• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Siko Hosting gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repoman, I don't use MSN or any other IM service, do you not keep a list of your clients and their email addresses backed up somewhere? I had no way of contacting you since your website had disappeared, I gave it six days from the day I first noticed it down before taking drastic action such as opening a complaint at PayPal. It's very interesting that you responded within hours of me doing that, yet this thread has been here for a few days.

Heh - I dunno - We make mistakes msrosie.

Some may be harsh and call you on your mistakes, but we are humans, not perfect.

As you said there is really no way to tell if a company is going to stay or die, you really, just don't know.

I know with Rock N Rabbit - we were a local IT company before we even moved into the web business. We made sure we had money for the first year upfront and right off the bat we got hit by some bad server providers.

However with all the bad, gave us a lot of good. We have established many growing contracts with other companies aswell as met alot of great people who are customers of other hosting companies who bought plans annually and are regretting it.

I can help you out - if you have your files, we can get you back online.

As to Richards point - Sure he was a bit harsh and as you said rude, but he is stating the obvious. Some providers are angered by hosts like Siko because they simply add to the growing horrible shared hosting industry. However - I have heard nothing but excellent things about Richard and his solutions, so I know I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him.

Cheers,
Tyler

As to Richards point - Sure he was a bit harsh and as you said rude, but he is stating the obvious. Some providers are angered by hosts like Siko because they simply add to the growing horrible shared hosting industry.
Then he shouldn't treat potential customers as total idiots. He spouted off at her without knowing anything. Forums like these is where I plan who my next host will be if and when I might need one. I research months before I ever need one and their overall attitude on forums like this helps me decide who will be on my short list should I need to switch.

Then he shouldn't treat potential customers as total idiots. He spouted off at her without knowing anything. Forums like these is where I plan who my next host will be if and when I might need one. I research months before I ever need one and their overall attitude on forums like this helps me decide who will be on my short list should I need to switch.

Well said Jan. Couldn't have said it better. :beer:

Repoman, I don't use MSN or any other IM service, do you not keep a list of your clients and their email addresses backed up somewhere? I had no way of contacting you since your website had disappeared, I gave it six days from the day I first noticed it down before taking drastic action such as opening a complaint at PayPal. It's very interesting that you responded within hours of me doing that, yet this thread has been here for a few days.

I know Roland from Jewlzk personally and he told me about this thread. I normally don't visit FWS often now.

Heh - I dunno - We make mistakes msrosie.

Some may be harsh and call you on your mistakes, but we are humans, not perfect.

As you said there is really no way to tell if a company is going to stay or die, you really, just don't know.

I know with Rock N Rabbit - we were a local IT company before we even moved into the web business. We made sure we had money for the first year upfront and right off the bat we got hit by some bad server providers.

However with all the bad, gave us a lot of good. We have established many growing contracts with other companies aswell as met alot of great people who are customers of other hosting companies who bought plans annually and are regretting it.

I can help you out - if you have your files, we can get you back online.

As to Richards point - Sure he was a bit harsh and as you said rude, but he is stating the obvious. Some providers are angered by hosts like Siko because they simply add to the growing horrible shared hosting industry. However - I have heard nothing but excellent things about Richard and his solutions, so I know I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him.

Cheers,
Tyler

Firstly, we had the money for 2 years for our server. We only moved because we were growing and needed a quicker server. Also this is the paid hosting discussion, not bash a host and offer the ex-client hosting.

Also msrosie, yes we do have a backup list but for some reason you were one of the people that was not on it.

repo why didn't you pop in here (FWS) and ask for a favour of a small shared account to get the company site and support system up (just basics not the whole thing as you'll have taken a site backup) and running while the server was down, appreciating a couple of days for DNS it might have saved a lot of trouble for some.

For future ref I'm sure any of the hosts here would help out another in such circumstances so they could at least keep their customers informed and not necessarily trade till they had resolved any problems.

So putting my money where my mouth is so to speak if anyone hits this type of problem either post or pm/e-mail me and I'll help out for sure.:classic2:

PS this is for hosts with a problem not a free for all :devious2:

i actually had a holiday planned 3 weeks before
and the day before i left this happened. I've tried my best. Anyone that know's me in real life know's that i spent around 20 hours of my holiday trying to fix the whole issue.

Pritty professional not having an updated client list, accessable!!!

Having enough money for the server doesn't mean anything. Doesn't stop you from shutting down and running away. I believe poor effort on your behalf.

Cmon , Lets not get carried away , The boy has the guts to come on here and tell his side to the story.

It happens to alot of hosts & its just going to have to be put up with from time to time whoever your hosted by

I think your going abit harsh on repoman,

Its hard trying to be a host

Last edited:
Not really, this is a paid for host, who gives up a whole 20 hours of his holiday when his 'business' crashes leaving his paying customers out on a limb.

A little less sympathy from me on that I'm afraid, as a host you stay till the jobs done.

Just to point out something that may have been skipped over - not having off server records of accounts and contacts. What happens when it comes to the book-keping and returns? Just guess at it? You don't get away with that.

Sorry if I do sound harsh but so much more could have been done - and a lot earlier than now.

Mistakes are made by us all,
I made a few when I was hosting Cant say it was as big as this though
Did loose all the data once :p and a few other things!

I always host my website on another server not tied with the company that way when its down the customers can get info regarding it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back