He hasn't been the same. Guy had tried to rob someone and they retaliated. Once when I was desperate for money my friend and I robbed a swim & tennis club in the middle of the night in a rich part of town. The next night we hit another one, only before we could get in the main building the police showed up. I managed to climb a 10-foot fence in the blink of an eye only to snag my jeans on the top. I ripped them out, gashing my leg slightly-sub-butt-cheek in the process. I had to hide in the woods for two hours before I could get back to my car.

That was all up before my 20th birthday. I'm 21 now. Since then I've quit smoking cigarettes and stop doing all drugs - as of pretty much exactly a year. I still drink, although much less. There's tons I've left out, tons you guys don't want to hear, and tons I can't remember. I now work a full-time desk job at a small startup here in atlanta. They aren't very IT savvy, so I've been doing random IT ---- for them. I mostly answer the phones. Oh well. It's money.

I guess if I died tomorrow I would have led an interesting life? If a meaningless one.

Last edited:
Oh boy.

Got fat. Parents got divorced a second time. Got skinny. Mom came out as a lesbian. Moved around to 2 middle schools, 3 high schools, 1 university and 2 colleges. Started skateboarding & quit skateboarding twice. Miraculously survived a Jeep rollover @ 70MPH. Almost squashed by freight trains at full speed twice. Run from police countless times. Started a bonfire between the Old 4th Ward and downtown that resulted in the area being swarmed with police. Same place as bonfire, had a graffiti beef fight that ended up 6 (our side) vs. ~40. Of the ~40 they brought, only 2 were willing to fight. Both were on the ground in less than two minutes. Soon after, police swarmed the area again. We got away, about 2-3 of them IIRC were arrested, the rest got away. Sat in the same spot as the bonfire, on LSD, questioning my sanity for 6 hours one night. Squirrels chattering sound scary in situations like that. Two serious relationships, countless others that I could forget. My friend's little brother was murdered by my other friend. It was a drive-by retaliation against friend #1, who is in jail for armed robbery until 2014. Second friend was unaware he was in jail. An acquaintance went to jail for shooting his ex-wife's boyfriend, who beat his 5-year-old son up (justified IMO). Got to hear somebody shot to death underneath the balcony of my friend's 2nd floor apartment. 5 bangs I'll never forget. A week later someone else was shot in the breezeway between the apartments, my friend walked out and watched the man die as the EMTs worked on him. He hasn't been the same. Guy had tried to rob someone and they retaliated. Once when I was desperate for money my friend and I robbed a swim & tennis club in the middle of the night in a rich part of town. The next night we hit another one, only before we could get in the main building the police showed up. I managed to climb a 10-foot fence in the blink of an eye only to snag my jeans on the top. I ripped them out, gashing my leg slightly-sub-butt-cheek in the process. I had to hide in the woods for two hours before I could get back to my car.

That was all up before my 20th birthday. I'm 21 now. Since then I've quit smoking cigarettes and stop doing all drugs - as of pretty much exactly a year. I still drink, although much less. There's tons I've left out, tons you guys don't want to hear, and tons I can't remember. I now work a full-time desk job at a small startup here in atlanta. They aren't very IT savvy, so I've been doing random IT ---- for them. I mostly answer the phones. Oh well. It's money.

I guess if I died tomorrow I would have led an interesting life? If a meaningless one.

You have a very bad memories buddy :(
Glad I don't!

@Dan You become dad before got married? Is that a mistake or you ment it?

Back